[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'World's saddest' polar bear...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: 1468948570451.jpg (43KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1468948570451.jpg
43KB, 876x493px
"The 'world's saddest' polar bear is trapped in a tiny cage at a shopping mall in China"

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-china-polar-bear-20161025-snap-story.html

The burgeoning animal rights movement in China may have found a poster child in Pizza, a forlorn-looking polar bear dubbed “the world’s saddest.”

At a news conference in Beijing on Tuesday, the Humane Society International presented a letter signed by 50 Chinese animal rights groups urging Guangzhou Gov. Zhu Xiaodan to close the city’s Grandview Mall Ocean World, where Pizza is among the 500 species exhibited in a shopping center, and secure a better home for the bear.

The groups join several international organizations — the Humane Society, Care2, the Born Free Foundation and the Animals Asia Foundation — that have collected more than a million petition signatures calling for action.

In China, activists have seized on the global attention to Pizza’s plight as an opportunity to raise public awareness about animal captivity in the country, which has yet to pass animal rights laws.

“Pizza is really not the saddest polar bear in the world,” said Hu Chunmei of the Chinese Green Development and Endangered Species Fund. “He reminds us of the many captive wild animals in China that are worse off.”

I guess the story is supposed to be about the bear.

I am sharing it because it was news to me that the Chinese had any concept of animal rights whatsover.

:/
>>
>>2251453
One nuke wasn't enough. We need to finish the job.
>>
>>2251506
I agree, but when was China ever nuked? If you're talking about ww2, that was Japan...
>>
>>2251506
They were your ally during WW2.
>>
>>2251453
>50 Chinese animal rights groups
There's not 50 people in the whole god forsaken country who give a shit about animals, let alone activist groups
>>
>>2251570
This.
>>
>>2251570

Well, we should encourage them, not shame them for their past. This is hope, and we should be proud of them if its true.
>>
>>2251646
You sound like the parent of a gay son
>>
>>2251506
>americans can't even remember who they nuked

jesus h christ
>>
Animals are literally well...stupid animals. Who cares if they're trapped in a cage as long as they're amusing people?
>>
>>2251750
Careful with that edge buddy. Why exactly are you here?
>>
>>2251755
I like doggies :3
>>
>>2251745
It was obvious b8 retard
>>
>>2251569
>Implying we would ever ally with Commies
>>
>>2251517
>>2251569
It is a joke poking fun that all asians look the same, it is a very old one too.
>>
You know you are shitheads when it comes to treating animals badly.
China is below Nazi Germany in how they treat animals, in fact Nazy Germany was one of the first countries to pass animal rights law and many countries are below their standard.
>>
File: 397[1].jpg (262KB, 651x1600px) Image search: [Google]
397[1].jpg
262KB, 651x1600px
>>2251837
>>
>>2251838
>it's worse than nazi germany
>in fact nazi germany was good in this regard

you should just stop coming up with contradictory points to illustrate your common knowledge right now
>>
>>2251506

There were two atom bombs dropped on Japan, you wingnut.
>>
File: 1461929422548.png (2KB, 221x103px) Image search: [Google]
1461929422548.png
2KB, 221x103px
>>2251767
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>2251453
If a mass genocide of chinks ever happen nothing of value will be lost.

>>2251646
>not shame them for their past.

It's not their past, it is their present and future. I have a 100% certainty that if there is one race/nationality that has made more damage to the environment at least during the last 50 years those are the Chinese. The problem is that they don't seem to notice or care as the other anon pointed out.
>>
File: 1343411446147.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
1343411446147.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>2251453
>Expecting a country that has no human rights to care about animal rights.
>>
File: South Park Whale.jpg (35KB, 802x334px) Image search: [Google]
South Park Whale.jpg
35KB, 802x334px
>>2251977

I just think if someone is trying to be better, we should support and welcome them.

It doesn't make sense to me to insult people who are trying to be better. I don't know what to make of it, since I am aware of their past and it is news to me. But if it is true, they should be congratulated warmly for joining our values, not further denigrated over the very thing they want to change. Thats no way to reward good behavior.

