[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat very fucked up and lost balance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: 1313920.large.jpg (66KB, 443x267px) Image search: [Google]
1313920.large.jpg
66KB, 443x267px
I found my cat in the hedges two nights ago meowing and walking really funny. At first I thought it had a broken leg, but then I saw that its legs were fine. It was walking like it was extremely drunk.

I took it to the vet, and they thought it could be that the cat drank antifreeze. However, the next day, the cat still hadn't vomited and was missing a few other symptoms. The vet basically just told me it's a mystery why the cat got this neurological problem, and there's some evidence that it could be the cat ate a poisonous lizard. She said that this problem happened to one of her own cats, and it survived with some minor leftover symptoms (head tilt, a bit slower). I decided to take the cat home, and they gave me some steroids to reduce neurological inflammation in the cat. She's doing a bit better now, so I'm hopeful she'll survive.

Anyone else have experience with this kind of shit?
>>
hopefully it dies and costs a lot of money doing it
>>
>>2248564
>abandon cat outdoors
>get surprised when something bad happens to it

Why don't you just kill it now and get another cat? We all know that's what you're going to do when this one dies anyway. Then you will neglect the new cat, too
>>
lmao, that's what you get if you let your cat outdoors.
>>
/an/ desperately needs an outdoor car sticky
Anyway if nor even the vet can know shit about it, don't expect anyone here to do it either.
>>
>>2248573
>>2248575
I'm not offended or anything, but I am curious. This is a meme, right? There isn't really a board full of people so autistic that they all refuse to let their cats out, is there?

Anyway, I made this thread because my cat got a weird illness, and I want to know more about it. If my cat got run over or something I wouldn't even come here.
>>
>>2248578
just remember that if your cat dies, you killed it.
>>
>>2248578
No, it's not a meme. You're irresponsible and careless if you let your cat outdoors unsupervised. Whatever happened to your cat, just remember it's your fault.

Get off of /an/ and go to fucking reddit if you want advice. We are sick of irresponsible and neglectful cat owners asking for help.
>>
>>2248580
>>2248584
Really? I'm having trouble deciding if you're serious. If so, I guess you had some kind of trauma as a kid or something. Death is a common event that you just have to deal with. I'm tempting death every time I go for a drive, or walk near a Muslim. My cat might die if I let it go outside like it wants to. So what? If my cat dies, I'll bury it and move on. That's how grown adults act.
>>
>>2248564
Did the vet check the cats inner ears?
>>
>>2248593
is that a serious question?
>is the vet trained in medicine?
>>
>>2248590
Normal human beings adopt animals because they want to care for them. You accept the fact that they may die but you are supposed to protect them from that if you can. If you don't even attempt to protect them then you obviously don't give a shit and shouldn't have pets in the first place. You shouldn't have children either.

>my toddler wants to go outside but I'm too lazy to supervise, if it gets run over oh well I'll bury it and move on.
>>
>>2248603
>his parents fell for the helicopter parenting meme
No wonder you're so messed up, dude. I guess you were never allowed to play in the street with the neighborhood kids, or do anything that kids are supposed to. Yes, being a parent means you have to accept that your kid could get hurt or die. Otherwise the kid is forbidden from going on playscapes, running around the neighborhood, swimming, etc. and he turns autistic like you.
>>
>>2248564
Why was your cat outside?

Why was it killing lizards?
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 640x853px
>>2248578
Outdoor cats kill between 2-4 billion birds a year and like 16 million + small mammals

It's an ecological crisis

As animal lovers we seek to rectify this problem

We may seem harsh, but it's the same way I'd react if I saw someone mangling and torturing small animals. It's what you're doing by proxy via your cat when you let it outside
>>
>>2248614
>being a parent means you have to accept that your kid could get hurt or die.

no it's not, parents take calculated risks.

this isn't a calculated risk, you're just gambling with your pets life because you can't take responsibility.

it doesn't gain anything except death from being outside.
>>
>>2248623
>no it's not, parents take calculated risks.
lolwut. Exactly the kind of thing an autist would say.

