[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cats & kittens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1472882092517.webm (693KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472882092517.webm
693KB, 640x360px
Hey, an, I have a problem...
On my block, there is this old man that leaves cat food out. Since he's started this he has attracted hordes of cats, kittens, and other critters.
Now, he's a genuinely nice person, so I wouldn't want him to get in trouble or suffer emotionally but the cats need to go.
Is there any non-malicious way to get rid of them?
>>
>>2248606
Leave cat food out but put antifreeze in it. Or if you don't want to kill them (I don't see why not) get traps and then relocate them.
>>
just toss some tylenol in it.
>>
Tell him to stop since they are bothering his neighborhood? As long as you aren't a dick about it, he won't "suffer emotionally".
Cats&co also won't stop coming as long as he puts food out, even if you poison them or put a guard dog.
>>
>>2248609
I've asked him to stop once... he just started crying and telling me how the cats are all he has, his kids won't visit, and honestly it was too much for me. >>2248608
Tylenol will kill them I'm guessing?
>>
>>2248612
Tylenol will cure their headaches
>>
>>2248612
yeah, but if a bunch of pigeons or someones pet dog eats it they'll be unharmed.
>>
>>2248612
You are welcome to try, but even if you kill all cats and critters in the area, others will keep coming as long as there is always free food out. Tell him to get a cat or something for himself at the shelter if he feels that much lonely.
>>
>>2248618
I wouldn't want to try.
>>2248617
If it kills cats then how could it not harm other critters? Especially the smaller-than-a-cat ones.
>>
>>2248637
cats are far more susceptible to acetaminophen than most animals.
>>
>>2248612
>Tylenol will kill them I'm guessing?

This is the go-to method. Everyone has it on hand. And 2 tablets of extra strength tylenol is a guaranteed death sentence to a cat. Takes about 18 hours. Acetaminophen will wreck some pussy.
>>
>>2248647
>>2248637

Dogs are susceptible to acetaminophen, but not neeeeeeeeeeeeearly as sensative to it as cats.

Hypothetically, if you gave your dog a weight-appropriate dose (like you would a human) of Tylenol 3 times a day for 3 days to treat pain/discomfort, there is a good chance it would cause liver damage after 3 days of it being in their blood.

However, a single does of 20mg per pound of cat (so, 200mg for a 10 pound cat) would probably up and fucking kill the thing in 1 shot. Ramp it up to 500mg to ensure an unhappy ending.
>>
>>2248637
You do realize he's trolling you right?
>>
Why doesn't he just get a cat?
>>
>>2248722
This is a question I've asked.
I think he can't afford to keep one as a pet, so he's happy to just attract strays.
>>
talk to animal control or a shelter. you, or they, might be able to trap them and have them removed.

tylenol is a very painful death :(
>>
Bug guy can you explain how Tylenol can kill a cat? How? What does it do to their bodies? You seem to know what you're talking about
>>
>>2248901
Forgot to add, asking because I live with my parents and they'd know if the cat has been harmed, especially if it starts meowing
>>
>>2248901
multi-system organ failure.
>>
>>2248996
it'll have trouble breathing so I doubt it'll make much noise.

then again, you could just make it an indoor cat instead.
>>
How many cats are we talking op, and don't lie
>>
>>2249005
>>2249000
It is strictly an indoor cat which never leaves it's closet except to eat or shit. It's frankly not much of a pet. I say it needs to go because I'm tired of my mom favoring a damn pet over her own kid(s)

So please tell me, what will multi-organ failure cause the cat to do? Will it be loud?
>>
Is it ok to ask a cat question here?

i've got this organge cat, the stereotypical tabby sort. It pisses on my other cat that's a bit younger and stupid (it runs around with it's head tilted sideways)

any advice about the peeing cat? I feel bad for the stupid cat
>>
>>2249042
you should take the tylenol yourself to find out.
>>
>>2249042
no, it's lungs will fail and it's face will swell up.
>>
>>2249110
are they fixed? it sounds like a dominance thing.

also, has your retarded cat seen the vet?
>>
>>2248697
>he's trolling you
You do realize that Tylenol actually does kill cats right?
>>
>>2249042
It won't be loud. Even if it were and she found out that the cat was poisoned by Tylenol, Tylenol is so common she wouldn't be able to pin the blame on anyone. It's just an "accident"
>>
>>2249113

It obliterates the liver. Expect a lot of vomiting and lethargy. And if the cat goes a vet, the vet WILL know it was poisoned, and they will know it was one of the substances that assaults the liver (easily discernible by a blood test and the cell counts). If the cat makes it to a vet within 4 hours, there is a good chance it can be saved.
>>
>>2249147
no not fixed and no vet either they're just a couple of ferals I've adopted
>>
>>2249320
See if you can't find a place that fixes ferals. They do it for about $10 near me. They're not females anymore, you should take better care of them!
>>
You should nut the fuck up and talk to him about it like a human being. If he won't see reason then call animal control.

Not sure why people are so into killing animals on this board but imo pretty faggy to poison some cat because you're scared to have a real conversation with someone.
>>
>>2249042
You seem like a cool son I can't imagine not appreciating you. Sometimes my son poisons my animals because he's too much of a pussy bitch to communicate his problems to me, it's adorable, you should def do it.
>>
he just gonna attract more strays if you kill them genius. you have to either talk to the guy or kill him
>>
File: 1468591224163.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468591224163.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>2249445
>you have to either talk to the guy or kill him
your only options.

seriously, what kind of douche leaves cat food outside, that's kind of sick
>>
>>2248606
Talk with him about possibly getting the stray cats neutered. I don't know about your area but where I live there are some organizations that offer free neuter and spay services for stray cats. They give you cages to catch them and after they spay/neuter them you can release them back. It'll at the very least prevent them from breeding.
>>
>>2248671

Underrated post
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.