[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me ONE reason why cats are better than dogs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (435KB, 1543x1360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435KB, 1543x1360px
Give me ONE reason why cats are better than dogs.
>>
>>2250291
They don't eat their own shit.
I could give 50 reasons but you said give me one
>>
Their fur doesn't stink. I don't much like cats but I'd rather pet a cat then get dog stink all over me. Even ferrets smell better.
>>
Unless you got a severely defective model, they come knowing how to use the litter box by the time they're ready to be adopted out at 8 weeks.

House breaking dogs sucks.
>>
Cheaper to feed in my opinion i buy expensive kibble all the time buy my cat being small saves me a lot more money than if i had to feed a medium or large dog instead
>>
Because it makes me such a le nerd to have one lol rofl xD
>>
>>2250338
And that's a good thing?
>>
>>2250291
I don't have to take them for walks multiple times a day
>>
Because they are cats.
You don't really need any more reason.
>>
less needy, less commitment and time required, comes pre-house broken, eats less, not nearly as annoying as kittens compared to puppies
>>
>>2250349
Dogs dont need walks, humans just do that to bond with their canids or something.
>>
>>2250363
sure, they don't need walks or any attention at all if you want a poorly behaved piece of shit dog constantly barking or worse
>>
>>2250297
>ferrets smell better

My friend, I've been in houses where I wasn't certain a dog lived there, but I ain't NEVER BEEN in a house where I wasn't certain about ferrets.
>>
>>2250372
This. You can always tell when someone owns any animal. Besides maybe fish.
>>
>>2250291
1: Independent
2: You can leave him alone for a long time
3: Inexpensive
4: Small in size
5: Cannot give you serious damages
6: You can still teach it tricks ( I taught my cat to sit and shake hands in only about 2 months)
7: Longer lifespan
>>
>>2250297
Are you kidding? Cats smell terrible. You've just become immune to their stink.
>>
They aren't as dependent on you as dogs. I need a pet I can leave alone for 7+ hours a day and don't need to spend the few hours of free time I have walking/playing/taking it outside to piss.

All I want is a pet I can cuddle with while I relax after work. Aside from scooping poop once a day and morning and night meals, there isn't much else required.
>>
I personally prefer cats because they're chill animals. Me and my cats are total bros. They constantly crave affection which is also really cute.

Your favorite animal is completely subjective though, I'm not gonna waste my time trying to change your opinion.

These threads are always really stupid.
>>
>>2250450
I bought a house last year that belonged to cat owners. Lots of cats. Took months, and a complete remodel of the house to get the smell out.
>>
they bury their own shit
>>
>>2250450
All animals stink. Cats and dogs stink up your entire place.
>>
>>2250508
Did you not look at the house first? Or are you a poorfag that took that he could get?
>>
File: tumblr_mnxz4kR6S51qhakn7o1_500.png (302KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnxz4kR6S51qhakn7o1_500.png
302KB, 500x374px
>>2250563
>All animals stink.
you mean all mammals.
>>
>>2250366
Maybe thats your dog, but I dont buy pure bred retarded shit, my dogs are nice,and mixed so they are mentally stable and not attention seeking furbags.
>>
>>2250573
mixed dogs are just as likely as purebreds to develope most common disorders ;^^)
>>
>>2250573
nice b8, instead of a breed with a documented personality you think your mutt will be predictable and worse you neglect it
>>
The whole "using the restroom" thing is pretty autonomous with cats. I've never had to worry about my cat peeing all over the house because she has a toilet available to her 24/7. As for my dogs, if I forget to take em out to the restroom before I go to bed, they end up shitting in the house.
>>
>>2250449
>Cannot give you serious damages

Brain parasites don't count ofc.
>>
>>2250449
>2 months to teach what even the dumbest dog can learn in 5 minutes

jesus
>>
>>2250582
Mixed dogs are healthy, only egomaniacs get purebred dogs OMG LIKE I HAS A SHITZU AND A DOBERMAN ITS SO CUTE AND PURE BRED OMG LIKE WOW. I always cringe when I see faggots with dog breeds that clearly look like they were made to appeal to weirdos with child projection issues.
>>
>>2250291
More independent. Less needy. But still snugglebugs when they wanna be.

