[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161103_221201_215.jpg (135KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161103_221201_215.jpg
135KB, 900x1600px
My Norwegian Elkhound had a seizure. Wat do?

This is the second one in almost 10 months. Should I be worried?
>>
Probably not. But if it makes you feel better, talk to your vet. Your dog probably just got into something they shouldn't have. If your dog is on seizure meds and it doesn't have seizures often then it could do more damage than help your dog.

That's my experience at least.
>>
Did you take it to the vet the first time? Might need medication to control it and/or an exam to see what the underlying problem is.
>>
File: IMAG0167_1.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0167_1.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>2257828
>>2257829

We have taken him to the vet both times and they haven't really done anything. This time they are finally running x-rays.

It's scary when it happens and he looks like he's in pain.
>>
sounds like your doggie ate bad shrooms while guzzling grass in the yard after eating bad food outta teh trash.

he gonna ded soon.

take lots of cute pics while you still can OP
>>
Epilepsy in dogs are quite common. Take your dog to another vet to get a second opinion.
>>
>>2257827
Try to contact with people who bought a dog from the same breeder. Ask questions about their dogs health.
>>
>>2257827

Seizures will be down to one of a few things, either your dog has epilepsy (and will need medication to control it for the rest of his life) that's ideopathic (i.e they're not quite sure WHY he's fitting, but it's likely to be a genetic predisposition), which is likely given his age. OR, he'll have something physically wrong with him that is causing him to fit- which means there could be something physically causing him to fit in his brain (i.e a tumour, oedema etc), less likely in a younger dog.

X-rays are the beginning, you can't really see soft tissue structures on an x-ray, so your dog might be referred on for an MRI. If your vet sees nothing physically wrong with the dog after testing (likely to be a diagnosis of idiopathic epilepsy) he may discuss anti-seizure medication with you, something you will have to give to your dog for the rest of his life- note that it will reduce the frequency of the fits, not get rid of them altogether. However, what really doesn't fit with this pattern is the frequency of the fits.

Keep us updated OP!
>>
>>2259254
Well the vet didn't prescribe anti-siezure medication.

We started putting his toys up when he doesn't have supervision since he has a tendency to eat the stuffing/ squeakers.

We were told he is a little overweight so we have cut back his food to 3/4 of a cup two times a day, and we are going to walk him twice a day instead of once.

Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it.
>>
>>2257986
>he gonna ded soon
kek
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.