[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Pitbulls be exterminated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 13

File: 1477461932838.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477461932838.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Should Pitbulls be exterminated?
>>
in my country and state you needed a license to keep pits and other fighting breeds before 2016

you needed to do a test, a psychological test, no criminal records, a special insurance
your house and yard got inspected
dogs needed to wear a blue collar and leash and a muzzle after an age of 6 months

now in 2016 you are allowed to keep every breed without restrictions because there are only good dogs and bad owners
>>
>>2251325
Nah, but their negro owners should be, yes.
>>
>>2251325
Look how these sub dogs are having fun mauling that guy, waving their tails, and they try to play with the police men before going back to mauling the guy despite their owner trying to stop them
>>
>>2251325
>The dogs start dragging him away
Kek.
Also why the fuck did that guy with the kid not leave that area immediately? Why would you let a small child be anywhere near dogs that are in the process of killing someone?
>>
No.

Should be required to have a liscense or something to own though like any other dangerous animal (exotics).

It doesn't make sense to exterminate or even ban a domesticated animal when it's OK to own a wild animal (with permit).

I have had pit bulls (yes, the umbrella term as they were always rescues so true "breed" could not be determined) and they are not for everyone.
>>
>>2251455
Classic example of irresponsible parenting which goes hand in hand in most cases with irresponsible dog ownership. Most kids get mauled because for some reason, parents think it's ok to leave a defenseless child with an animal, especially pits because "nanny dog". Anyone who would leave any child alone with a 60+ lb dog should not have kids or dogs. Even a chihuahua can maul a baby if left alone with it.
>>
>>2251325
>Should Pitbulls be exterminated?

no, just spayed & neutered and handled and kept responsibly
>>
>>2251325

I know they are powerful little animals. But I dont understand why those people act so defenseless.

They are just animals, and mindset matters to them too. If you act scared, they naturally aggress. I've tangled with German sheperds and the *last* thing you should do is show a lack of confidence. You have to do more than defend yourself because the animal will still feel like he is setting the terms of the engagement. You have to go on offense and be unpredictable. Its the only way to change their understanding of the situation.

Im not saying I would win the fight against two pitbulls, but the reaction of those people just seems absurdly self defeating to me.
>>
>>2251494
I'm glad you posted this.

Now children and older people would probably have trouble, but in OPs clip, there are enough adults there that could have subdued the dogs.

I guess it was a heat of the moment thing. Not many people would jump into the fray of a dog attack, especially with more than one dog.

I have never had to intervene in a dog attacking a person, but I have broken up dog fights before.
>>
>>2251494
>>2251502
Are Pitbulls really all that strong anyway? Is an average man going to lose to an average Pitbull (American pitbull terrier, not bulldog or bully because those are weaker).

I mean if a pitbull bites you, it might hurt a lot, but you're not just gonna stay in that one spot and let yourself get eaten. As long as you can move to somewhere safe, you'll still live. Pitbulls aren't an instant death. You'd just get your bodyparts bleeding I think.

I'm planning to get a pitbull and readying myself. I'm working out so I can punch my dog if he ever goes berserk.
>>
>>2251494
Seriously. I love dogs as much as the next guy but for come on. They aren't even swinging. Dogs are tougher than you'd think but a kick in the ribs is a kick in the ribs.
>>
>>2251494
Those dogs are not APBTs. I know the owner said they were pit bulls, but that's a broad term, and she may not have known the breed or lied to not discriminate the breed. APBTs don't weigh much more than 45lbs. If you saw the other pictures of these dogs, they look just like Dogo Argentinos. Dogos are fucking giant compared to you APBT/AmStaff/StaffBull. I could see someone having a hard time with a dog often weighing 80lbs or more.
>>
>>2251505
They are powerful, but really, if you accept that you will be bit, it's not that hard to overpower a pit. It's their stamina, or "the fight in the dog" that is dangerous.

A neighbors pit got into my yard and attacked one of mine. I had to pry the attacking dog off of mine with my hands (didn't stop to think of grabbing a stick or something). I'm sure adrenaline helped, but I was able to open the dogs mouth enough to allow my dog to get away. The attacker tried to get my dog again, but I had put all my weight on him to push him to the ground and pin his head with my knee. He never tried to bite me, but he continued to thrash and struggle. Mind you, I weigh maybe 115lbs so an average man could definitely do what I did.

