[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ducks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: baby-duck.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
baby-duck.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
I'm thinking of getting a pet duck. But before I get one, I need to know from duck owners or duck experts on duck knowledge. Are ducks cool? How are they? What do they do? Is it worth it? Can I sleep? Do they cuddle with you? Are they smart? Do they bond with me?
>>
if you want a duck but you don't know anything about ducks then you don't want a duck.
>>
>>2256260
Ducks are awesome, but a lot of maintenance, they need to wear diapers unless you want duck shit everywhere. They also need a place to swim to keep their nostrils and eyes clean. I'd totally get one if I could take care of it.
>>
>>2256260
You need to get a few if you want to keep a duck. Some places make you buy multiple fucks. In my state, the smallest amount of ducks you can purchase is 6.
>>
>>2256260
dont get a peking duck. they are probably the only ducks still fucking at this time of year.
>>
I have 11 mottled ducks and leave them out in the backyard as there is a huge pond there to keep them occupied all day.

I pretty much feed and house them but otherwise they do what they want as they are easy to maintain.
>>
File: IMG_0375.jpg (18KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0375.jpg
18KB, 320x220px
>>2256846

>multiple fucks
>>
>>2256846
>>2257325
The one time I actually do want my phone to correct fuck to duck, and it doesn't. Well played.
>>
File: Wood Duck m17-67-896_V.jpg (661KB, 2400x1597px) Image search: [Google]
Wood Duck m17-67-896_V.jpg
661KB, 2400x1597px
>>2256260
Ducks are very cool. They swim around and eat bread. Definitely worth it.

What style you gonna get? I like wood ducks myself.
>>
Grew up on a farm most of my early life, been around ducks a lot.

They will shit everywhere unless you put them in a diaper or something. Be aware of this. You cannot house train them.

They also have a tendency to kick out a lot of feathers, their smaller feathers will get all over the place as they fall out.

I couldn't imagine having one of these indoors, they can be quite loud, especially when they're hungry.

Now let me tackle your questions

>Are ducks cool.
If you can have them outdoors, yes, they're cool. I liked them. Their quacks never bothered me and I would enjoy watching them graze our yard.

>How are they?
They're fine.

>What do they do.
They're either eating, fucking (if possible), grazing, bathing, shitting or bathing.

>Is it worth it?
Out doors with space and a watering hole for them to drink/bathe? In doors? I wouldn't dream of it.

>Can I sleep?
Probably, they'll be awake during the day and sleep at night, they also tend to take naps in the early afternoon.

>Do they cuddle with you.
Unlikely, they haven't been domesticated for that.

>Are they smart.
Not really. They basically exist of an 'essentials routine'. There isn't much deviation away from that.

>Do they bond with me.
Actually yes, they will. If you're the one feeding it, especially from birth, they will associate you with food. My grandmother has some ducks that roam the yard and they follow her around all the time, because they associate her with food and being their 'leader' of sorts.
>>
>>2256846

>Need multiple ducks.

I forgot that here - >>2257508

Yeah, you need multiple ducks. They're very social with each other, a duck by itself would probably be pretty unhappy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.