[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you prove you're a good pet owner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (90KB, 743x847px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90KB, 743x847px
Could you prove you're a good pet owner?
>>
>>2262283
I feed my dog enough to keep her body healthy in good condition. I give her physical and mental exercise. I keep her environment clean and low stress. I take her to get veterinary care when necessary.

/an/ is obsessed with calling people bad owners. bathe your dog often? bad owner. feed any kibble besides orijen/acana? bad owner. have a dog in an apartment? bad owner. People love to feel superior.
>>
>>2262292
Don't be insecure.
>>
>>2262292
This
>>
>>2262292
Don't forget:

Have a full-time job? You're a bad owner. Cause you don't spend time with your dog.

Unemployed, but still have a dog? You're a bad owner because you can't afford the dog.
>>
>>2262306

He right though. /an/ is like a compilation of every annoying comment on every completely inoffensive animal video on youtube sometimes.
>>
>>2262283
My sister yesterday said that my lovebird has a better life than most third world people.
>>
>>2262316
Yes, but it's also "who gives a fuck if this species goes extinct, survival of the fittest!" and "humans are superior, if you care too much about animals you're a race traitor". It's the worst of both worlds.
>>
I'm not the best owner but I'm better than most.

>brush doggo's teeth at least weekly if not more
>brush his fur with multiple brushes weekly
>special shampoo and conditioner for when he needs a bath
>constantly searching out new places for us to take long walks so he doesn't get bored
>going to buy a pass next year so we can go play regularly in a (unknown amount of acres) state park with a creek
>microchipped, all shots up to date + some optional ones
>monthly heartworm med
>feed TOTW supplemented occasionally with eggs, chicken breast, rice, fruit, veg, things dogs can have
>looking into finding a pool he can swim at to do bad joint/hip preventative maintenance
>sometimes forego personal fun activities if he hasn't had enough exercise or mental stimulation

Though I think most of these things should be basic pet ownership
>>
>>2262336
having food (do you realize all canned cat/dog food in the United States is certified for human consumption, even the shittiest brands?) and clean water is a higher standard than poverty in the third world

that is to say, it's not exactly a fucking standard to live by. Pitbulls in the trailer park live better than your average Angolan.
>>
>>2262292
>>2262313
>>2262316
I don't think I've really seen a lot of that here. If anything, /an/ is the most relaxed community I've seen when it comes to animal care. Unless you're talking about people bitching about someone who goes to work or school 10 hours a day and got an 8 week old puppy, and they deserve it. I've been here since a little after the board was created, and the standard (for a lot of things) has steadily decreased over time

If anything it's really the opposite here. People promoting bad care. Not bringing animals to the vet or not giving them vaccines or letting them free roam etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.