[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my cat just finished being treated for her first UTI, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

So my cat just finished being treated for her first UTI, and the vet tells me that my cat needs to move from her dry cat foot to wet cat food from here on out.

I don't know which brand to use, and of course a google search for "wet cat food" turns up mountains of advertised shit.

I need something that won't cost me my left nut in price, but isn't processed cornmeal shit from god knows where.

Any tips?
>>
http://www.catinfo.org

Don't skim stuff, especially the part about switching foods.
>>
>>2256266
>Any tips?

Yeah, get rid of it and get a decent pet like a dog or lizard or something.
>>
easiest decent food is fancy feast classics.

there are better and cheaper foods out there though.

>>2256271
this is a great resource for any cat owner
>>
File: Dog-Using-The-Computer-1.jpg (124KB, 625x428px) Image search: [Google]
Dog-Using-The-Computer-1.jpg
124KB, 625x428px
>>2256295
>>2256277
>>
>>2256271
thank you, I appreciate it.

>>2256277
Own a bearded dragon. Also n bully plz

>>2256300
no bully
>>
>>2256303
it's an indoor cat that only kills stuffed animals and my wife's hope of having something other than me love her.

shut up
>>
File: the absolute madman.png (1MB, 1431x966px) Image search: [Google]
the absolute madman.png
1MB, 1431x966px
>>2256300
so you're dax flame?
>>
Nutro is my all time food for cat or dog. It's best bang for buck, good quality but not horrendously overpriced like blue Buffalo n shit. It's got wet food, treats, pretty much anything you can think of.
>>
I feed something called 4health grain free formula i get it at a tractor supply store. My cat breeding friend suggested it She also said the really best thing for a cat is to feed it raw food. She grinds up a whole chicken and feeds that that to her cats
>>
Also wet food is bad for their teeth you're gonna need to start brushing your cats teeth or feed it uncooked raw chicken bones
>>
anything but friskies or some really cheap shit.
grain free is best
>>
>>2256303
Toxoplasmosis isn't really a big deal, though. You can only catch it once, unless you get HIV or start chemotherapy and then if you contract t. gondii you might develop encephalitis.

Almost anything can carry it or pass it on, not just cats. You're probably at just as much risk of it if you own a ratting JRT, or any dog that will eat something dead in the yard while you're not looking.

Where I am, it's the introduced rats and weasels that kill the most native species, not the cats. Which I know from autopsies from the animals we get from kill traps at vulnerable locations, and the stomach contents I have investigated in depth.

Cat hate is pointless.
>>
>>2256499
I feed the same thing! It's really great for the price. I also feed Paws and Claws from that store- there's one flavor in the giant cans that's grain free. $1.19 for something like 20 oz of grain free cat food is stupid cheap.
>>
>>2256516
I will have to check that out and see if my store carries paw n claws also thanks
>>
>>2256523
there's only one flavor that's grain free- turkey and giblets. my kittens do fine on it, but it's mostly byproducts.

I'd rather feed raw but a meat grinder is a serious investment and the butcher near me is shut down for now.
>>
>>2256511
>almost anything can carry it
Found worldwide,T. gondiiis capable of infecting virtually allwarm-bloodedanimals,[4]butfelidssuch asdomestic catsare the only knowndefinitive hostsin which the parasite can undergo sexual reproduction
>not a big deal
>can and has caused encephalitis
that's only one example. Toxoplasmosis is a disease and saying it doesn't matter is like saying its okay to live in shit as long as its only a little shit
>>
>>2256568
your copy paste skills suck.

where'd you come from? did bugguy figure out a way to reproduce asexually and create new cat-hating tripfags?
>>
>>2256582
grabbed it from Wikipedia
is it so wrong for 2 people to share a (factually correct) opinion?
>>
>>2256266
It's just a shitty cat

Lay out whatever food you want for it and it will eat it eventually

>getting bullied by a tiny animal

Catfags everyone
>>
>>2256568
Okay. But, consider: you can catch infectious diseases from just about any animal. Including other humans. Hell, with international travel the way it is humans are a tremendous disease risk. Cats, dogs, farm animals, birds, they can all give you something infectious. Sometimes even from the vegetables you eat because of something in the soil they were grown in. There was a case of contaminated carrots locally last year. There was campbylobacter in the water supply in the town over the ranges. They still don't know how that got there. A couple of old people died.