It could be the start of something very good and I think we should be encouraging, is all. Believe me, no one is more surprised than me. I've been called a 'racist' here just for pointing out their past before. So I am very glad to see signs of progress.

They just have different values. No one wants to be thought a monster by others.

Its always puzzled me about that part of the world, because animals figure so often into their spirituality.

I guess we seem like monsters to Hindus, those who eat beef. And I get funny looks from Arabs for liking pork. Many Scandis like whale, or even horse.

I like to think we can agree that if animals must be ranched, there are ethical ways to do it. Im a big fan of ethical ranching but despise CAFOs. Likewise, I think there is room for animal exhibits, and thought Sea World's Blue World Project was a good idea, but got a lot of flak here for it. They do so much good work, and its not free.

I dont object to animal products in themselves, but do regard how they are made. My biggest problem is probably with the pet industry because it releases helpless animals into custody of people who have demonstrated no competence to care for them.

sorry for ranting

Here are some quasi related videos I like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRqi8-Y8ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA7-7igGU1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGAg58DCE0

anyways, we have ethical ranchers right here on /an/, and I am grateful for them.
>>
>>2252189
>animals figure so often into their spirituality
not really. there are a few religions over there that do, but most don't.

besides, christians have plenty of animals mentioned in their holy book. snakes, lions, sheep.
>>
>>2251453
>implying china gives a shit what westerners think of them

All we can do is cry about it
>>
>>2252202

Perhaps. I got that impression from their calendar and folklore.
>>
>>2252223
are you talking china specifically? china's a huuuge country with a fuckton of religions.
>>
>>2251453
Oh look, it's chinks being chinks. They treat each other like animals, what did you expect?
>>
File: fucking chinese.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
fucking chinese.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>>2252189
>I just think if someone is trying to be better, we should support and welcome them.

That's not the case with China, the joke about them copying whatever they see it works is not just a meme, and it doesn't only translate to those videogame knockoffs.

Look at renewvable energies, for years western countries have been developing shit, while China was not only on the same level of emissions but even managed to outclass USA.
But now they are apparentely copying strategies that have been working in Europe and developed after long periods of trial and error, while they continued growing at the cost of the enviromental and their own population's health.

Another curious thing about China (not need to mention about traditional medicine ofc) is regarding their most famous specie. While zoos worldwide have to make outstanding exhibits so the Chinese government can rent you panda specimens (yes, you read that, they RENT the pandas) there are zoos in that country where they are on concrete pavements. Also they learn about the techniches/installations used in said zoos so they can copy them later. It's as ridiculous as telling your teacher that it should pay you to be teached.

They have no utter respect for life, just look at the fish in a bag thing.
They have no respect about their surroundings, look at what drove pandas to this state and look at what happened to the Yangtse dolphin and the Three Gorges Dam.
Shit like what they do is happening less often in western countries, and when it does everyone rightfully flips their shit

They aren't trying to change, Not a single bit. China is OBJECTIVELY an environmental cancer.

>>2251988
This also sums it up perfectly.
>>
>>2251453
bump
>>
>>2251453
Why? Why is a polar bear in a cage in a mall? Does it bring in money? Are they going to eat it?
>>
>>2252189
>It doesn't make sense to me to insult people who are trying to be better.

It's to keep them down below us so we're not at the bottom.

That's always how it's been. Why do you think bullying is such a big deal?
>>
File: IMG_1007.jpg (127KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1007.jpg
127KB, 700x466px
Two nukes weren't enough for those fucking chinks
>>
>>2253499
>China a shit
>US so much better to enviro
Ahem...
>>
>>2256164
>USA or basically any western country
>Someone kills an individual of a vulnerable specie using a shady guide
>Everyone on arms against him
>Someone proposes carbon or nuclear
>Everyone goes at their throats

>China
>People buy rhino horns, pangolin scales and tiger dicks
>No one says anything
>They pollute their own citizens with clouds of nitrogen oxides
>They just go with masks, no big deal.