I love dogs too. You get dog if you want half companion half child you care for. You get cat if you want 90% four-legged roommate and 10% child to care for.
>>
>>2250363
Enjoy your noisy terror and destroyed house.
>>
>>2250291
lower maintance
>>
>>2250573
Landrace mutts are the good ones. Mixed breeds can be as shitty as purebreds.
>>
>>2250449
>Longer lifespan
Not a plus.
>>
>>2250291
-smell better
-better for people who work/ aren't good keeping a schedule/ don't have time for walkies
-easier to get a rental

as a college student I much prefer cats. I don't feel bad leaving them home alone for 8 hours, I don't have to interrupt a study session to walk them, I can leave for a few days without having to find a sitter. my life isn't consistent enough to own a dog.
>>
>>2250450
Depends on the cat, really. My relative who has a house and a garden has a cat. That cat is obviously out all the time and only comes in for food and naps. She (she as the cat) smells like shit.

I live in an apartment five stories above the ground, so I obviously don't have a garden and obviously the only way for my cat to get on the fresh air is to open the window and let her on the windowsill (and trust she's smart enough not to jump off the sill when catching flies or something). She cat doesn't smell at all.

Literally every single dog I've ever smelled, or petted and then smelled my hand stank that typical dog stench. I can't imagine having that in my apartment. It's terrible.
>>
>>2250766
>depends on the cat

No it doesn't. Every cat in the world smells; if you let it piss and shit in your house you smell too. Your cat isn't special. It stinks just like every other cat in the world.
>>
>>2250766
At least dog owners don't deny the fact that dogs have a "dog smell". Cat owners vehemently deny that their house smells like ammonia and shit even though it does.
>>
>>2250774
it's their shit and piss that smells bad though. just like every animal on earth. it's not the cats themselves that smell, unlike many dogs. why do you think there's so many dog "freshening" sprays?
>>
File: vomit chan.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomit chan.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>visiting mother for the first time in months.
>enter house, smell something funny, don't think much about it since she owns like 7 newfoundlanders.
>halfway through the hallway mother tells me she's got some new pets.
>ask 'are they cats?' while quivering.
>she replied 'how did you know'
>walk into living room.
>greeted by the overwhelming smell of ammonia and shit.
>litter everywhere.
>run outside.
>throw up so much bile starts leaking out.

now I remember why I don't visit my mother.
>>
>>2250774
>>2250777
My cat doesn't smell very bad, it's her shit that smells worse than rotten eggs. So when I hear her rummaging in the litter box (which is in the toilet room, separated from the actual bathroom) I get up from whatever I'm doing, turn on the ventilation, collect her shit on a scoop and trow it into the toilet.

I noticed she only takes a dump when someone is in the apartment (I don't live alone). Usually immediately after I come home, presumably waking her from sleep. So the shit is never left to reek for very long.

I don't really care about the urine. I can't actually smell it for some reason. My apartment mates do though, so I always throw away the shit AND the piss "ball" that forms from the wet litter stuff.

It's always the dogs that smell worse. It's always dog shit you step into on the sidewalk, especially when the snow melts. It's always the dogs who are to blame for the wet, disgusting stucco on the houses in the city. It's dogs who wake you up in the middle of the night. It's dogs who hump your leg on the family meetings.

I mean, cat's aren't perfect either but holy shit do I hate dogs. I only have a cat because one of my apartment mates wanted it and I didn't say no. I'd probably have a midget rabbit or a gold fish or nothing really otherwise.
>>
>>2250791
jesus how many cats did your mom get? does she have a hoarding problem?