Yes, my hands got a little bruised from prying the dogs mouth open, and I got scratched up from him trying to push me off while I had him on the ground, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

I will add this: if my brother hadn't heard the commotion, I would've been stuck on that dog for a long time. That's why it's the stamina that's dangerous. If I would've gotten off the dog, even to grab a leash to control it, it would've tried to attack again.
>>
>>2251583
>I weigh 115 lbs.

But yeah you were lucky because you didn't get bit. If you got bit, that would result in fractures, panic, and blood loss. If the pit doesn't let you escape, it's death. I saw footage of people straight up shooting pitbulls and the dogs didnt give a fuck
>>
This is why I'm against no-leash walking in public spaces, especially for large dogs. Control your dog or leave it at home.
>>
>>2251613
The lady that owned the two dogs supposedly sic'd the dogs on the man. They were having an argument or some shit. So they were on leashes, until the lady decided she wanted that man dead.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pit-bulls-attack-man-bronx-graphic-video-shows-article-1.2358056
>>
>>2251592
I know I was very lucky. Just as you pointed out, I was not the target. My point was that I am small and was still able to get him off of the target. Pits are strong dogs, but people make it seem impossible to restrain them with brute force. In OPs video, there were enough people there to subdue the dogs instead of letting them drag that guy around.

>>2251596
Then why are you here? Seriously though, how does weight indicate age?
>>
>>2251625

gg ya dumb fucking druggie cunt. One more irresponsible, stupid, shitty owner fucking the world up for everyone else.
>>
I thought no and then I got attacked by a random ass pitbull that ran out of a random ass house so fuck those dogs
>>
I'm lucky the only pitbull that tried to attack me had fucked up teeth which broke off on my leg bone and inflicted no damage, still had to get rabies tests and shit
>>
>>2251325

>teaching them to attack on command
>unleashing them to attack an old man
>old man himself owns a pit bull that wasn't even with him

The dogs clearly weren't the problem here. I feel like a bullet for the owner might be more appropriate in this case.
>>
Their genes should be bred out of existence.
>>
>>2251651
They keep going around raping perfectly good dogs like labs, golden retrievers etc and creating these pit mutts and ruining perfectly good dogs
>>
>>2251325
>>2251494
>>2251505
>>2251583
>>2251639
>>2251640

>people itt thinking they were pit bulls
>pic related
Unless you're all using the broad term that literally means any dog, the dogs in that video were Dogos. Pit bull should be saved for referencing Pit Bull type breeds.

>>2251378
>>2251473
Those dogs were actually well trained and doing what they were told to do. That's how attack dogs are trained; it's a game to them. They get rewards and praise for doing it to men in dog suits, so they become very ecstatic to do it. At the start, you can see the one dog did the classic jump take down where they jump up to take the arm, and he gets dragged down. Look how even when they have a spot to go at the legs, they don't stay there; they simply move around to the arms. That's what attack dogs do, hence the dragging, because both dogs managed to get a good hold on an arm (where they were praised to go for and hold) and would latch on, and rip and tear, which they would also get rewards for. They were honestly very well trained guard dogs in the hands of a batshit insane woman.
>>
>>2251662

That's exactly what I was thinking. Classic takedown and holding method.

This woman should be shot for using her dogs like this. Not only are they going to be exterminated for her irresponsibility, but this man has severe injuries amd could have been killed.
>>
>>2251583
Same thing happened to me, but instead of trying to attack again the pit just ran.

I was a scrawny 14 y.o at the time but I was able to get off my dog. Fucked my dog's leg up but he healed fine.
>>
>>2251370
Pit bulls are violent by nature. It's what they were bred for
>>
>>2251325
pitBULLs are meant to be bred white boi, as the yellow lab looks on in envy
>>
>>2251325
No, people who buy them should be -- they don't ask to be born mentally defective and aggressive, cut off the demand for breeders.
>>
>>2251835
I didn't know you people knew about 4chan, well.. You're wrong anyways, Jamal
>>
In my city they get euthanized immediately if they turn up at the animal shelter, but they are not illegal.
I have a few stories about being attacked by pit bulls, if y'all innerested.
>>
>>2251662
Ya those were very obviously trained attack dogs. That women should be put in jail for attempted murder and the breeder that she got the dogs from thrown in jail as well. If you are breeding a large dog like that that you know most people are going to use for guard dogs, you need to fucking check up on the dogs once in a while and make sure the person you sold them to isn't shit.