>>2248619
>Outdoor cats kill between 2-4 billion birds a year and like 16 million + small mammals
I think it's cute. Whenever my cat brings a bird or a rodent to my doorstep, I make sure to pet it and give it a treat.
>>
File: 1476436852997.gif (885KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1476436852997.gif
885KB, 500x418px
Have you tried not letting your cat outside?
>>
Surely you all are meming. Cats are outdoor animals and hunters. My cat has singlehandedly eliminated our mouse problem and loves the outdoors. My previous cat lived until he was 22 and was an outdoor cat for his whole life.
>>
>>2248644
>I think it's cute

Yes we already know cat owners are selfish and inconsiderate

>Whenever my cat brings a bird or a rodent to my doorstep, I make sure to pet it and give it a treat

Implying a cat is intelligent enough to understand the concept of positive reinforcement.
>>
>>2248658
If you're so concerned about preserving nature, you should be fighting to overthrow capitalism. Not pestering cat owners.
>>
>>2248652
cats aren't capable of love.

they're literally less capable of emotion than a computer.

>>2248661
cats kill more birds than humans.
>>
>>2248661
Nope. Social democracy is the best system and cat owners cause the largest local environmental damage.

>pestering

I've stopped arguing with them, believe me
>>
>>2248578
It is a meme. At least, tripfag cancer, autists and newfags try to force it. Ignore it and dont even try to bring up rational points.
>>
>>2248614
If you compare cats to children, they are more on the intelligence level of babies than children (not even as smart as babies, actually). It would be EXTREMELY neglectful to leave a baby outdoors unattended, just as it is with a cat.
>>
Same thing happened to my cat when I was younger, it was a thyroid problem, died shortly thereafter:/ very sad. However now that I look back on it, my parents were stupid for having outside cats, they didn't get them as such, they were strictly inside until my brother and I were born and the cats became envious/aggressive, so out they went
>>
File: 1475007246356.jpg (37KB, 601x391px) Image search: [Google]
1475007246356.jpg
37KB, 601x391px
>>2248623
Missing the point there dumbass, work on reading comprehension
>>
>>2248564
Another outdoor cat owner gets rekt

How about you actually learn from your mistakes this time
>>
>>2248807
>cat owner learning from mistakes

Funny joke
>>
>>2248564
My cat did this and it was just a vestibular infection.
My (former) vet tried to say it was cancer of the cerebellum without doing any kind of testing. I brought him 3hrs to my uncle who is a vet at a university and he thought it was just an infection. After two weeks everything was fine. Five years later and no cancer so far.

Maybe get a second opinion?
>>
When I was a kid we had a kitten that had the same thing happen to it. The only poisonous wildlife in the area was rattlesnakes and black widows. I always assumed the kitten got bit by a black widow. Never found out what was actually wrong with her because my parents wouldn't take her to the vet because she was "just a cat", and then they spewed some circle of life philosophy mouthpuke.

The kitten deteriorated very rapidly. Before she lost the energy to walk, she just kept staggering over to our pool and walking into it, and she would just do this over and over again. It was horrific. Her behavior was a little reminiscent of mad cow disease. Over the next 6 hour she gradually became too tired to move. She spent the last several hours of her life lying limp like a ragdoll. It took about 12-15 hours for her to go from staggering around with normal energy to passing away.
>>
File: sad.jpg (2KB, 140x80px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
2KB, 140x80px
>>2248917
Allowing it to die slowly and in agony, this is so cruel.
It's make me think if god exist and loves everyone like other people say, why he is allowing his creature to endure such pain.
>>
>>2248990
cats don't feel pain so there's no need to feel sad for them, anon.
>>
>>2248992
I wish i could believe you anon, but that is not true.
Cats like other mammals do feel pain.
>>
>>2249009
they have nociception, looks the same physically but isn't.

pain requires consciousness, it's basically your opinion about that nociception.

cats don't have that, they're not very intelligent.
>>
>>2249011
>consciousness
except there's no clear definition for that
>>
>>2249049
exactly.

so nothing besides humans have it ;')
>>
>>2248616
This is the most important question
>>
>>2248564
Is it dead yet, OP?
>>
My cat had bad balance just before he died of kidney problems, from the pain and general weakness I guess.