For a long time, there was enormous prejudice here about the cleanliness of dogs because they were known and prevalent vectors of hydatids. Hydatids are worse than toxoplasmosis, let me tell you, but people still kept dogs.

I'd take toxoplasmosis over salmonella or E. coli any day, except I probably already had toxo as a kid. We adopted a stray off the streets when I was eight, and kids are never that clean.

So why do you make it out to be such a huge deal?

Anyway, OP: Look around your local supermarkets and pet supply stores. Sometimes you can find that one cheap off brand that's actually reasonably decent for cost and not full of shit like cereals. It does require doing a bit of legwork and fine reading, though.
>>
>>2256622
those other things are unavoidable risks of having *any* pet
having a cat is literally willing another disease on yourself for no reason
they are by nature emotionless, disease riddled, invasive shit pets
why would you want that? must be the brain toxo
>>
>>2256627
Toxo only lasts a couple of months, and I probably had it sometime around 18 years ago, if I ever had it. I think it might've worn off.

Interacting with people is literally willing another disease onto yourself for no reason at all. It'll happen eventually. Maybe in a week, maybe in a month, maybe in three months. It'll be rhinovirus or norovirus or influenza or maybe something more sinister. Are you going to sit at home? Most people are assholes and you probably don't want to interact with them, anyway. Just avoid the sickness altogether! Never leave your house, never keep any animals, only eat food after you've cooked it at such a high temperature no disease could have survived.

Disease is part of life, and you're not even guaranteed to get toxo. Not if your cat is an indoor only pet.

>they are by nature emotionless
Is this backed up by fact in a study or three somewhere, or is it your opinion? Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge, after all.
>>
>>2256584
Congrats on going to wiki and skipping the info that doesn't fit your narrative...

>Toxoplasmosis is usually spread by eating poorly cooked food

>Up to half of the world's population are infected by toxoplasmosis but have no symptoms.

> In the United States about 23% are affected and in some areas of the world this is up to 95%
>>
>>2256853
considering cats (Felidae) are the ONLY hosts in which Toxoplasmosis Gondii can reproduce, it stands to reason that getting rid of cats would eliminate the parasite, dummy
just because it has no symptoms doesn't mean its healthy. fucking Americans
>>
>>2256737
Well technically, it's both. T. gondii is the parasite, Toxoplasmosis is "cat lady disease"
>>
>>2256854
Oh boy, so now you're advocating for the extinction of a large, diverse family of predators? For a disease most people aren't even going to notice they have?
>>
>>2256303
Are you plont's seedling?
>>
>>2256863
a large relatively homogenous invasive population of disease riddled felids*
>>2256864
Student and master, my friend
>>
>>2256865
MY FAGGOT METER IS OFF THE CHARTS
>>
>>2256872
it's a shame that discussion/argument turns childish when one party is clearly right
go back to /b/ kid
>>
>>2256304
That is not you.

Is that you?
>>
>>2256873
derailing someone's thread with your cat hate spam and faggy asslicking of plont is sure "being in the right"
>>
>>2256897
>cat hate
I don't hate cats; I don't hate anything. it irks me how people thoughtlessly allow parasites into their body and invasive species into their environment.

