[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you make homemade cat/dog treats? Share your recipes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3008.jpg (144KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3008.jpg
144KB, 1600x900px
Do you make homemade cat/dog treats? Share your recipes.
>>
Just give them pieces of deli meats. Cats are obligate carnivores and dogs are carnivores that can eat mild non-meat foods, so baked treats aren't actually good for them.
>>
>>2254081
I love giving my dogs my homemade brownies. My vet tells me that the chocolate helps with a dog's digestion, so the more the merrier!
>>
>>2255137
Here's your (You)
>>
>>2255024
dogs are omnivores
>>
>>2254081
Yes. I trap outdoor cats and feed them to my dog.
>>
>>2254081

Sorry, I have a job.
>>
>>2255137

If you think a tray of dark chocolate brownies would be enough to cause them any harm at all, you should go read up on. Try about 50 trays of brownies, or 7 pounds of baking cocoa powder.

No dog has ever died of a chocolate overdose because it's not fucking possible, no matter what you're aunt's dorm-mate's dog did in college after eating a hershey's kiss. This is the same as that crap about the artificial sweetener in some extremely rare brands of peanut butter. The dog would have nearly 80 packets of *pure* xylitol to even begin showing symptoms.

Stop believing everything you read on facebook.
>>
Take beef liver, blend it, add a carrot and a small onion (also blended) and a little bit of garlic (one clove is enough), very little salt and pepper, mix it, add eggs and flour so that the mix is like dough in consistency (you'll need one egg and about one glass of flour for 600-700 grams of liver), mix it all. Roll it in a thin layer on a sheet pan, put in the oven for ~15 minutes (until it's baked like a very thin pie), cut into small pieces.
>>
>>2255475

No they're not. That's outdated. They're carnivores who have adjusted to eat meat. It'd take a few more millenia for them to be fully omnivorous.
>>
>>2255493
I thought garlic and onion are terrible for dogs?
>>
>>2255498
They're bad, but the amount used in the recipe won't do shit. Of course, these are treats, not regular food, so you shouldn't give a lot of this stuff to your dog.
>>
Also I forgot to mention that you should soak the liver in water to remove blood before cooking.
>>
>>2254081
I don't specifically make foods just for dogs but I regularly give them food selected from the kitchen. It's usually some bread or potato bread with scraps of deli meat or fish. With lactose tolerant dogs I'll give them some cottage cheese or other low fat cheese. As for vegetables, most dogs I know fucking love carrots.
>>
>>2255493
>giving dogs garlic and onion
>>
>inb4 antifreeze
>>
I made liver treats for the dog once, but our house stank like cooking liver for four days after, so I've never done it again. Dog liked them, but the stink. 0/10 don't recommend.
>>
>>2257024
b-but that's the secret ingredient :/ gives it a nice color too
>>
>>2257025
Yeah, it can be a problem (and I hate the smell of liver btw). That's why you use onion and garlic and also the exhaust hood and windows.

>>2256214
>thinking one small onion and one clove of garlic for 700 grams of liver can do any harm to a dog
>>
>>2257597
>garlic

You know that's toxic to dogs, yeah?
>>
>>2257634
Do you even read the posts you're answering to you goddamn retard?
>>
Tasty Dog biscuits :
* One and a half glasses of wheat flour
* Half glass of rice flour
* A pinch of MSG and Salt each
* Two teaspoons of baking powder
* A piece of boullion cube
* Margarine
* Enough water

Basically just mix them until reach the biscuit dough consistency, and bake them like usual...
>>
>>2257641
What is the salt and MSG for?
>>
>>2257638
Apparently, I didn't. Sorry about that. I was under the impression that even a small amount wasn't a good idea though.
>>
>>2257646
Dogs actually loves MSG laced "Treats" and the salt is just there to balance things out and make it tastes more like prized human foods.

Ofc, it's unhealthy if you give your dogs MSG on their primary bulk of their meal. But since this is explicitly treat and rewards, some indulgences could be added. If your dog like it too, you could also add sugar too.

That's like candy for them, unhealthy in over quantity, but fine as occasional treats.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.