[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>owning an animal that doesn't display affectionate behavior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Painted-Hermit-Crabs.jpg (163KB, 1024x639px) Image search: [Google]
Painted-Hermit-Crabs.jpg
163KB, 1024x639px
>owning an animal that doesn't display affectionate behavior as a pet
Why?

Is there any reason to own an animal that can't provide actual companionship instead of merely just responding to you because you're warm and/or you feed it, or worse doesn't respond to you at all?
>>
they're like plants

or art
>>
I keep animals because I'm interested in them, not to make up for a crippling lack of social skills
>>
>>2251292
because keeping dolphins or apes is rather tricky.
>>
>not finding joy in watching an animal act as it would in the wild in the comfort of your own basement.

I've had the same snake for 9 years and she never ceases to entertain.
>>
>I like keeping and spending money on live creatures in confined spaces for use as high maintenance display pieces, as a way to entertain my simpleton mind, but it's not because I lack social skills! There is clearly nothing wrong with me.

Don't get me wrong. Pets should never be used as an complete alternative to social interaction, but let's not sit here and pretend owning a pet is a sensible thing to do from the get go.
>>
>>2251292
>He wants to be friends with an animal
Its like saying you want to be friends with a retard.
>>
>>2251338
>I like spending money and sitting in front of a screen alone all day as a way to entertain my simpleton mind, but it's not because I lack social skills! There is clearly nothing wrong with me.

Computers, tv, anything else not involving dating or maybe friends confirmed for retarded shit
>>
>>2251292
because they often display really interesting and unique behavior, which are absolutely amazing to observe.

Even if you have a spider that you only see once a year. This makes the few times you see it even more interesting

It's not that hard to understand if you are actually interested in Nature
>>
Same reasons why public aquariums are very regularly visited: It's home to very unique creatures most will either never see or overall very fascinating in observing their behaviors that domestic animals don't exhibit, as most retain their wild behavior without the dangers of killing you.

Plus not everyone has the luxury of spending +8 hours everyday to keep a pet stimulated enough to not becoming fucking insane that doesn't want to own a cat
>>
>>2251328
This. I like watching animals do their own thing in their own little habitat. I enjoy creating and maintaining an ecosystem then watch the animal strive in the little world I've created for it. I care a great deal for the well being of the animal, but have zero interest to be social with them.
>>
>>2251292
>owning an animal just so it can provide YOU with affection and not because you actually care about it regardless of how it feels towards you

Why?
>>
>>2251292
>owning an animal that "loves" you unconditionally as a result of their species being dependent on humans for survival just because you lack the social skills to have an actual friend
>>
>>2251292
I don't keep animals for their companionship, I keep animals because I find them interesting. Some animals are more interesting to interact with, some are much more interesting to simply watch them go about their lives. Most people prefer one over the other, but both are equally valid reasons to keep a pet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.