Then again, if those dogs were trained that well to attack humans like that and do it with a simple command, who knows how far that bitch went to get them. Maybe she straight out lied to the breeder and got friends to be her references.
>>
>>2252281
>euthanized immediately

What? That doesn't make much sense, what if someone's dog managed to run out of the house or something, but has a good owner who is out looking for them.
>>
>>2251325
Yes, along with all small dogs and 'out door' cats.
>>
>>2252285
It's pretty much immediate. Some workers at the shelter will call rescue groups, but most don't.
For instance: I had a friend who was driving with a warrant for not paying a ticket or something equally trivial. She had her pit bull with her when she was pulled over. She was in jail for a little over 24 hours and when she got out her dog had been euthanized.
At least she didn't have to pay her parking ticket, though. Got off with time served.
>>
>>2252321
>Warrant for not paying a ticket

Ok, now I'm calling bullshit unless you live in some fucked up state. I have a speeding ticket from three years ago and all they've done is send me one piece of mail saying the fine increased slightly.
>>
>>2252285
That does make sense and its a beautiful policy to protect potential adopters and other dogs
>>
>>2251325
no that's what they're supposed to do
>>
>>2252338
How exactly? I mean, a three day rule for a high kill shelter I could understand, but twenty four fucking hours? Are you kidding me? I would sue that fucking place.

What if you had to leave for an emergency situation and your dog someone got out, and you couldn't get family over to check on the house for twenty four hours? Would you just come back in two days to your dog being fucking dead? That's absolute shit and needs to have a three day limit at least.

Even our highest kill rate shelter around here gives a week.
>>
I worked dispatch here for three years and the unofficial rule for police was to shoot any of the dogs on the vicious animals list at any sign of trouble. The owners had no legal recourse since they're legally liable for anything by owning them. Technically they could even be sent the bill.
>>
Make it illegal to breed or own a pitbull capable of reproducing. once all pit bulls have died no one will miss them.
>>
>>2252387
I was under the impression that they had to shoot any dog that was showing trouble, not just the dangerous list. The only exception to that I would think would be dogs under 40 pounds (like jack russels and smaller).

That's why I never let my dog out when I hear her bark before I check to see who it is. We had some cops show up in the middle of the night looking for someone on the run. They thought he was on our property (which is slightly out of town with nearby woods), and they had been sneaking around because they didn't want to alert him of their presence. Well, my dog freaked and once we learned who it was, I told my boyfriend to wait to open the door for them so I could lock the dog in the room.

They appreciated it, and I appreciated that they let me take that moment to put her away.
>>
>>2251325
Idk but if I had a gun I would have put them both down and I love dogs and don't like killing things
>>
File: 1448056465568.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1448056465568.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>>2251325
>dogo argentino
>pitbull
You guys are getting a bit desperate
>>
>>2251325

Cool, it's this thread again. I was just thinking I hadn't seen one in 2 hours.
>>
>>2251325

You can tell just from looking at the owner, what he's wearing, and how he's trying to communicate with the dogs that he is a shit owner and this movie only further enforces the fact that the problem is the owners, not the dogs.
>>
>>2251770
Wtf, lol no they weren't. You've either met close to no pitbulls or have only met fighting pits. All of my friends own pits (including me) and all the customers at my work (vet hospital) who own pits have been kind and gentle, some are even cowerdly. I have only met 1 or 2 pits that were cruel or mean, and they were old and had been abused their whole life. So thats about 2 to 5 out of akmost 120 pits that has been cruel.
>>
>>2251583
>if you accept that you will be bit, it's not that hard to overpower a pit.

This goes the same for all animals. Snakes, for example. If you think about how much damage a snake bite actually does, it's like "Why was I scared of that?" Also, they never bite, but that's another story. Wasps and bees as well. If you accept you're probably gonna get stung and just deal with it, you'll notice it's literally just an instant sting unless a wasp gets stuck in your panties, then that will ruin your day.

The most damage from animals comes from your fear of not being in control. If you accept that you can't stop it, then you can start countering it and it gives you a pretty big confidence boost to just shrug off the little shits. 95% of the time nothing will happen at all. You won't get stung or bitten, and you won't look like a faggot screaming for your life at an insect.
>>
>>2252453

Only 3% of the pit bulls were ever used for fighting in their day. Think about how much of the current population comes from that 3%.
>>
>>2251370
In my opinion just making sure the people have had previous dogs on a long-term basis, adequate space and time would solve a lot of problems.

