[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bedbugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: stages.jpg (67KB, 734x379px) Image search: [Google]
stages.jpg
67KB, 734x379px
hey /an/!

I'm pretty confident I have bedbugs because I have had them before (years ago) and I found a live one the other day. Does anyone have experience successfully getting rid of them without an exterminator? Please help, they're ruining my life!
>>
File: ivermectin.jpg (59KB, 519x250px) Image search: [Google]
ivermectin.jpg
59KB, 519x250px
>>
>>2263157
like... eating it? no kidding? I have some of that here.
>>
>>2263159
yeah took the dose for my body weight every 3 days for two weeks and it totally got rid of them
>>
>>2263162
I'll keep that in mind then. I've been trying to look for their nest but I can't find any trace of the stupid things.
>>
>>2263167
they're terrible

i had an exterminator come twice and bought a special bed and they still came back

ivermectin has been, so far, the only permanent solution
>>
>>2263172
they are seriously hell

it took so much to get rid of them before- they had to rip out the carpets and redo everything. and now they're back, years later. I'm hopeful that somehow there was just the one I found.
>>
Is it possible to have bed bugs as pets?
>>
>>2263236
y-yes
>>
>>2263236

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mju-Yx-_TmE
>>
>>2263252
that's disgusting
>>
Get one of those HEPA filter covers for your mattress and box spring and pillow. It'll suffocate them or something apparently.
>>
>>2263309
I've never seen HEPA ones but I ordered the covers as soon as I spotted the bug. It doesn't suffocate them, they can actually live for up to a year in one of those covers.
>>
>>2263119

Lol. Good luck. Lived in an apartment that had them so bad I ended up doing a midnight move with nothing but what I could disinfect in bleach.

Make it rain diametereous (sp?) earth. On your couch bed around the bed and bed board. Vasoline the feet of your bed and feet of your head board and feet on the couch. Get the aerosol spray. Go to town on them. Vaccum daily and dump the bag or bucket every time. Leave nothing on the floor. Get the covers. Clean daily. Like seriously, it sucks but you need to use a good disinfectant. I also used the flea and mite on material items. Sprayed on on the carpet surrounding my bed. Wash all rugs and bag them. Or toss them.

Good luck op.
>>
>>2263119
nuke it from orbit. Only way to be sure
>>
File: l.jpg (35KB, 526x392px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
35KB, 526x392px
>>2263119
Pest control here:

Doing it yourself is possible but you'll need a few things.

-1 gal. sprayer
-A chemical with a lasting residual effect
-A chemical that retards the reproduction process (IGR - Insect Growth Regulator)
-Flashlight
-Time

You'll have to turn over, empty out and/or dismantle ALMOST EVERYTHING in your house to inspect. EVERYTHING! Beds, couches, clocks, pictures, desks, end tables, bookshelves, etc.

Depending on the population of the pest and areas infested you should be prepared to part with some of your furniture. Ripped seams means they can enter and breed inside of a couch/box spring. Get rid of them. Check wall switches, electrical sockets, door hinges, window sills, gaps in baseboards and closet railing. Signs of nesting can be identified by small black spots. It's actually dried blood. Mix your chemical and IGR (Read the label).

Spray EVERYTHING!

If you have a HEPA filter vacuum, then suck them up first, physically removing them, then empty the filter and take it outside. This is optional and, again, depends on the number of pest in your home.

Repeat in 14-21 days.

Good luck!
>>
File: 1469841626582.jpg (242KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1469841626582.jpg
242KB, 1024x768px
I work at a mediocre hotel. Whenever we get that shit we do all the linens on high heat, bomb the room, wait a few days, inspect and repeat as necessary. Persistent little buggers.
>>
>>2263252
What the fuck. Only white people.
>>
>>2264636
you're making the problem worse
>>
Not OP but I've been having mysterious and painful welts that multiple doctors have been telling me were bedbugs. Tore apart my bed and did spring cleaning, no bugs, no bloodstains, nothing.
In my frantic searching I found that carpet beetles can cause welt-like bumps. Who knew. I've seen a shit ton of them around before for years but only started getting irritated by them recently.
>>
Chemicals arent completely effective against them. They are RIDICULOUSLY resilient against poisons and sprays.

I had an infestation years back that was so bad you could actually see them crawling up the walls. That is very rare as they normally stay hidden and dont even come out until the lights are off.

Anyway I had a can of specific "Bed Bug Spray" that was supposedly made just for them. So I see this asshole crawling up the wall and I go over with the can an start spraying him from 6 inches away. I soaked it so much that I couldnt even see it anymore underneath all the spooge from the spray. After a few seconds it just crawled right through the slop and went about its business.

The most effective and permanent way to kill the fucking things is temperature. They and their eggs die at around 180 degrees. So what they do now is insulate your windows and doors and then pump in heat to cook your house up to 180 degrees for a couple hours. This is the ONLY guaranteed way to get rid of them.

You should also put any clothing or handbags and other wearable type items in the freezer overnight to freeze them to death as well.
>>
Haven't seen anyone mention this, reddit is an awesome source for this. I found about this powder called cimexa. Buy a couple bottles and cover your house, especially your bed. Havent seen em since.
>>
>>2264169
Jesus christ I feel fucking itchy from this thread. How reliable is having a pest remover tent your house and spray it the fuck down? I am paranoid now.
>>
>>2263157
Bumping
>>
>>2265506
NOT very, at ALL.

Tenting doesn't work just as Bombing doesn't work.

Treatments for Roaches and Bedbug are, essentially, the same.

-Kill remove adults
-High number knock-down/immediate kills/removal
-Spray sanitize the areas.
-Sterilize them to quell reproduction.

As the time approaches for next treatment, you'll notice less activity/bites.

THEE reason heat DOESN'T work is because: Lazy fuckass techs, insufficient heat, procedure not followed.

Ex: Techs arrive w/ generators and heaters. YOU leave for 4-6 hrs. They just.....heat the room, NOT rotating furniture/ pake pics/posters down/fan books.
>smokebreak.jpg

You've just paid 2-3k for a ONE-TIME treatment. 3 mos. later. Back to square one.

Little known industry secret: You DON'T need a license to apply heat treatments.

- The reason WHY bombs/heat doesn't work: Because the heat/gas doesn't get WHERE you NEED it to. Under appliances/cracks around doors/window sills/ smoke detectors/ doorbells/ beds/ dressers/etc.

If you're not prepared to go the distance....abandon all hope and hire a pro.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.