[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: carrion-crow-5529-lg.jpg (104KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
carrion-crow-5529-lg.jpg
104KB, 600x400px
How would one go about befriending a crow?
>>
offer it food and a bath bowl
>>
>>2263471
Give it a corn chip
>>
Carry a pocket full of nightcrawlers. You never know when you'll meet a crow so be ready at all times.
>>
>>2263471
feed it regularly, have some amenities for it by your house.

I had a bath bowl and some perching spots on my balcony, and I would give them popcorn and snacks whenever they came by.

Now they leave me random shiny things - paperclips, wire, plastic, soda can tabs - whenever they visit. It's really cute.
>>
french fries
>>
>>2263471
shoot it and nail its corpse to the wall of your bedroom and before long your normal crow will evolve into a carrion crow and it will learn the moves odor sleuth and curse (hence the nails)
>>
>>2263471
I feed them dry dog food at my school, every morning now they fly down for their welfare gibs.
>>
>>2263483
I have mealworms and am autistic enough to try this.
>>
>>2263471
Get something visible to get their attention like peanuts, possibly deer corn. They sell a shitload for like 5-7 dollars at Walmarts.
>>
File: Bird_meeting.jpg (149KB, 839x696px) Image search: [Google]
Bird_meeting.jpg
149KB, 839x696px
Gain control of the Meeting Hat.
>>
>>2263668
They love peanuts.
>>
>>2263766
Make sure they're roasted though.
>>
Yeah I fed some local crows for awhile. I trained them by throwing food to the closest ones. They got real close by the time I had to move. My crow army.
>>
File: crow-4.jpg (359KB, 1475x1600px) Image search: [Google]
crow-4.jpg
359KB, 1475x1600px
>>2263471

Visitor from /tg/ here. I'm working on species creation for a far-future tabletop game (Numenera) where one of the races are evolved corvids. What do you guys know about these guys that I don't? Like, what's some stuff that a crow civilization, say at a classical era tech level, might have going on that ours didn't, culturally or physically?
>>
>>2264244
Crows are fucking smart
>>
File: hornero.jpg (606KB, 1123x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hornero.jpg
606KB, 1123x1600px
>>2264244
Watch some videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZ_EciujrE

They use tools, understand visual and sound cues, they have a crow languague, and can recognize and develop relantioships with humans, good and bad.

Research for birds nests, some have roofs, or live in colonies, two of the regarded as the smartest crows are the new caledonian crow and the hawaiian crow.

Also how populated it's /tg/ lately?
>>
>>2264576
They also have prostitution.
>female mates with two males for food
>crows can't tell which of them is the father
>she's well fed and so are the chicks
>chicks grow up with 3 parents
>>
>>2264589
i call bullshit

>>2264244
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89C5gsdaSXg
has some info on crow's family structure and life, which is the important thing to study imo
>>
>>2263471
feed them. try to communicate. they are pretty smart and will hang around with you if they realize you won't harm them.
>>
>>2264244
https://steemit.com/science/@steemswede/ethology-crows-creating-and-using-tools-you-ve-got-to-be-kidding-me

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/crows-show-off-social-skills/

Kinda late but if that helps
>>
>>2264244
Call it the holy crowman empire
>>
>>2263471
I just started feeding the ravens in my neighborhood a few months ago. Just some leftovers and stale bread for the most part. I gave them raw beef chunks the other day and they went apeshit. I'm thinking about giving them a water bowl as well. They are still wary and won't go for the food if I'm outside. I'm assuming most people they've run into didn't want them around.
>>
Crows love shelled unsalted peanuts. They are nutritious, easy to cache for later and definitely one of their favorite foods. Wait until you find crow(s) perched relatively low enough to easily observe you, and then throw a few peanuts in their general line of sight without making eye contact.

After a bit, they'll grow comfortable with you looking at them, then they'll start letting you get closer to them, and eventually they'll start to get friendly and greet you as you walk along
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Crows want pickle-pee no pump-a-rum :3
>>
Somebody post that pasta about the bored office dude who started a crow cold war between the two flocks that hang around his office.
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
>>2265925
>>
File: corn chip.jpg (41KB, 430x294px) Image search: [Google]
corn chip.jpg
41KB, 430x294px
>>2263477
>>
>>2266538
That is such a bullshit story.
>>
>>2264555
Really fucking smart mate, alot of birds are
>>
File: 1460929482877.png (180KB, 862x911px) Image search: [Google]
1460929482877.png
180KB, 862x911px
>>2266538
Got that right here
>>
File: turtlehighfive.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
turtlehighfive.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>2265904
>>2264621
>>2265925
>>2264576
>>2264555

Thanks you guys. Still been reading all this, going through the documentary a little bit at a time. This is all useful!
>>
>>2266510
That's some /x/ shit right there. Kind of beautiful though.
>>
in the summer I would throw some bread (probably not the best, if not harmful) and some berries outside for them

they never really caught on I think
what did I do wrong?

now it's cold out and I don't see them anymore :(
>>
>>2263471
aim a shot gun at it,and shout dont move nigga.
>>
>>2266283
This 100 %. You can make huge flocks follow you if you manage to throw them while cycling.
>>
>>2263759
There was a game where in some point you would help a crow get his meeting hat. Cant remember what game is....
>>
>>2263471
One time I was waiting for the bus near a huge tree, and hanging out by the roots was a really haggard looking crow, messed up feathers, missing claws, some blood here and there. I kneeled near it and it started walking around me sizing me up.
>>
>>2267939
A fighter to the end. He does his race proud.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.