Seriously why the fuck are half the dogs in any given shelter pit bulls? There's something more than just bad owners afoot here.
>>
>>2252462
bad breeding and they are very popular among human trash like niggers and other criminals
>>
File: Corbis-AAED003358.jpg (67KB, 640x246px) Image search: [Google]
Corbis-AAED003358.jpg
67KB, 640x246px
>>2251325
Those dogs aren't even pits though. Look up dogo argentinos. Real bulldogs are not aggressive to humans without a good reason. Ones that are should be shot. Even with a reason a properly bred pitty might act like a pussy. There was a reason some old dogfighters used to get other breeds to guard the pit bulls from dog thieves. I guess that went away in the 80s when every puppy peddler thought they could make a buck by selling the newfound evil dogs to the dregs of humanity. It's a shame One of the first breeds in America and anti pitbull people don't even know their history.
>>
>>2252467
Hating pitbulls is just classic libcuck logic. They view them the same as guns. Guns and pitbulls are American, but sometimes they hurt people, so we must ban them cuz MUH NANNY STATE.

Get fucked.
>>
>>2252492
Idk. It would seem to me libs are the first to defend them, in the same way they defend niggers. Though rarely do I encounter anyone, left or right, who wants to "ban" them, whatever that would entail.
>>
>>2251325
The difference in the threshold prompting aggressive behavior is influenced by both environmental and genetic factors.

>genetic factors
>source: humanesociety.org
>>
>>2252495
Well, looknat all the cities in the US that attempt to "ban" them through BSL and tell me there isnt a correlation.
>>
>>2251665
This, just an incredibly sad and infuriating situation.
>>
File: pitbull1.jpg (56KB, 468x372px) Image search: [Google]
pitbull1.jpg
56KB, 468x372px
>>2251505
>Are Pitbulls really all that strong anyway?

I've "played" with one pitbull like I would play with a normal dog which was very unsettling. People often claim they have some sort of magic jaw-lock and I have to agree it certainly felt that way, even if it's not technically true. Play time turned into scary time. I really had to kick and beat it to get it to fuck off biting my arm.

It's a dog on my very short list of animals to avoid interacting with. Others might be hyenas and mountain lions.

And I'm not pro-pitbull destruction. Just pro-responsible owners.
>>
>>2252505
They are literally head strong. I saw a woman being dragged around by one in a discount feed store and it was literally like a dog/food/heat seeking missile of neck muscles low to the ground dragging her around to which aisles IT wanted to go to. Not her. She almost lurched over and fell over on her face from it suddenly stopping to sniff something at the checkout till. Inertia I think it's called.
>>
>>2251325
What would you rather get into a fight with: a pitbull or a german shepherd?
>>
>>2254651
German Shepherd

They would never hurt a fly, so a "fight" with one wouldnt be much of anything
>>
File: Lutherlay.jpg (797KB, 1884x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Lutherlay.jpg
797KB, 1884x1497px
>>2254651
>german shepherd

These range in size from godzilla size to dog size. One of the few dogs that ever scared me.

I'd do
small shepherd>pitbull>huge shepherd
>>
>>2254651
Pitbull. Smaller, weighs less. Plus it's less likely to attack me in the first place. The german shepherds around here are all neurotic af.
>>
>>2254656
Idk what you're talking about if you had a really good bond with a big gshep like that it could even substitute as a boyfriend
>>
>>2254652
>German shephards would never hurt a fly
Have you not heard of the holocaust
>>
The fucks so bad about male cattle in a wide shallow hole?
>>
>>2252467
>>2252492
I am not against Pittbulls but there should be a license to own them that is earned by a written test, training seminars and a mental health check.

Make them a real pain in the ass to get a hold of legally so only people who are capable of looking after them will bother to get them.
Enforce the shit out of the law too so if someone is found with no license and owns one of the dogs they will be fined 1000 dollars and have the dog confiscated.