Overall China generates more ecological problems than the West, partly because unlike in the former, people have started to demand solutions and alternatives (sometimes, tho).
BTW I'm not even American.But the same way everyone points out the problems with USA, everyone should do it with the Chinese as well.

Also, seeing the ecological footprint of the Arab States, the Muslim ones while we are it.
>>
>>2256144
>average western family

CPC shill detected
>>
>>2256111
>doesnt know the difference between japanese and chinese
american education, everyone.
>>
>>2251839
I don't think that's the case here but it may be for you considering you took anon's bait.
>>
File: 1476922871503.jpg (27KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
1476922871503.jpg
27KB, 281x350px
>>2251916
>shamelessly taking obvious bait
>>
We should have just let Japan genocide chinks, honestly. Mongolians can live, but the rest of the chinks should've just been killed off. I don't know why Japan got so much shit for not treating them like people when their own fucking "people" don't treat them like people.

The only good Chinaman is a vapourised Chinaman.
>>
>>2257232
Japan is responsible for those dolphin massacres and they are stockpilling red tuna.
Still, they do way less damage.
>>
>>2256223
I still fail to understand why no one calls out the Chinks for their hand in driving animals to extinction. Everyone knows whose responsible yet won't say anything because "muh cultural difference".

Grow a pair. Stop being so yellow about the yellow.
>>
>>2257689
Highly industrialized countries cause the most ecological damage, and most of China is not highly industrialized. It's much easier to villify them because they play a much more direct role in endangering species, though, and I don't know a single person, ever, who has defended anyone hunting endangered species on the basis of "muh cultural difference," but conjure up whatever you need to to justify hating on the Orient or whatever.
>>
>>2256164
Whoever wrote this up has never seen the slums of India. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
>>
>>2251745
but its spelled with an eye!
>>
>>2256144
my local subway has rats.

do you not want cats, ms. plont?

because no cats is how we get rats.
>>
>>2256144
>meanwhile the average western family has an outdoor cat that rampages the ecosystem.
Your mother also rampages the ecosystem and should have prevented you from being born.
>>
>>2257922
>and most of China is not highly industrialized.
Brazil is not highly industrialized either and look what they are doing to the biggest rainforest in existance. And I'd consider it a huge ecological blow.

>It's much easier to villify them because they play a much more direct role in endangering species
>I don't know a single person, ever, who has defended anyone hunting endangered species on the basis of "muh cultural difference,"
I've never seen anyone pointing out the elephant in the room on that issue outside of /an/, people with zoology related studies or some news comments. Sure they won't defend it but they don't seem to aknowledge it. Same or worse with halal meat for instance (as they even defend it).

>conjure up whatever you need to to justify hating on the Orient or whatever.
Do I have to make a list of what have the Chinese done for the environment the last 20 years to show you that it's not just blind hatred or whatever you are thinking?

>>2257980
Are you sure you didn't go to the designated streets?
>>
>>2258026
inb4 I want to eat next to piles of poison
>>
>>2251453
>Yeah but he's not THE saddest animal, so it's ok!
>Mainlanders
>>2251569
>confusing PROC with ROC
"no"
>>
>>2257922
>Highly industrialized countries cause the most ecological damage, and most of China is not highly industrialized.
Desu let's not have some kind of damage olympics. Even some low industrial countries can be really damaging to the environment.

Consider Madagascar and Haiti as examples.
>>
>>2251750
(you) are a stupid animal
>>
>>2257922
>I don't know a single person, ever, who has defended anyone hunting endangered species on the basis of "muh cultural difference,"
Aboriginal Australians are excluded by law from certain protections of endangered animals.

The self-destructive politics of retarded leftists know no bounds.
>>
File: 7_11.jpg (54KB, 620x376px) Image search: [Google]
7_11.jpg
54KB, 620x376px
>>2257922
>conjure up whatever you need to to justify hating on the Orient or whatever.
That's the problem you stupid smug cunt. Nothing needs to be "conjured."
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.