[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Adventure/Lifepartner/Protection doggo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: yamete kudasai.jpg (108KB, 400x411px) Image search: [Google]
yamete kudasai.jpg
108KB, 400x411px
I will travel very often, to many different areas. I want to explore nature and I want to explore different cultures. I plan to do these things while I have the chance to and am not tied down with a house, family, or fixed location career.

I want a dog, a partner who I could take on these adventures. A dog with the constitution to handle hours of exertion in environments ranging from hikes in the snowy mountains of Switzerland to the humid jungles of El Salvador.

A dog with the intelligence to allow it to be trained well.

There are evil people in the world. Considering that I hope to travel to many different areas, where I'll be exposed to many different kinds of people, not all of which who would be adverse to hurting me. A dog with the physical strength to defend itself, and myself or loved ones in the case of an attack.

The dog must also be a good family dog. I don't plan on adventuring for life and I don't plan on just getting rid of the dog once I'm done with my world travels. I want a dog that can love and protect my children as they are born and grow up.

I know this is a very specific kind of dog I'm looking for and I know a lot of it is up to proper training as well.

I've always been a cat owner and for the past few years have really been wanting a dog. Right now it feels like the perfect time in my life to get a dog.

I recently started my search and as of now I'm thinking either German Sheperd or Rhodesian Ridgeback. Possibly a Labrador Retriever. What are your guys thoughts on this?
>>
I vote for Labrador :)
>>
Find a good natured mutt at the pound. A purebreed is likely to get stolen in 3world countries.
>>
>trying to take a dog through many different countries
have fun spending a lot of money and waiting a long time while it goes through quarantine.
>>
>>2257405
Settle down and then take the dog, you mong.
>>
Animals often have to be quarantined for weeks if you bring them into a new country. They're not good travel buddies.
>>
>>2257492
>>2257531
These desu, quarantine is often around 3-6 months if it's longer than 3 weeks, and in a kennel. No home quarantine for dogs crossing borders.

But also >>2257479 this too, especially if it's young or not fixed. Get yourself a generic looking mutt.
>>
I was definitely planning on adopting, all my pets have been adopted from the pound.

I recall my parents bringing over a dog from a different country before without any quarantine. It was a chow chow too.
>>
>>2257580
However yeah quarantines would make everything a lot more complicated.

I was going to start by adventuring in my country first and visiting as many of the different environments that we have before I went on to different countries.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.