I think the same shit should apply to all dogs and children too.
>>
>>2251325
No but every pit bull that was used as a fighting dog or is a direct descendant of dogs who were used in a dog fight, should be put down automaticaly.
>>
>>2254652
lol
when i was growing up they were the "dangerous dog"
only ever been bitten by gsd too
>>
File: 70.jpg (17KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
70.jpg
17KB, 268x265px
>>2251325
>All those niggers and police
>Didn't just shoot the dogs and end it right there
I know one of those fuckers were carrying a gun.
>>
>>2254652
My aunt used to live in a semi-detatched house out in the hills, and between her and her neighbor, they had 3 of them (and a dachshund). I used to play with them, and while I was never really bitten, I was a bit roughed up, and if they were serious, they would have easily ripped me up as a kid. Also, they moved in sync like a real pack and hunted the shit out of small critters all around the area. Sometimes they also killed the neighbor's cat, once I found literally half a cat in backyard.
>>
File: iknowyouarebutwhatami.jpg (24KB, 375x377px) Image search: [Google]
iknowyouarebutwhatami.jpg
24KB, 375x377px
>>2251633
>Then why are you here?
awesome comeback
>>
>>2254850
Came here to say something similar. No one had a gun? Put those stupid fucking animals down.
>>
>medium size breed
>able to maul you

lmao
an average joe weights 10 times a fucking bit pull
if you kick it's head you might kill it instantly
>>
I really don't understand why such animals should be alive, the world could live one without them and would even be a better place.

Why have something you don't need ?
Waste of space, air and energy.

Same can be said about 90% of the posters in this thread.
>>
Seems like the dogs have more power than the humans.
>>
I got attacked by a pitbull once. It sucked but I'm glad I was wearing a motorcycle jacket at the time. As it was, I still have scars from the dog's teeth getting through the leather enough. Fucking asshole owner was laughing at me while his dog was shaking my arm until I pulled out a boxcutter and started going for the dog's throat.
>>
>>2256937
Was the owner a ghetto person or a nigger? Also, did you kill that nigger dog?
>>
>>2251583
You're an idiot for not killing it.
>>
>>2256940
Actually it was some guido from Queens. As for the dog, I like to think it's dead because a tracheotomy unattended would lead to suffocation I would think unless emergency attention was given. That said, I still like and hang out with pitbulls and bull terriers, but I always make sure that's only when I know their owners, and said owners aren't mentally deficient people.
>>
>>2256948
So what ended up happening? You don't just start an epic story of you dethroating a nigger dog and fighting a guido without continuing the story.
>>
>>2256958
The end is the guido was hunched over his panicking deathmachine and I booked out of there before the cops could get a hold of me. Knowing my luck they would've arrested me for cruelty to animals or some shit. Made it to a nearby hospital and got checked out for rabies, tetanus and what ever else, which were all clean. then I left Queens never to return. Fuck that shithole. The end! [spoiler]Also still have that boxcutter and take it with me everywhere.[/spoiler]
>>
>>2251625
I have noticed black people like to make pitbulls attack people.
>>
>>2254656
You're a big dog
>>
>>2252323
The warrant wouldn't be for not paying the ticket, the warrant would be for failure to be in court (the ticket has an order to appear or pay the fine written on it), which is, in fact, a jailable offense in most states, even if it's for something retarded.
>>
>>2252455

I've been around wasps a decent amount since they're other bug killers and I'm okay with that, but one got in my shirt (I think) whilst I was outside smoking and later when I went into the kitchen it either bit me or stung me. At first I had no idea because, like I said, I was in the kitchen. I didn't know what was happening besides pain so I think that increased the slight panic I had. I was swearing and punching my side.

It's weird because my (now gone) dog and I would watch wasps and that a lot of the time when we were outside and never had anything happen. Once one was on a planter pot outside and was just relaxing and my dog went up to it and started sniffing it and nosing it and the wasp didn't even care.

Also saw a wasp try to drag something over the deck and then give up after a while because it was either bored or it was too heavy. It was very interesting. Wasps are weird.
>>
>>2251625
That's not what the article says...

The only info about the owner was that she was an older lady who couldn't hold on to their leashes...
>>
>>2257243
>"Those dogs were trained to fight"
>"the dogs’ owner, Cynthia Oliver, ordered the dogs to attack after an argument"
Are you incapable of reading?
>>
>>2257243
Can you not read or are you just a lying piece of shit? I'm going to assume the latter because fuck you.