>>2250793
her food probably isn't agreeing with her, my cats poop smelled terrible when I fed her a can of Friskies but it barely smells now.
>>
File: DSCN0039.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0039.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
This is what I usually get my cat. It's her breakfast. For the rest of the day, she has to make do with some dry crunchies. She loves it so there wasn't a reason to look for something else. I'm just assuming all cat shit smells that bad. I'm just glad her shit isn't liquid though. It got diarrhea-y when I gave her some milk so I stopped it.

I don't know how my relative's cat's shit smells or looks like. She shits outside, away from the house.
>>
>>2250804
that's not the greatest food, but it's not the worst either. she could have allergies to chicken or to grains. I'm serious though, if your cats shit smells really bad it's probably either parasites or the food doesn't agree with her.
>>
>>2250795
I saw atleast 4.

no, she owns a pseudo-farm and thinks they're necessary, most of her pets have plenty of space, food and care.
>>
The worms in my body tell me they're better.

So they are.
>>
lol all these people who think cats don't reek

i can sniff out cat owners in a crowd

you're fucking gross
>>
>>2250810
>implying all cat shit doesn't smell bad
>>
>>2250298
THIS
>>
>>2250820
It's true. You can go to a public place and tell who owns a cat just by walking within a five foot radius of them.
>>
>>2250820
that's fucking weird man
>>
>>2250820
I can tell who owns cats just by judging their garden.
>>
File: IMG_20160629_113516.jpg (4MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_113516.jpg
4MB, 4000x2992px
>>2250829
>>
>>2250820
>>2250825

do you guys have any other super powers? super speed? enhanced cognitive abilities?
>>
>>2250838
super cleanliness
>>
File: lawn33.jpg (962KB, 3226x2150px) Image search: [Google]
lawn33.jpg
962KB, 3226x2150px
>>2250832
that wouldn't be considered a garden here.

here's the backyard of a cat owner nearby.
>>
Because you can be xD relatable and have le kitteh chezburgah OwO
>>
File: lawn44.jpg (862KB, 3226x2150px) Image search: [Google]
lawn44.jpg
862KB, 3226x2150px
>>2250850
another.
>>
>>2250820
>>2250825
When i sit next to a cat owner on a plane I'll askthem right off the bat if they own a cat, won't tell them how I know, and not say anything else to them for the rest of the flight.

i like to ruin their day.
>>
>>2250850
it's a container garden! we can't all be wealthy dutch fags with no trees and a billion tulips.

I do live in the woods, does that count?

does denmark even have pine trees?
>>
>>2250851
omg, no. kittehs aren't for eating.
>>
File: ha11.jpg (108KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
ha11.jpg
108KB, 799x531px
>>2250838
autism.

>>2250850
>>2250853
these are just the exceptions though, most don't even have a garden, just a bunch of tiles and gravel, there's either weeds growing between them or they throw salt on everything (because lol environment)

if their garden looks somewhat okay it's just a load of bushes and hardy (invasive) groundcover, if that's the case they don't maintain it themselves though.

because no one that actually spends any constructive effort on their garden owns cats.
>>
File: 1468765293330.jpg (29KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1468765293330.jpg
29KB, 500x427px
>own cat
>also own snakes and other creatures
>lather myself in python and alligator snapping turtle smell just to throw off fags who try to sniff out catfags
>mfw sitting next to them watching as they try to struggle guessing what kinda owner I am.

