[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder, fish can feel pain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1468779661866.jpg (988KB, 2080x1560px) Image search: [Google]
1468779661866.jpg
988KB, 2080x1560px
Daily reminder, fish can feel pain.
>>
smoked pike~
>>
>>2254330
K den
Prove it
>>
it's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings
>>
>>2254413
the animals i've trapped have all become my pets
>>
>>2254330
Sure they can but there is no reason to assume it is a comparable experience to a mammal's pain.
I don't feel like I should stop angling because fish feel pain, all animals we eat do.
>>
Please tell me you threw a pike that small back.
>>
>>2254330
I fish to feed myself and my family. It's very cheap compared to buying meat from the store. And I get to enjoy the outdoors.

I feel a tiny bit guilty sometimes but I gotta eat and I am gentle releasing fish that I'm not taking home.
>>
>>2254330
there's a difference between feeling pain and remembering it
>>
>>2254503

What is your point?
>>
>>2254330
>bugguy baiting thread
nice
>>
>>2254466
Better than supporting factory farming, if animal suffering is your concern.
>>
>>2254330
ok
>>
>>2254330
And why should I care? Call me heartless sadist, but I don't care about the pain and lives of my food
>>
>>2254330
It feels less pain when I club it upside the head than when it is ripped apart by other fish.
>>
>>2254466
>feeding your family fish from polluted waters
Top fucking kek. You deserve the cancer.
>>
>>2254330
Barely, fish have very primitive pains, their responses to pain are like what you feel when you scratch your knee.even if their fin is ripped off they wont give a shit.
>>
>>2254590
By your logic then you should never bathe from now on, you.might drown. Of course you can't leave your house either due to skin cancer from the sun, so nobody will know. Except for whoever lives with your timid ass, but they will all be dead from radon poison soon anyway, so that doesn't matter.
A fresh caught meal every now and then is not bad for you, every day might be a problem. If you haven't figured out the whole moderation thing by now then at this point you're just taking up space, and valuable oxygen.
>>
>>2254605
What the fuck are you on about? Most bodies of waters are more fucked than tap water. Those straw mans though.
>>
>>2254605
Man up. Straws mans are for children who can't argue. Get yourself a gun or bow and go hunting this season for some meat. I get enough and deep freeze it and have good meat for over 6 months.
>>
>>2254590
you don't even know where i live. i wouldn't eat a fish from a golf course pond filled with runoff, but a fish i caught off the beach is probably safe.
>>
>>2254765
>what is Mercury
>>
>>2254772
you don't know anything about fish, anon. large ocean fish that eat smaller fish accumulate mercury over a long period of time. the fish that i catch to eat are low in mercury and even eating them a few times a week won't make me sick. it's safer than eating canned tuna.

even swordfish is safe to eat once in a while but I've never caught one.
>>
File: mercury.jpg (434KB, 550x850px) Image search: [Google]
mercury.jpg
434KB, 550x850px
>>2254784
sure
>>
>>2254772
A planet, you fucking mong
>>
>>2254894
None of the fish I catch to eat are on there.
>>
>>2254910
The concept is important too. Apex predators will always have high concentratrions of shit you shouldn't be eating.
>>
>>2254902
A vehicle you even bigger mong.
>>
>>2254590
Everything can give you cancer apparently. Outside of tobacco, who actually keeps up with that shit and treats it as anything more than a joke?

Also, those old ass Japanese people and Okinawan's eat far more fish and less red meat than we do.
>>
You can stun them by hitting them in the head, and then destroy their brains with an icepick or something.
Bloody, but merciful, I guess.
>>
>>2254966
Almost all game fish in Miami's waters are apex predators. We don't worry about mercury though, unless we're fishing in the Glades, but in the ocean, we watch out for Cigutera. It's the same concept as mercury in how it accumulates up the trophic levels.
>>
File: vegeta.gif (443KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta.gif
443KB, 400x296px
>>2254330
But can they feel fear?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.