[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Setup for my betta.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Tank.jpg (132KB, 1500x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Tank.jpg
132KB, 1500x1063px
Sup /an/, decided to buy 6x12x6 inch, 1.5 gallon tank for my betta (seen in pic), it has some decent reviews on amazon. I will also be buying a small filter which is supposedly compatible. Using triops as tankmates and I plan breed them, the tank comes with dividers so I could separate the baby triops from the betta. Torpedo beach sand will be the substrate.

Does this sound like a good setup?

P.S: I might grow some flora if I get a Led.
>>
>>2258511
I can't tell if you're trying to troll, or just don't know shit about proper husbandry.

Betas require a MINIMUM of 3 gallons, with 5 gallons still being a horribly small tank. A regular ten gallon tank would be much better and easier to do partial water changes and keep the tank at a proper temperature.

They also really aren't that expensive, and the filter you're getting will probably work fine in it. Plants are usually good as well.

Google 'caresheet' for each species and plant you want to put in the tank.
>>
>>2258517
Thanks! I've heard so many conflicting things on betta care, but one more thing /an/on. I live in the tropics and it's pretty warm here, should I still buy a heater?
>>
>>2258526
Not that anon but you should definitely have a thermometer anyway. Set your tank up (preferably 10 gallons like anon said) and let it sit for a couple days, monitor the temperature. If it stays in the favorable range (mid 70's, low 80's iirc in Fahrenheit) then I'd say it's fine, but if your house is air conditioned you probably want a heater anyway because I highly doubt your house is going to be warm enough to maintain a constant temp. Constant temps are important, fish don't like it very much if it's constantly fluctuating all over the place.
>>
>>2258511
>>2258526

*smacks head*
*smacks head*
*smacks head*
*smacks head*
*smacks head*
>>
>>2258511
Google aquajapan-30 it's in the range of 100$ and comes with the light and built in filtration. It's 7.5 gallons ish, and capable of growing plants like crypto and Anubius. Don't use torpedo beach, start with either substratum by fluval (I think) or eco-complete. Mix 50/50 tap water and distilled (or rodi) for initial water and any/all water changes. Buy a heater, prime, a 200gph pump (lifegard), stability by seachem and flourish excel by seachem. Start off right to avoid heartache and read all the bottles.
>>
>>2258511
If you haven't bought the tank yet, I would politely second the opinion that a 5 or 10 gallon tank would be a much better fit. If you have a PetSmart or Walmart near you, they sell 5 and 10 gallon kits for $30 that come with a light and filter.
Only put full-grown triops in the tank with him. If they're barely small enough to fit in his mouth he might try to eat one and choke on it. The dividers on that tank leave a pretty big gap that baby triops would easily swim through, and cutting away any space fro the betta in a tank that size isn't a great idea. You can grow the triops in a small kitchen storage container or an empty 2-liter soda bottle. Or, if you are able to get a 5+ gallon tank for the betta, you can grow the triops in the 1.5 gallon.
If you haven't picked out a filter yet, the Azoo Mignon 60 or Cascade 20 work very well for small tanks like that, up to 5 gallons.
A good LED light for plants is the Finnex Stingray, though you can grow lots of low light plants using the cheap (~10USD) lights on eBay, or a desk lamp with a daylight CFL.

>>2258526
Get a thermometer for the tank so you can monitor the temperature. Bettas will tolerate temperatures between 74-86F (23-30C), but their ideal range is 78-82F (25-28C). You should get a heater if you're not able to keep the tank in that range. As a side note, heaters for larger tanks tend to be easier to find and cheaper than ones for nano tanks.
>>
>>2258517
>>2259279
>Troll!
>Google caresheets!
>Betas require a MINIMUM of 3 gallons!
>Betas require a MINIMUM of 1 gallon!
>Betas require a MINIMUM of 2.5 gallons!
>Betas require a MINIMUM of 5 gallons!
>Betas require a MINIMUM of 10 gallons!

Tolerating you faggots would be a lot easier if you didn't have such a misplaced sense of cunty superiority whenever you come into these threads spouting something different every single time. (Especially when you can't even spell "betta")
The tank OP posted is a 2.5 gallon with a couple inches shaved off the top, which the betta wouldn't miss. It's not ideal, but if you're okay with a betta going in a 2.5 gallon, there's no reason to oppose that tank.

>They also really aren't that expensive
You don't know that until you know where he lives. Aquarium prices outside the US are wildly different from those inside the US, and if he's stuck only buying online, that's also a factor.
>>
bettas live in puddles in the wild a 1 gallon is fine anyone telling you to get more is a troll just be sure you get a cover because they're known to jump out of the tank
>>
>>2259571
>bettas live in puddles in the wild
People still actually believe this shit?
>>
>>2259571
Known to jump out to find larger bodies of water :)
>>
>>2259571
Are you fucking dumb? No betta lives in a puddle. People like you should be forced to live in a bathtub. 5 or 10 gallon aquariums arent that expensive.
>>
>>2259334

>Aquarium prices outside the US are wildly different from those inside the US

Why is that the case?

I'm not doubting you I'm just asking why.

I've been abroad and it's insane how expensive consumer goods are in most places that aren't America.
>>
>>2261051
I honestly don't know. VAT and tariffs, maybe?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.