"Police said the dogs’ owner, Cynthia Oliver, ordered the dogs to attack after an argument, but Bove, an Italian immigrant, said he never talked to the woman."
>>
>>2256961
Did it immediately stop biting you when you stabbed its neck?
>>
>>2257260
Yep. It seems that, when the air is cut off to an attacking pit bull, their biting takes a back seat to them trying to live.
>>
>>2251325
> Pitbulls should be exterminated

Mfw chiwawas have a lower aggression tolerance than pitbulls. Pitbulls aren't aggressive dogs, it's how you raise them that gives them their behavior
>>
>>2251325

WOOOOOOOOOOORLD STAR
>>
Ban backyard breeding and introduce a dog license which is not obtainable by people with a ciminal record (this also pretty much eliminates niggers from dog ownership: two birds with one stone) and the pit bull problem (or any dog problem for that matter) will be solved.
>>
File: 1465971650811.jpg (45KB, 636x475px) Image search: [Google]
1465971650811.jpg
45KB, 636x475px
>>2257365
Yes because that stopped niggers from getting guns.
Hell that stopped all criminals from obtaining guns right?
Shieeeeeeeet I bet that method is so effective it could stop terrorist attacks right?
Oh wait it does fuck all and only extends the problem. Genocide is the only solution. Dogs are fucking useless and can be replaced by a fucking weapon of all things.
>>
>>2257373
You can hide a gun but you can´t hide a dog that easy. If a cop encounters someone he can check is license and if he doesn´t have one the cop can confiscate the dog right away.
>>
>>2257365
why not require all dogs to go to school?
>>
>>2257373
Same point was made when opium, amphetamines and heroin were legal and widely consumed, and now it's fringe.
Plus, yurup. Gun related crime's extremely low, and here it mostly concerns criminal on criminal violence.
>>
>pit bull are ppl 2
>eats pork
Tfw
>>
>>2257377
Yes because cops are going to be thrilled about the prospect of stopping every person they see with a dog and demanding a license.

And then the courts are going to be bogged down by "my dog got confiscated but I left my license at home".

Do you have any ideal of what kind of logistical nightmare enforcing a dog license would be?
>>
>>2257451
What do cops do when a person forgets to bring their ID to a restaurant it's at home so doesn't order a drink, but a family member orders drink for him
>>
>>2257472
Actually, if you don't have your ID and you're drinking, if a cop comes by, you and the bartender/establishment receives a fine (about $4,000 and this is in Texas, not sure about other states/countries). When I was bar tending, they (can't remember the associations name) would come in, obviously over 21, and if they were served a drink without being IDd- fine for establishment/bartender. If they came in asking for drinkers' IDs, if anyone was found drinking even though they looked over 21 and "left their ID at home", they were cut off and everybody fined.

Don't remember the point I was trying to make... But there ya go.
>>
>>2252270
I hope you don't think he's anything but white. If you do, you're retarded.
>>
>>2257477
Same should go for dogs then
>>
>>2257488
Not disagreeing with you. I personally think license would be better than a breed ban. After all, you can own a tiger if you have a permit. I assume it would be regulated the same for "power breeds" as exotics.
>>
>>2252492
yeah but a gun won't jump the fence and maul a child who was minding their own business. A pitbull will.
Their fucking shit dogs owned by shit people. Even the people who claim that they're harmless if you raise them right are shit people because no one in their right mind would want one. The only logical reason for wanting a pitbull is because of their reputation or because you want people to think you're special for being able to raise a good one despite their reputation.

Want a guard dog, get a german shephard, want a dog that is good with kids get a lab, want a strong dog with lots of energy and attitude get a blue heeler.
>>
>>2251325
Probably, they're basically the dog equivalent of Islam.
>"Pitbulls are innocent little babies!"
>Pitbull rips a toddler's face off
>"N-Not all pitbulls are like that!"
>>
>Hurr its the trainer not the dog
If the dog breed can easily be trained to become a killing machine then genetically its meant for fighting thus an aggressive dog breed.

Pitbull owners are edgelords.
>>
>>2257525
Any dog can be trained to fight. Especially fight people.

Dog owners in general are all edgelords.
>>
Of course, They should be slaughtered and sold to the chinese.
>>
>>2252384
If your dog escapes your house you're liable. Don't be a bitch and blame others for your mistakes. It could just as easily have gotten hit by a fucking truck or something stupid.
>>
>>2257336
Ok, but they aren't as dangerous r-tard

You can talk about "muh aggression" but at the end of the day shitbulls maul the most
>>
>>2257412
>heroin
>fringe
>>
>>2257373
Imagine this discussion a hundred years ago when the car was invented:

"Nah we can´t introduce a driver´s licence, nigger´s will drive without it anyways"
>>
>>2257451
Do cops stop every person they see with a car and check the driver´s licence? What happens if someone forgot it at home?
>>
File: 20160702_203142.jpg (3MB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20160702_203142.jpg
3MB, 2896x2896px
>>2252492
>>
>>2257336

