[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MA Ballot Question 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: sadchicken.jpg (235KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
sadchicken.jpg
235KB, 470x313px
"A "yes" vote supports this proposal to prohibit the sale of eggs, veal, or pork of a farm animal confined in spaces that prevent the animal from lying down, standing up, extending its limbs, or turning around."

What does /an/ think about this? I'm having a tough time deciding how to vote.
>>
>>2258000
>animals should have enough room to at least extend their limbs or turn around before they are brutally slaughtered

What is so hard about this?
>>
>>2258003
>B-b-b-but muh space and exercise costs m-m-m-money

That's why its"so hard".
>>
>>2258003
They want to fit as many in a small space as possible. Space is money.
>>
>>2258015
>>2258024
The meat industry is making plenty of money. They can sacrifice some for the benefit of the animals.

>inb4 but the prices!
If you can't handle paying a few cents more so that the animal you paid to have tortured can at least move, you're a pretty vile human being.
>>
ugh, americans
>>
>>2258000
seems to me that a NO vote should prohibit the torture of animals...

In any case, I support stem cell and vegetable-grown meat masses.

said masses are boneless, skinless(unless if you're growing bone or leather) and microscopically identical to meat.

go GMO
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 225x224px
>>2258037
>Jelly yuropoors can't get us off their minds even in unrelated threads

Feels good to be king tbqh lads
>>
File: beef-grading-us-can.jpg (136KB, 679x413px) Image search: [Google]
beef-grading-us-can.jpg
136KB, 679x413px
>>2258056
i'm canadian

you try so hard to sell your shitty meat and dairy up here

but we know it's garbage and won't buy it even at 1/3 the price
>>
>>2258056
and, yes, it's pretty fucking related,

other """"""first world""""" countries don't hold elections on whether or not basic minimum standards of humanity ought to be met
>>
>>2258067
i wouldn't eat that shit either

that's done to meet american standards, anyway
>>
>>2258035
Tripling the price of eggs impacts areas of high poverty. I mean, I can afford it and already buy local humane eggs, but I'm unsure if I would want to vote to raise prices for those who can't afford it.
>>
>>2258082
Free range eggs are not triple the cost.
>>
>>2258086
free range =/= local humane
>>
>>2258092
This isn't even talking about "humane". Nothing about being able to extend your limbs or move around is about being completely humane, it's about being slightly less cruel.
>>
>>2258035

Implying the Jews will give away any chance to make more money.
>>
>>2258000
As if this could ever be enforced. It'll be just another government waste of money as they hire people to run around trying to check all this stuff and getting nowhere. Look, the cause is good, but unless they have a hard set plan on how they're going to crackdown on this I don't see the point.
>>
>>2258286
Same prop passed years ago in CA and we're doing fine with it.
>>
>>2258286
It stops Walmart from selling tyson foods eggs. No one cares about the already humane local Massachusetts farms.
>>
>>2258082

Believing this shit.

Big agriculture companies CAN and SHOULD be able to easily cover the costs of human food.

They make hundreds of millions each year. Adding the extra space will not cost nearly as much as people would pretend it would.

I mean seriously, how much would it really fucking cost to double the size of a pig pen? Sure there's an upfront cost, but beyond that?

Don't believe the horseshit these companies peddle.
>>
>>2258322
>Big agriculture companies CAN and SHOULD be able to easily cover the costs of human food.

But they don't.

This is a factual statement.
>>
>>2258324

Yes, well we could get into a big discussion about the negatives of big companies focused solely on money.
>>
>>2258326
I'm saying that your response is irrelevant. This bill will increase the price of a cheap and staple protein for poor people. Makes the decision tough.
>>
>>2258327

No it doesn't.
>>
>>2258333
k
>>
>>2258327
they can start spending less on garbage then
>>
you guys should be embarrassed that this is even a discussion

farm subsidies and food stamps make whether or not poor people can afford 10 or 25 cents for an egg irrelevant
>>
>>2258082

nobody starves in the US for lack of access to nutrients.
malnutrition is a problem due to counterproductive subsidies regimes and lack of education.
we have more than enough capacity to provide for all our immediate economic and long-term health needs.

i can't think of any good reason to vote no.
of course all investments come with an opportunity cost.
but it's we cannot indefinitely ignore the fact that, given the resources and technology we've available, there still exists an enormous gulf in the suffering of factory farmed animals and humans in our society.
if one wants to look for places where each dollar invested has greatest impact in improving freedom and reducing suffering, factory farming is the place to start.
>>
>>2258381
This comment is far too educated to have any place on this board.
Or website.
>>
>>2258000
much of the time they're confined for their own good since chickens and pigs will eat each other.

veal is a different story. It's pretty rare in supermarkets in my area though. Nobody buys it.
>>
>>2258039
THIIIISSS!!

STAR TREK, HERE WE COME!!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.