There is no greater pleasure than pissing off /an/imals in public.
>>
>>2250859
do you actually walk around your neighborhood, taking pictures of peoples backyards?
>>
>>2250861
Well he just admitted to having autism so yes he does.
>>
>>2250855
privates can dispose of their biodegradable garbage for free here, there's no reason to have it pile up in your garden other than if you're just a lazy fuck.

pines are relatively common.
>>
File: lawn1.jpg (922KB, 2765x1843px) Image search: [Google]
lawn1.jpg
922KB, 2765x1843px
>>2250861
those are rental houses so if I send pictures of how badly they're neglecting their gardens to the corporations that owns them they'll get kicked out.
>>
>all these people saying dogs smell worse than cats
>cat owners' homes always smell like ammonia

>hurr my cat figured out going to the bathroom on its own, housebreaking a dog is way too difficult
>cat owners literally allow their pets to shit and piss in the house

>if I forget to take the dog out, he shits in the house!
>cats shit in the house

>hurr dogs need walks and exercise
>my favorite thing about my pets is I can ignore them

>hurr cats don't need constant attention

>I need a pet I can leave alone for 7-8 hours of the day

so apparently cats are better than dogs because they somehow have a free pass to shit and piss in the house and you can ignore them all day.
>>
File: 1461431055572.jpg (38KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1461431055572.jpg
38KB, 420x420px
Animals?
>>
>>2250832
That's a pot, not a garden. Are you inbred or something?
>>
>>2250882
IT'S A CONTAINER GARDEN!

YOU IDIOT
>>
>>2250853

You're probably just jealous because you don't have such a diverse meadow at home.
>>
>>2250884
>IT'S A CONTAINER GARDEN!
That has to be the euphemism of the year.
>>
File: shitty weeds.jpg (629KB, 1240x854px) Image search: [Google]
shitty weeds.jpg
629KB, 1240x854px
>>2250885
I have a patch of weeds next to my house.
>>
>>2250291
The most popular breeds aren't absolutely destroyed by breeding
>>
>>2250869
Cats can shit in the house because if you aren't a retard you set up a litter box for them.

Also the ammonia smell is probably from male cats marking their territory or something. I don't think castrated and female cats do that though.
>>
>>2250895
>rare plantsâ„¢
>>
>>2250894
I'll never be dutch! Why would I want to be dutch!

>>2250891
it does hold 30 gallons ya know. I got quite a few squash and tomatoes out of that. best I can do out of an apartment. I have a few of those set up.
>>
>>2250901
only a few, I've got some knautia arvensis and phyteuma spicatum nigrum growing there.
>>
>>2250899
>THE SHIT IS IN A BOX SO IT'S NOT NASTY

catfag logic
>>
>>2250899
somehow the box in the house qualifies the shit as not being in the house. got it.
>>
>>2250906
>knautia arvensis
lol is that really considered rare over there?
>>
File: knautia.png (242KB, 405x444px) Image search: [Google]
knautia.png
242KB, 405x444px
>>2250913
it's endangered in most of it's habitat, apparently.
>>
>>2250291
Their tongues dont get dripping wet
>>
>>2250912
Somehow the shit in the box is just as bad as it is on your carpet.

Why do you even bother using a toilet? Just put on a diaper. Or even better, go nude and shit and piss any time you like.
>>
>>2250899
All cats smell like ammonia. Not just male cats.
>>
>>2250922
you're right. when I shit in the toilet, I leave it there until someone else comes along and flushes it for me. because since it's not on the carpet, it doesn't stink.

also joke's on you, I'm naked right now.
>>
File: 10fbca779c37.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
10fbca779c37.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>2250917
to me that's like saying trifolium repens is critically endangered
>>
>>2250926
prove it
>>
>>2250930
and many plants you'd consider rare are pond weeds here because there's so much water.

you can't have both.
>>
>>2250935
nah, there's enough swamps here for that too
>>
>>2250291
They don't need you to walk them, they are independent, they don't want your attention all the time, they hardly make any noise, you can tell they're mood more easily than a dogs, they learn how to use the litter box in a matter of weeks and they are very smart creatures.I know you said 1 reason but i couldn't help myself.
>>
>>2250938
swamps don't have these for example.
>>
>>2250941
>They don't need you to walk them
"I am lazy"
>they are independent
"I am lazy"
>they don't want your attention all the time
"I am lazy"
>they hardly make any noise
"I am lady"
>you can tell they're mood more easily than a dogs
Definitely not even close to true.