But a chihuahua can't rip your throat out.
>>
What is the purpose of the Pit Bull breeds? What were they designed for? Why do they have such a high streak of fatalities on humans compared to most any other dog breeds?
>>
>>2258711
for retards to pretend theyre tough because they own a feral animal.
>>
>>2258711
It's for retards to pretend they're tough because they say they can kill a pet
>>
File: microexpressions_fear.png (119KB, 472x302px) Image search: [Google]
microexpressions_fear.png
119KB, 472x302px
>>2251325
I'm terrified by how they, even as help arrives, try to find the gaps between the other people in order to keep attacking the first guy.
>>
>>2258711
They make great heating pads as they have a very short coat, one sleeps by my head and the other has slept between my legs almost every night for the past 10 years

They're good pups
>>
File: pitbull_low.jpg (69KB, 584x696px) Image search: [Google]
pitbull_low.jpg
69KB, 584x696px
>>2251325

It's about time /an/ started asking the hard quests. Yes, without fail, immediately.
>>
File: groose eyebrow raise.jpg (51KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
groose eyebrow raise.jpg
51KB, 900x900px
>>2254682
>>
>>2258711
They were bred to be dog/small animal aggressive. Plain and simple. I'm not sure why there are many human fatalities than other breeds. Maybe pit bull attacks are reported more. Maybe it's because people don't get their dogs fixed: there are so many pit bulls. Maybe it's because "pit bull" includes many breeds. it makes sense that the fatalities caused by many breeds ("pit bulls") would greatly outnumber one breed ("Labrador"). I dare say I wonder how the stats would hold up if it was more like "pit bull fatalities" vs say "Asian breed fatalities" or "working dog fatalities".

Either way, the actual pit bull terrier (the ones people used to fight) were exterminated if they showed any signs of human aggression as handlers often interacted and got extremely close to the dogs while they were fighting in the pit.
>>
The idiotic effect of breed bans is that they make successful prosecution much more difficult and often impossible. Producing court room evidence that the accused dog conforms to the breed standard is a legal nightmare. Either legislators have to mock up ridiculously porous descriptive language which always fails when judges give instructions to juries, or it depends on DNA, which never matches the baseline breed sample or range of samples.

On the other hand, producing evidence that an accused dog did the attack, and producing evidence of wounds is a slam dunk. There is no flaming hoop of "breed definition" to jump through to get a conviction.

tl;dr Breed bans are dead from the neck up stupid.
>>
Take OP's video.

I show that in court. Then I get the officers who took them into custody to identify them. I submit the chain of custody paperwork. I submit the license of ownership, or testimony that the defendant was well known to be the owner of the dogs. I bring in the victim to testify. Grisly pictures of his wounds. Guilty in five minutes. Unanimous.

But now add a breed ban. All that evidence above now has to pass through the breed test. "These are not pit bulls they are Staffordshire Terriers." Or, "these are mixed breeds, of which only 25% can be reasonably identified as pit bull." Or my favorite: "There is really no such thing as a pit bull. Only a group of traits which resemble each other and have been called 'pit bulls' by popular media."

Then all the obvious evidence doesn't matter. Because the breed ban law is breed-specific, the whole attack gets thrown out.

Idiocy.
>>
Where the hell are you people seeing all these terrible pit bulls at? I've never met a bad pit bull in my life. The worst I saw was one getting a little huffy with another pit bull at the dog bark before the owner reigned him in to chill.

do you guys get everything you know from the news-for-ratings-profit-grab and the click-whore-blogsphere? Or do you all live in nigger-laden shanty towns where no one raises any pet with love?
>>
>>2259292
>But now add a breed ban. All that evidence above now has to pass through the breed test. "These are not pit bulls they are Staffordshire Terriers." Or, "these are mixed breeds, of which only 25% can be reasonably identified as pit bull." Or my favorite: "There is really no such thing as a pit bull. Only a group of traits which resemble each other and have been called 'pit bulls' by popular media."

Staffordshire Terriers ARE pit bulls. "pit bull" is a classification of several different breeds. American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bully, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier, sometimes American Bulldog.

It's calling any of those breeds "pit bull" is like calling pop tarts "breakfast pastry". While not specific, it is still a technical fit.

And less than 1% of all those dogs belonging to those breeds combined come from a dog-fighting lineage. Only 3% of them 200 years ago participated in dog fighting.
>>
>>2257497
>The only logical reason for wanting a pitbull is because of their reputation or because you want people to think you're special for being able to raise a good one despite their reputation.

