[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did humans domesticate cats...or did cats domestic humans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: lol.jpg (66KB, 708x503px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
66KB, 708x503px
Did humans domesticate cats...or did cats domestic humans?
>>
Funnily enough the closest animal to ancient humans way of life before farming was the Lion, not another Primate.
>>
>>2261929

Mutually beneficial treaty.
>>
>>2261933
ancient humans. like caine in the land of nod?
>>
>>2261933
what the hell are you talking about
>>
>Who saved who?
>>
>>2261947
shoo

go back to your bird threads
>>
>>2261947
You're confusing cats for pit bulls again.
>>
>>2261933
What?
>>
>>2261933
Using what metric?
Lions' diet are far higher in protein than any ancient humans' ever were, and humans from any era are going to eat more than once a week.
>>
>>2261933
this fucking retard

obviously toxoplasma is just fucking with all y'all
>>
>>2262077
>>2262077
what?
>>
>>2261933
Yeah, especially with all of that foraging for plant food they did.
>>
Cats hijacked our instincts:

6 Adorable Cat Behaviors With Shockingly Evil Explanations
By Matthew Hayden | December 07 2009
#6. Meowing to Imitate a Baby Human

So cats domesticated us.
>>
>>2261929
The egg and hen story.
>>
>>2262182
except that its not relevant which came first in this case
>>
>>2262174
>#6. Meowing to Imitate a Baby Human
It legitimately baffles me that anyone could be such a fucking dolt that they actually believe this.
They try a bunch of different sounds and keep using the one that works best. That's it.

Also
>cracked.com
Get a life.
>>
Dogs and humans domesticated each other.

>>2261933
I think you mean dogs, which are closer in behavior to humans than primates.
>>
>>2261929
Humans domesticated cats around the time they started growing wheat and shit around the fertile crescent. The grain attracted a fuck ton of rats and mice so people kept wild cats around to kill the vermin. Funny enough, it was usually the tamer wild cats that cought the most rats, so they gradually bred them to become less and less wild.

Funfact: cats have only been domesticated about a third of the time that dogs have been.
>>
>>2262218
how do you know cats didnt domesticate humans? they got to hang around, kill rats and get pets.
>>
why do cats want us to chop their balls off
>>
>>2262174
>Shockingly Evil Explanations
I really hate this meme. It's a cat. It does not have the capacity to have sinister intentions.

Like >>2262204 said, that meowing thing is simply a matter of learning--the sound that gets the most reply is the one they keep using. Also, baby mammals sound similar across many different species anyways; look up "neoteny"--it wouldn't be unusual for a social animal to evolve with vocalizations that sounded like young because it garners more response from others.
>>
File: 20120224.gif (55KB, 576x660px) Image search: [Google]
20120224.gif
55KB, 576x660px
>>2261934
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.