[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about having twins.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1474747603672.jpg (14KB, 410x316px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1474747603672.jpg
14KB, 410x316px
I didn't know where else I could ask this but it's just a simple question about the possibility of having twins.

My girlfriend and I always wondered if we have a possibility of having twins since my mother is a twin. I don't know how it passes down but is there a possibility that we could have twins with it running in my family?

i'm not sure if it would only work for a female or if the male can carry the trait also. i'm unsure if it only carries on through women or male. I would assume only female since the egg splits but just want to know.
>>
>>2261222
Apparently women who have a fraternal twin are 2.5 times more likely to give birth to fraternal twins. So yeah I think you're right, it won't effect your own chances of twins, seems to only be a female thing.
>>
It's only a female thing. It's either that her egg will split in two or she will drop more than one egg during ovulation. Every person in your family ever could be twins and it would have no effect on you and her having twins
>>
>>2261222
i know a woman who was a twin, her mother was a twin and she had a set of twins

she got pregnant with another set but got an abortion-tube tie combo because she didn't want 5 kids
>>
>>2261270
wrong
>>
>>2261275
Good argument
>>
>>2261283
look it up, shitlord
>>
if you really want twins just have her run clomid and conceive then. or do IVF.
>>
>>2261222
no. the inheritable degree of twins is purely from the mother because its about eggs, not sperm. that being said twins are on the rise and its certainly possible for your gf to have them.
>>
>>2261293
>shitlord
>>
>>2261412
Fraternal twins are solely on the mother.
Identical twins are from the fathers side.

I've been over this because my friend has twins and triplets.
>>
>>2261222
>I don't know how it passes down but is there a possibility that we could have twins with it running in my family?
Yes, twins are genetic. The nazis tried to crack the code but couldn't.
>>
>>2261567
Incorrect. That's not how eggs work
>>
$cience!
>>
My mother was triplets; a brother and twin sisters

I am a twin; brother and sister
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.