[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green Iguanas are the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Green iguana..jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Green iguana..jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Out of all the reptiles I've come across Green Iguanas are the worst. They're incredibly pissy animals that require and insane amount of husbandry. They're an alien species where I come from and out compete the Blue Iguanas (an endangered species). Asshole iguanas will dominate your yard if you let them and will pretty much turn it into a hot spot for the bastards to congregate, not to mention when they're in droves they'll completely destroy your garden. Fortunately the government has said year round hunting for them is ok and they actual taste pretty good when served with curry sauce.
>>
>>2256756
>Green Iguanas are the worst

People who think green iguanas can be kept as pets in a 2 room apartment are actually the worst.
>>
>>2256756
>Blue Iguanas
Bet they have the same ecological niche as the green iguana, who cares.
If the green iguanas are outcompeting something as rare as the solenodon: that is more signficant.

But just by looking at Wikipedia it aren't even the green iguanas making them endangered. At least get it right.

But desu, I'll give it to you the blue iguana is much prettier.
>>
>>2256759
And three (or four) lizards, idiot.
>>
>>2256820
This.
>No direct negative consequences of this introduction on the blue iguana are known
Fuck you OP.
>>
>>2256820
>Trusting wikipedia over that national trust or botanic park, organizations that work with Blue iguanas in their habitat.

Yeah blues are also screwed over by construction and urban expansion but greens are another part of the problem. They out compete the blue by breeding faster and feeding more aggressively on the flora that blues consume.The niche that the blue serves is that as land based forager/ browser that burrows. Greens are arboreal but can also be at home in a swamp/ mangrove swamp, it's very obvious that the blue iguana isn't a climber just from how heavy set they are.
>>
File: That's our boy.jpg (11KB, 384x131px) Image search: [Google]
That's our boy.jpg
11KB, 384x131px
>>2256821
>>2257106
>>2256759
We also have Racer snakes, here's a pic of one taking on a iguana.
>>
>>2256759
who the fuck asked you
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (14KB, 540x332px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
14KB, 540x332px
>>2256756
>cucked by a lizard
>>
>>2257081
To be honest desu, neither that nor Wikipedia, but actual scientific papers. But you can't expect me to read all papers on this issue before making that comment, can you?

And it isn't the first time that I've seen acquisitions about non-native species that turned out to be false or less severe when you read the scientific papers. The sacred ibis in Europe comes to mind.

If they have the exact same niche, it is very likely that they compete, I will say that. But desu I can't find anything by looking at Google Scholar.

So unless you provide me with a paper we do not know if the green iguana is outcompeting the blue iguana. It is perfectly possible, but please do not provide it as a fact when it is not.
>>
File: 123123.jpg (230KB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
230KB, 1300x731px
Mines pretty chill.
Had him for a little over 2 years now. When I first got him he was a tiny little fucker that whipped at you just for looking at him but he stopped that after 2 weeks.
>>
>used to have a fuck load of wild iguanas in my yard
>they all ran a way when a monitor started patrolling my neighborhood.
>fucked off before animal control could get it
>now I got no iguanas just a bunch of shitty cats and dogs roaming the neighborhood.
>>
>mfw bubaposting died
>>
>>2257464
Accusations?
>>
My iguana was pretty awesome. He would climb up my wife's back and lounge on her shoulder whenever she turned on the hair drier. But he got mad if you didn't let him go into the pantry whenever he wanted. Took a dump on my sandwich once because of that.
>>
>>2256756
Sound like niggers.

>If you don't make them leave more will come
>Destroy any property they occupy
>Hassles native species

Shot one once (iguana not a negro) with a 12 gauge at about 15 yards because it was attacking anybody who would go into the backyard. Tasted really good.

Keep on trucking OP
>>
>>2256756
>they actual taste pretty good when served with curry sauce.

You can a pound of meat off of the big ones, at least, right?

Just eat those bastards....
>>
>>2257752
You can get about a rabbit of similar size worth of meat, a little less.
>>
>>2257751
>hassles native species

historically, native americans and african americans got along quite well.
>>
>>2256820
Those blue iguanas look like dinosaurs, I assume anon it's on the cayman islands and green iguanas are considered turistic assets, that's why they are overbreed, eating them sounds like the obvious option.
>>
>>2257701
>Accusations
Yep, sorry for that. Didn't know how to spell it, and acquisitions was the first word that popped up in the search engine.
>>
>>2257830
thats a wild blue?
looks like its spine has some heavy mbd or some shit going on
>>
>>2256756
>that require and insane amount of husbandry

So, they are bad at getting laid?
>>
Why do people always talk about how aggressive iguanas are? I have two males who I don't interact with too much, and they both aren't aggressive at all. Did I just get super lucky?
>>
>>2258562
>Did I just get super lucky?
No but they did, it is very hard for homosexual iguanas to find a mate.
>>
>>2256756
>actual taste pretty good when served with curry sauce

That does sound good.
>>
>>2258180
Wild reptiles look a lot fuckier than captive ones
>>
>>2258588
I bet it is healthy too, since it is possibly very lean and white meat.
>>
>>2257810
I think he's talking about animals, niggers hate them
>>
>>2259584
that's precious considering white people are almost soley responsible for the anthropocene.
>>
>>2259589
btfo
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.