plont and I share an opinion based more on fact and less on "muh brain parasite feels love"

plus arguing with illiterates on /an/ can be fun.
>>
>>2256910
This thread has nothing to do with toxoplasmosis and you two jerking each other off, besides, you can get your cat tested and confirm it to be T free.
>>
>>2256504
Myth.
>>
>>2256923
t. gondii isn't the only knock against cats.
they're sociopathic, by nature emotionless, and are invasive in almost all domestic environments
and they lick themselves after shitting that's nasty
>>
>>2256939
they are as emotional as any mammal in Carnivora
>>
File: 1460850587335.jpg (33KB, 720x482px) Image search: [Google]
1460850587335.jpg
33KB, 720x482px
FUCKIN SLAVES GET YOUR ASSES BACK HERE!
>>
>>2256953
mammals lack human emotion generally, with the exception of those raised solely with humans (Canis lupus familiaris)
>>
File: Gym Boss.jpg (26KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Gym Boss.jpg
26KB, 576x432px
Got me mad
>>
>>2256959
look look how smart I am I type latin names instead of saying 'dog'
>>
>>2256939
>lick themselves
Compared to dogs that use toilet paper?
>>
>>2256941
>mutually exclusive
Your ESL is showing, tulip man.
>>
>>2256976
Better to be specific, nobody can misinterpret that way
>>2256981
dogs shit outside not in a box inside the house lol
>>
>>2256886
I don't know.

I pictured you different I guess. Wasn't expecting someone that attractive.
>>
>>2256941
Ummm. Mutually exclusive means both things bring true is impossible.....
>>
>>2256998
Dogs also get impacted anal glands and scoot their shitty asses across your carpet.

Never had a cat do that to me.

>>2256959
Human emotion. Dogs don't have human emotion, either. Their emotions, while more limited in range, are no less expressive. Nothing has human except for humans. But that does not equate to lacking emotion -- it just means that you aren't taking the time to learn the physical tells that do indicate emotion.

Cats have plenty of emotion. They're perfectly sociable companion animals, provided you read them right and treat them with respect. Anyone whose cat meows hello to them when they enter the room, or jumps up on the bed to curl up behind their knees with a soft pur of contentment can tell you that. They don't pur for hot water bottles. Cats don't even meow for other cats -- that's a form of communication reserved for human beings.
>>
>>2257023
your anecdotal evidence is NOT data and you response is not a refutation so, what was the point of typing all that drivel out?
>>
>>2257027
Okay, no. There have been studies. Cats reserve meowing for kittens only. Adult cats don't meow at each other except for caterwauling during heat or pre-fight. But cats meow at humans as a means of communication.
>>
>>2257033
"There have been studies" is a nice source dude. also what does meowing have to do with anything I said
>>
cats

too dumb to drink water
>>
>>2257033
>cats don't meow at each other except when they're communicating with each other for reasons
>cats meow at humans when they communicate for reasons

what the fuck is the point of this retarded-ass argument?
>>
>>2257036
cats can't be sociopathic you turd. only humans can be sociopaths.
>>
I'm actually researching the same thing too. I went to catinfo.org but the most helpful thing she said was EVERY CANNED FOOD IS SHIT BASICALLY LOL I MAKE MY OWN BUT I GUESS YOU CAN TRY THESE.

I bought some blue buffalo for the kitten I'm bringing home in about two weeks. The ingredients seems comparable to Wellness and other brands that are "grain free", but of course they have sweet potato in them and what not. I'm wondering what brands people recommend.
>>
>>2257058
It depends on what your budget's like... I'm pretty poor so I feed the cheapest I can find that's grain free. It costs me ~$50 to feed two kittens a month. I feed a rotation of about 5 brands.

Check out her spreadsheet and pick things that are high in protein and fat and low in carbs. You want to aim for at least 10% protein for a kitten.

Tiki Cat and Nature's Variety are two of the best foods I've heard.
>>
>>2257074
I would say mid-tier budget. Not poor but trying to save as much as possible. Wellness seemed ok but I was debating on if I could feed the adult food vrs kitten food (13 weeks) because the ingredients are extremely similar, but the price is cheaper for adult.
>>
>>2257099
I've gotten a lot of mixed opinions on adult vs kitten food... but it seems like it's just a way to make more money. As far as I can tell the only difference is kitten = high protein/high fat.

Some mid-tier (IMO) brands I like are Dave's Pet Food, Wellness, Nature's Variety (the dog version is the same as the cat, btw), and Nulo. I buy big cans, same food, less money!

Blue Buffalo sucks- high carbs, lots of recalls.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.