[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog Breed Speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Since pet DNA tests are too expensive for me right now, I'm trying to figure out what my dog's possible breed is. I know she's a mutt, but other than that, the shelter couldn't tell me much else.

Anyone wanna take a guess with me? Right now I'm thinking she might have some Kai Ken, or maybe Norwegian Buhund. I'll post more pics of her so you can help me figure it out.
>>
Better pic of her head and ear shape
>>
>right now I think she might have some rare breed or another rare breed
well that's a stupid thing to think
>>
Pit bull
>>
What does she weigh? I would've said Kelpie or GSD mix. What makes you think she's part Spitz? Does her tail curl?
>>
Corgie and pug mixed
>>
>>2263065
I'm guessing it's a German Shepherd lab mix, but that's based on sight alone.
>>
File: squirrel_heart.jpg (178KB, 1297x821px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel_heart.jpg
178KB, 1297x821px
>>2263065

If you're interested, I did a dna test on the partially pictured dog (also a medical dna test) and the results were.

25% treeing walker coonhound
25% lab
x
25% staff/collie
25% boxer/"asian mix"

She's very coonhoundish overall. That seems to be the dominant thing, after reading about the various breed details. Though she's so far very quiet, which is a nice plus.

DNA health test said a carrier (needs another carrier to occur) for 1 eye problem (was like a benign thing that clears up after infancy.) Yay healthy mutts.

The tests were good. It was a good experience. I'd recommend them to others.
>>
>>2263137
>Yay healthy mutts.

Would you please stop spreading that false information. Mutts can either get the good from their parents, or both the bad traits, or somewhere in the middle. Mutts are not 'better' than purebreds, because a good purebred is only as good as the breeder. Back Yard Breeders that don't health test their dogs before letting them breed do not fucking count as 'purebreds'.
>>
>>2263143

you read things into that and went to town, you could say yay healthy purebreeds and I wouldn't be a little baby like you
>>
>>2263065

They're like 60 bucks and 92% accurate. That's like 8 trips to Wendy's for lunch, or 1 dinner/movie night. No one will be able to tell you with any remote accuracy on a dog that looks like that.
>>
Looks like a Formosan mountain dog aka Taiwan mutt
>>
>>2263175
wtf you spend $8 on lunch at wendy's? why
>>
>>2263065
My guess is it's part retard based on the pic.
>>
looks blue heeler mix to me

>>2263143
most genetic disorders are recessive, so purebreds are at a strong statistical disadvantage right off the bat

especially most people breeding aren't "reputable", whatever that means, despite all the memesters who pretend to know what they're talking about
>>
>>2263235

I avoid Wendy's ever since that time I ordered a single thing of nuggets and they gave me chili. It takes a special kind of retard to fuck up that order. But I would say $8 is for what I spend for lunch. Chipotle, Jersey Mike's, Chick-fil-a, Hardees, Jimmy Johns when I want it delivered, whatever else is around my office. I can't do McDonald's or something, otherwise I'll get the runs before the day is out. That shit is like Drano between a sesame seed bun.
>>
>>2263065
>>2263067
>help me identify
>posts two shitty ass pics
foh
>>2263137
Same with you
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.