[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the death of your doggo? I had to put my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1478016918258.png (34KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
1478016918258.png
34KB, 470x512px
How do you deal with the death of your doggo? I had to put my dog down today and I cannot handle these feels.
>>
lol get over it.
>>
>>2258164
Im sorry you were never able to connect with another thing on this planet.
>>
File: 1468269134423.jpg (217KB, 1200x830px) Image search: [Google]
1468269134423.jpg
217KB, 1200x830px
>>2258173
i feel you man my rat died and im losin it

i console myself knowing I gave him a good life and he tasted 18 year old scotch and $200.00 a pound ham, was protected from predators etc
>>
>>2258186
> $200 lb ham
Dafuq?
Ain't no swine worth that much mang.
>>
>>2258186
Its crazy the connection you can make. It didnt fully hit me til I saw her pass at the vets. Sorry about your mouse anon.
>>
File: how_could_you.png (386KB, 730x1268px) Image search: [Google]
how_could_you.png
386KB, 730x1268px
>>2258161
>>
File: dog_baw.jpg (658KB, 366x8000px) Image search: [Google]
dog_baw.jpg
658KB, 366x8000px
>>2258205
>>
File: hm.png (745KB, 530x2214px)
hm.png
745KB, 530x2214px
>>2258206
>>
Live and keep going forward.

It's what your doggo would want.

And cry a bit if you want. I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out when my dog goes, and I haven't cried in a decade or so.
>>
>>2258161
i know its a general bad idea to transfer your feeling from one person to another, but at first it could be something whole different with a dog and second somepeople are pretty fine such behaviour, i would cry until i am empty 1-4 weeks and then get another dog
>>
>>2258161
sulk for as long as you want and then decide were you wanna go from there. Either could just keep going or get a new doggo if you feel it's right
>>
>>2258206
why would you do this?
>>
your dog died for a reason....it hated you. yes I shave with the edge I have.
>>
Just found out my dog has liver failure and we might have yo put here down cuz there's no way we can afford all the test to find out why this is happeing. In the waiting room now dosent look good.
>>
Had to put our dog down a few months ago because of something that immediately came up and nothing was helping her. We tried what we could, but in the end she had a seizure overnight at the vet's and we went that morning (when we got the message) and had to do it. My mom and I, I mean. We had adopted her and for seven years she was my constant companion. I tried to yell at her like I always did and she'd listen, but not the last time. It took me a few minutes to release the paper after my mom signed it. That morning I drank and smoked, as my nerves were completely shot from the stress of the three days. It was very hard for me.

We went months without a dog in the house when I had always had one around since I had been eight. I turned 26 this year. All that time with a dog (my first one was difficult, but since it wasn't immediate and we knew it was coming it was easier and we had the dog that passed a few months ago). It wasn't as empty, and then it was.

I barely did anything outside for a long time since whenever I did something, there was the dog. Sitting outside with me no matter if it was 100f and burning whilst I mowed the grass or whether we were out at 3am slipping on ice because it was peaceful and calm.

It was hard, and I don't think I'm over either of my dogs dying. I don't think I'll ever be since they are very big parts of my life. We have one now and have had her for three months already. She was a rescue puppy and quite the handful. Very intelligent but extremely stubborn. I absolutely love her. Life has kind of returned to normal. I couldn't even check the mail after the one left because for seven years she was there with me. Almost every single day.

I can hardly deal with stuff like this, so I can't offer any advice. It's hard to get over routines or even do anything you did prior without the dog. At least it was for me. I hope you're different. I get very attached to my friends. They're not tools or toys to me, they're companions.
>>
>>2258161
I haven't had any dog, but I had two turtles, one of them died at 20years old, had it for 15 years, she was basically like a dog, she always looked for people around the house, and then stepped on our feet to rest, she was cute, she even tried to climb to your lap using his claws on your clothes, so I usually had her on my lap and she tried to hide on warm spots like my belly or kidney zones,She loved being scratched on her long neck. When she died I was the first one I encounter her, she was on the bathroom near his ´´pool´´, her position was like she was sleeping with her head out resting on her paws, she used to sleep like that, but when I saw her I knew she was dead, I kept looking at her seating at the bidet for about 20 minutes without moving a single muscle, it was a sad moment, but I knew that turtle lived a long time and was treated extremely well. Years later another turtle died too, but that turtle was kinda different, was just like a turtle, not like the other one which acted like a dog.
>>
Lost my best friend, my Labrador, just under two months ago. It still hurts, but it gets easier with time, right now it's likely too painful to look back on the memories you had of your dog, but with time you can come to reflect on the good times you spent with each other and smile knowing you made eachother's lives better.

I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my dogs, and I owe it to them to keep going for as long as I can. I got a new pup around 2 weeks ago and it was the best decision I personally could have made, I love her very much and I know my old boys would have loved her too. She is helping a lot. I'm so sorry about your friend, OP. A heartbreaking situation.
>>
You cry and mourn until you're out of tears. Passage of time will help you accept things. Remember that getting past the mourning period and moving on doesn't mean that you're betraying the memory of the dog, it's okay to let yourself feel happy again when you get the chance. Thinking of the dog will make you feel pain and sorrow right now while you're still dealing with loss, but eventually some day you should be able to focus on all the nice happy memories from the dog's prime years.

If you feel like the house is too empty and you want to have a dog in your life, that's okay. But if you need more time to deal with what happened and if it feels wrong to get another dog that soon, that's okay too. Different people feel differently about this situation.
>>
File: 2iiwk1s.gif (2MB, 375x283px) Image search: [Google]
2iiwk1s.gif
2MB, 375x283px
>>2258206
fuck that described my dog almost exactly
>>
OP here. Thank you all for sharing and replying. I'm feeling better little by little. I broke down crying last night when I got home late and she wasnt there to greet me like she used to do. But day by day like you guys say it'll get better. Dogs are incredible creatures and the bond you develop with them is unique. In the end I am just grateful to have experienced that bond for myself with my own dog.
>>
>>2258311
Hope it turned out okay anon
>>
>>2258161
Get a new one.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.