Or because they love the breed you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2252505
You say this and on a daily basis I wrestle and man handle my two pits easily.

Prob some skeleton.
>>
I have a pit bull who is seven. In those seven years he has barked three times and never growled. He makes almost pig like noises when excited (outside, food time, car ride) however for the most part he is a completely mute doggo. He stood there aloof when the neighhbors malamute dug under our fence and was tearing on his face. (He still has a huge scar and people think he's a aggressive fighting dog but he just stood there before I could beat the dog attacking him to a bloody pulp.) He has never so much as knocked either of my kids over when they were young (although they would bounce on his back and tug on his ears) no amount of persuasion from anyone will maje me give up on my dog or his breed. Dogs and guns are greatly misunderstood by people and it's always the people with second hand/friend of a friend/ I heard it on the news info that want to control and regulate it all. Just lay off we don't all want to live in your fantasy land.
>>
There's a guy in my neighborhood that owns a pitbull. I've encountered him at a park before while I was walking my dog, and it was not a nice experience. He kept claiming the dog was harmless and tame, but since they arrived it wouldn't stop looking at my dog and the owner was clearly struggling to keep him in place. After a lot of insistence from his part that his dog is harmless I agreed to get a little closer, and the pitbull growled and tried to jump forward. That's when I noped the fuck out and asked him him to keep still until I left the park. Pitbull never took its eyes off us. Every time they're out on a walk the guy is clearly struggling to keep the dog from running off and doesn't seem to have any sort of training (unresponsive to any commands). I wish he'd at least put a fucking muzzle on the damn dog when they go out. Now that I think about it this fucking dog has chased my cat into our backyard before too. I don't remember how I managed to make it leave the place.

Another family got a pit puppy this year and I've seen it grow up with no dog socializing and barely any human contact in their shit and piss covered backyard. At least that one never leaves the house so I don't have to worry about walking my dogs. Great.
>>
>>2259310
You've just made the exact argument that gets vicious dogs freed.
>>
>>2252452
Too bad the owner's nowhere in this video faggot.
>>
>>2251325
lol the guy in the blue shirt throwing water is such a pussy
>>
Feral dogs should be culled as a matter of environmental protection.
>>
>>2251325
No, but they should be made illegal without a license, and they shouldn't go to no-kill shelters because there is too many of them. If you look at dogs for adoption, at least half are always pitbulls or pitbull mixes. If the cause of their reputation was solely shitty owners, there would be more cases of all large dogs killing people. Pitbulls are just an aggressive breed that don't belong with families or anyone who doesn't have time to train them.
>>
>>2259839
My dog behaves like this on a Leash. Without it he has no issues with other dogs, though. Can't seem to get rid of it.
>>
A single pit bull is no more dangerous or unpredictable than a human. People saying killing them all is for our safety. I say it's because you're all a bunch of pants-shitting cowards that will start killing each other next - as a preventative measure, of course. For your safety.

.... and just like that, you understand why condoning the genocide of a species makes you infinitely more dangerous than that species ever was and you, yourself, are the ones that should be culled.

Fucking disgusting. All of you.
>>
>>2261855
>Mistaking breed for species
>Being this stupid

Opinion completely disregarded.
>>
>>2261856

That's what the Germans said. Point proven.
>>
>>2259380
you should train your dogs bro
>>
>>2261820
No-kill shelters get to pick and choose what they take in, you fucking mongol. They take in the pit bull type dogs by choice.

Every large dog that has short hair is a pit bull, that's why they bite more than breeds of dogs. OP for example is Dogo Argentinos, but they are pit bulls
>>
>>2261860
"No kill shelters get to pick and choose what they take in" does not contradict anything I said. But it is amusing that a human with a bad temperament is defending a breed of dogs with a bad temperament.
>>
>>2259380

Just because you're oh so strongman doesn't mean your dogs shouldn't be shot immediately if they get near women and children.
>>
>>2251325
Yes, but quietly.
Stop buying them and they will cease to exist.
>>
>>2254656
You just KNOW...
>>
>>2251325
Yes
>>
>>2251325
What the fuck are these people doing? Kick the fucking dogs real hard and it will go down. It will break bones. Kick it to the ground and stomp its fucking head in
>>
>>2262657
go back to playing minecraft
>>
>>2251325
>guy standing with his child there
yeah, keep her just behind your fat ass, looks like these guys are pros at keeping attacking dogs off people what's the worst that could happen
>>
>>2262658
I don't play minecraft, you fucking faggot
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.