>they learn how to use the litter box in a matter of weeks
"I am lazy and like my house smelling like piss and shit"
>and they are very smart creatures.
LOL
>>
>>2250944
I probably have to drive about 30-40km for that
>>
>>2250922
how about i just put a box filled with clay in the corner of the hall and shit in there?
>>
>>2250949
is that all you've got? Your arguments are so hollow that i'm surprised that they even exist.Stop treating dogs like a god send and get some other fucking animal.
>>
File: Eryngium maritimum.jpg (51KB, 463x322px) Image search: [Google]
Eryngium maritimum.jpg
51KB, 463x322px
>>2250951
they only grow in coastal areas for some reason even though their requirements aren't that specific.

I
>>
>>2250949
>I am lady
wew, rude

dogs need structure in their lives. there's nothing wrong with recognizing you might not be the best home for a dog.
>>
>>2250949
oh and
you can tell a cats mood by it's tail and ears, what do dogs have that expresses their emotions to the point where you can tell what emotion it's feeling?

They are very smart, smarter than your dogs.
>>
>>2250973
...I'm sorry, I have two and I'm basically a cat lady in training. But they aren't especially smart.
>>
>>2250973

If cats are so smart, then why do they get stuck in paper bags?

Checkmate, parasite-fag.
>>
>>2251019
If dogs are so smart, why do they chase their tails and eat their shit?
>>
>>2251025

It's called having fun, Anon. I'm sorry your flea-bag needs to imitate murder to enjoy itself.

Shit-eating is believed to be a way to avoid spreading parasites - a behavior that somehow carried on from pre-domestication.

Your cat will gladly expose you to parasites.
>>
>>2251029
Well, why don't you eat your own shit to prevent your stupidity from spreading?
>>
>>2251034

>cat-pleb calling a dog owner stupid

Now /this/ is comedy gold.
>>
>>2250973
>what do dogs have that expresses their emotions to the point where you can tell what emotion it's feeling?
...tail and ears, same as cats. also, dogs have facial expressions, posture, and vocalizations.
>>
>>2251019
if dogs are so smart why do they chase their tails? Why do they run into glass? Why do they need humans to help them with everything?
I gave you 3 and you gave me 1, get fucking destroyed.
>>
>>2251038
>getting this mad

Cats run into glass, attack their tails, and need human assistance for everything but shittng and eating too.

The only difference is a cat will meow in your ear and shove its asshole in your face until you give in to whatever demand it has.
>>
>All this whining over cats and dogs.

Niggers, I trained both my cat and dog. You're all pieces of shit who can't handle animals. I pity your pets.
>>
>>2250850
That's like every Jamaican/Haitian backyard in my neighborhood.
>>
>>2251035

>dog owner calling cat owners plebs

Talk about comedy
>>
>>2250973
>smarter than dogs

Sure, I know there are plenty of cats who are trained to help police. Oh wait, there aren't any? I wonder why, could it be because they're dumb and untrainable?
>>
>>2250449
>small dogs don't exist
>being small is a positive
>>
Can be left alone all day when at work.
>>
So basically every catfag in here has listed "can be left alone all day" as a positive for cats

If this is the case why did you get a pet at all? It sounds like you don't want a pet in the first place, you want a decoration.
>>
>>2251519
>a live decoration
How is that a bad thing? I'm content, the cat's content, everybody wins.
>>
>>2251519
They don't want pets. That's why many of them abandon their pets outdoors; so they don't have to deal with them.
>>
>>2251521
So we all agree then. Cats are the better accent piece; dogs are the better pet.
>>
>>2251519
They can be left all day and they still like you when you get home
>>
>>2251530
Whatever cools down your hostility. You dogfags are so fucking violent in expressing your opinions.
>>
>>2251536
>violent in expressing opinions

Sorry I can't recall where anyone threatened you. You sure are mad you've been beat.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.