[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitten problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1477783278057.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477783278057.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
So the point is. I took 2 2-month-old kittens, brother and sister, to my home, and they kind of hate me... or atleast fear me alot. Much hissing etc. Also they preffer to piss on my blankets and do not recognize litter box as dump deposit. Do you guys know what drugs, plants, activities or so on use to help get my kittens tolerate me? Have you been in similar situation?
I know they might be in stress because I took them from a shelter and they might be sick also a bit, which might indicate this kind of behaviour.
TL;DR My kittens hate me. What to do?
>>
File: iStock_000008349896small.jpg (183KB, 571x379px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000008349896small.jpg
183KB, 571x379px
>>2254665
>TL;DR My kittens hate me
meanwhile in doggo-land
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7op92W7voE
>>
>>2254666
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+young+can+kittens+go+away+from+their+mom
>>
>>2254665
Put some antifreeze in their food. It works as an anti-anxiety medicine for cats.
>>
>>2254665
you can buy kitten attracting litter at the pet store. make sure you're feeding them baby kitten food. take them to a vet for a checkup. don't listen to trolls.
>>
>>2254676
You might also try "showing them" how to use the box. After you feed them, place them in the box and scratch the litter with your finger. It can help sometimes.
>>
>>2254678
When neat them they 1. flee or 2. hiss and flee.
>>
>>2254665

Sounds like you got a shit pet, IE: a cat.
>>
>>2254665
They sound feral. Keep them in one room. If they are really fucking feral, you may want to even get a dog crate or one of those pet store cat cages. They need to be confined to get used to you. Make sure to spend a lot of time with them with treats and toys. They also make cat attract which is just some powder that makes shitting in the box more attractive i guess
>>
>>2254689
So all the food and litterbox in one relatively small room? And to mingle with them I should spend time in that same room with them? Seems decent.
>>
>>2254665
Congrats. You adopted feral cats. If you are lucky, they may learn to tolerate you.
>>
>>2254665
Return them. Most shelters will take back their pets. Though I have a feeling this is made up, most people interact quite a bit with an animal before they adopt it to make sure it's friendly. Aside from my dumbass JAP friend. It's like she looks for the most traumatized, difficult cats to adopt.
>>
>>2254726
is it really 12 weeks? the shelter and the cat rescue in my city both adopt out 8 week old kittens.
>>
>>2254760
He's shitposting
>>
>>2254672
they aren't fully socialized at that age, just weaned.

>>2254696
yes. when I get a young kitten, they are completely confined to one room for their safety and security, and also so they don't fuck my shit up. buy cat treats, some toys, and the cat attract litter (I can vouch that it works).

I reccomend clicker training as well- just start by giving a treat every time you snap your fingers. eventually they'll start coming when you snap, and you can train them to do other things as well.

there's also a diffuser called feliway I think.. it helps calm cats. and absolutely bring them to the vet if you're worried they might have a health issue.

>>2254760
12 weeks is ideal, but almost nobody will hold onto them that long. that's not why these cats are scared though, I've adopted as young as 6 weeks.
>>
>>2254665
Should've found a dog.
>>
>the cat hates me

it would never like you in the first place
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.