[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human-animal bonding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: love.jpg (74KB, 496x494px) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
74KB, 496x494px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNutL24MGNA

What are the best ways for human owners to bond with their pet animals?
>>
As far as dogs go?
>Establish that you are the one calling shots
>bite their ear, hold them down, make sure youre communication is physical at first
>command respect and they will sooner rather than later come to love you
>make sure they know their name and that you gave it to them
>spend time with them

Dogs are simply emotional and physical beings, basically human 3 year olds that can rough house
>>
>>2251382

Simply know the animal. Know their behavior. There are books that explain why cats (for example) behave the way they do. You learn then, and mimmick them.

For example, when a cat looks at you, slowly closes it's eyes and turns away, it is saying "I see you, I know you see me, but I don't want to start a fight with you, and I trust you not to attack me." ... you look away immediately. If you try to pet or pick up the cat right after that, you are engaging it. Sound stupid? Here comes part two:

Cats do not want to be approached or engaged. You do not pet them, look at them, or talk to them unless they initiate it. Don't pick them or pet them up unless they're rubbing against you or looking into your eyes. Don't stare them down from across the room. Do not hold them in any way where they would feel escape is not easy and instant (basically, let them rest on your arms, don't hold them tight). They are solitary creatures and untrusting by nature. You alway, always wait for them to initiate some form of communication. If you don't, that is how you end up with cats that get pissed off when you pick them up, or cats that avoid 1 member of the family more than another.

You'll find all this in a book about cat behavior. You follow a few simple rules, and you get a very strong bond.

I am actually a dog person, but you can't start a post about dog behavior without starting a riot, so I chose cats as an example.

Pic is my complacent, overly-trusting cat.
>>
>>2251396

This is good advice generally, except I guess the ear biting is just for dogs. I'm pretty sure if I did that to a person, it would be illegal.

Not to say it wouldn't be equally effective though.

Language confuses us. It makes us forget that interaction with people is still the act of interfacing with a large ape. The expectation that it understands or will respond favorably is very highly over-estimated.

I am reminded of the old question "Is it better to be feared or loved?". The answer is obvious. What is uniquely a product of humans is that it remains a question, however ridiculous.

We definitely are an odd sort.
>>
>>2251467
>Cats do not want to be approached or engaged. You do not pet them, look at them, or talk to them

fuck. Can't humans domesticate cats even more to make them more loving? Even as pets they seem very "distant"
>>
>>2251497

You're overthinking it. Cats can be extremely affectionate ... just on their terms. A bit "tsundere." You can use this to your advantage.

The more you show a cat that you have no intention of restraining them or engaging them against their wishes, the more likely they will come lay at your side/in your lap, rub on your legs, or generally spend time near you instead of in the window. Cats do like humans. They like to be petted. But only after they trust you, and that's fine, because it's not hard to build up their trust. Even if a cat hates you, it will take less than a year to reach 100% trust if you follow their rules.
>>
>>2251467
Pretty sure this only applies to cats that are not your pets/cats you see for the first time.
>>
>>2251507

Anecdotally, my cat will change how she treats me about every 6 months. Full disclosure, I don't like cats. This is my wife's cat. So I tend to ignore the cat naturally which jives perfectly with friendly cat communication.

Sometimes she annoys the piss out of me. Like diving into rooms as I'm about to close the door (so I can't leave it closed), throwing up all over my stuff, walking on my head at night, being a general pain in my ass. So I start to removing her from rooms and stop petting her. She will in turn stop trying to lay in my lap.

Then I'll move her litter box and make a better arrangement so I don't have to keep kicking her out of rooms and stuff, and then I she starts coming back my way again. After a few months, she's sleeping in my lap again.

Long story short, MY cat is pretty forgetful. Or forgiving. Either way, it just takes a few months.
>>
>>2251510
>i dont like cats
Seriously, kill yourself.
>>
>>2251523
>being this triggered

If you like cats, /an/ isn't the board for you.
>>
>>2251523
>>2251524
All memeing aside, I think we can all agree that dogs are objectively better as pets. Maybe not necessarily as animals, but as pets, companions. Since dogs can do so much more.
>>
>>2251526
Pets? No not really.
It's subjectivity, and either can be preferred.
t. dog owner
>>
>>2251382
I really, really enjoyed that video
>>
>>2251542
Cats are pets because they are cute. Dogs are also cute. Dogs can perform many jobs, cats don't. Dogs offer so much more and can do anything cats can. They're objectively better as pets to humans.
>>
>>2251396
Try that shit with Rottweiler, it will do you like a cat.
>>
>>2251553
Already have buddy and if it ever tried i would knock his shit in and hed get the picture.

One hard slap, a bite to the ear, and a loose choke while on his back.

Thats all any dog needs to realize whos in charge.
>>
>>2251396
first post worst post

horrible advice
>>
>>2251572
Care to elaborate catfag?
>>
>>2251620
it's idiotic

like you
>>
>>2251526
>pets
no
>companions
no
>unpaid workers
yes

A dog is only a better choice if you need a working dog. Otherwise it's a bigger drain on time and money than a cat, and nothing more than one in terms of petting/playing/whatever.
>>
Between posts like this I'm almost positive most people on /an/ don't even own animals.
>>2251396
First off you sound like you're a very small person, both in physical stature and in confidence. Dogs don't respond well to physical abuse you dumb cocksucker, they respond to curt commands that involve repetition and deprivation. If a dog is on a walk with you, you say "Name Sit" and if they don't sit you turn around, eventually they learn that if they don't respond they lose their privileges. That's why you can't give a dog a name like Charlotte or Fluffy, because they have no percussive sounds, the dog has nothing to latch onto to realize it's name when it's young. You seem weak, and that's okay and there's nothing you can probably do about that if you're a dog beater, so you best bet is to fake some confidence, let the dog know that you're in charge.
>make sure your communication is physical at first
lmao, you sound like you're a pit breeding nigger. I've raised dogs for 8 years now and broken my mom's awful fucking doodle and my grandmothers awful fucking pit mutt and never once have a laid a hand on those dogs, because if you have confidence and a strong work ethic and can actually put the time and effort into training a dog you don't need to beat it to have a pet, you can raise it to be a companion. My dog could run circles around any shit fuckign mutts you own.
>>2251467
If you raise a kitten correctly you never worry about any of this shit because you've established trust since birth.
>Cats do not want to be approached or engaged
That's probably the worst "advice" i've ever seen, outside maybe this dumbshit dog beaters rules of dog ownership. Cat's adore attention, but again they require confidence, and a good pattern of socialization. And don't let them outside for the love of god. I don't like cats anywhere near as much as I love dogs, and I don't own any currently but I've had many throughout my life, and I can safely say your advice is bullshit.
>>
File: 1453601288612.png (246KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1453601288612.png
246KB, 540x540px
>>2251382
damn I heard the pop when dogger bit down on its skull sounded like a walnut cracking
>>
>>2251382
OP pic seems like the best way to catch toxoplasmosis.
>>
>>2251382
Keep up the good work.
>>
>>2251396

oh god i hope this guy never has kids
>>
>>2251382

FAG OP
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.