You could tell he was really miserable so it wasn't just an issue with balance. I hope thats not the case for yours OP
>>
some edgelord from /an/ probably fed it tylenol.
>>
>>2249080
That's what happens when you don't take care of your pet.
>>
>>2249083
no, that's what happens when some asshole decides to inhumanely kill somebody's pet.
>>
>>2249095
If its owner cared enough to take care of it, there would be no chance for someone to "inhumanely" kill it.
>>
>>2249097
absolutely true. that doesn't mean someone who goes around poisoning animals isn't a scumbag.
>>
>>2249105
helping the environment doesn't make you a scumbag, it's quite the opposite.
>>
>>2249105
not more of a scumbag than someone who let's invasive pests outside to destroy the ecosystem
>>
>>2248691
>Brings up a rational point that unsupervised, outdoor cats are harmful to the environment and an indication of a lazy irresponsible owner
>this totally goes against my narrative that "it's not a big deal", a narrative formulated from pure ignorance mind you.
>hurrr durrr, it's a meme
Grow up
>>
>>2249114
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2249080
You know who doesn't have to worry about edgelords from /an/ feeding their cats Tylenol?
Responsible owners who actually give a fuck about their animals, and dont let them run around unsupervised.
since you cannot logically refute this, let's hear your appeal to emotion about how your precious cat deserves it's freedom, or you could just talk out your ass as to how it's no big deal.
>>
>>2249116
Nice argument. You convinced me, let's all let our pets wander in traffic now.
>>
>>2249124
I would never let my cat outside. All my cats were rescues.

I think it's wrong to kill something inhumanely. You can tell a lot about a person, and a society, by the way they treat animals.
>>
>>2249131
>I would never let my cat outside. All my cats were rescues
Then obviously that post wasn't directed towards you.
Congratulations on having common sense.
>>
>>2249131
>You can tell a lot about a person, and a society, by the way they treat animals.
Sure thing Gandhi
>>
I will use more tylenol the next time
>>
>>2248584
Speak for yourself nancy
>>
>>2248652
Same. Had unsupervised outdoor cats my whole life, they were fine
>>
>>2248652
>My cat has singlehandedly eliminated our mouse problem and loves the outdoors.
My pest singlehandedly destroyed the ecosystem in my neigbourhood
>>
My neighborhood single-handedly destroyed the native ecosystem
>>
>>2248590
This
Death is the natural order of life.
Things are born
Things Grow up
Things die.
>>
File: 1477247213137.jpg (121KB, 889x534px) Image search: [Google]
1477247213137.jpg
121KB, 889x534px
>>2249256
>>
>>2249083
>>2249097
>>2249124
autism
>>
>>2248578
It's not a meme. I have 3 cats that are extremely happy staying indoors only.

You are a complete asshole to both your cat and the thousands of small animals outside
>>
>>2248590
It's not about your damn cat it's about the ecological impact they have as an invasive species
>>
>>2248564
OP, I think I know what happened to your cat. Check his whiskers. They may have been been cut off accidentally when he was outside. This shit happened to several cats I've had who played too close to the stove.
>>
>>2248619
>Outdoor cats kill between 2-4 billion birds a year and like 16 million + small mammals
>It's an ecological crisis

Humans do far more damage than cats could ever hope to do, you should off yourself if you're really concerned.

Cats prey on animals, prey needs to adapt if it wants to continue to survive.
>>
>>2249428
part of the damage we've done is bring a predator and allow it to run rampant. I love cats, but it's kind of our duty to control them. so many species are already going extinct.
>>
>>2249428
Introducing invasive species is part of human caused damage you toxoplasmosis victim
>>
Is it dead yet, OP? Post picture of dead kitty corpse.
>>
>>2249428
>Cats prey on animals, prey needs to adapt if it wants to continue to survive.
In what fucking bizarro world do you live in where this makes more sense than an owner simply taking responsibility for their pet and keeping both the animal and the environment out of harms way?
>cancer kills humans, so humans just need to evolve and be immune to cancer
>>
>>2248916
this or even idiopathic vestibular disease. not even an infection, just a disese like 'vertigo' in people.
very common
>>
>>2249078
she doesn't seem to be in pain at all.

>>2249386
Her whiskers are good. That wouldn't cause such a dramatic problem anyway, I've had cats with messed up whiskers.

>>2249594
Nope, she's actually making a really great recovery so far! I give her this steroid medicine every 12 hours to reduce neurological inflammation, and she's learning to regain her balance and walking around the house pretty fast! She just jumped on my lap, though she made a really klutzy landing (nearly scratched my dick off). Hopefully in a few weeks she'll be able to go outdoors again, and maybe even catch small animals!
>>
>>2250760
>hopefully she'll be able to go outdoors so it can die sooner!
>>
>>2248570
Hopefully you die and cost a lot of money doing it
>>
Dog owners upset that cat owners can save money on food by letting their pets outside.
>>
ITT autists whose parents never let them out of their basement try to make all cats autistic like them.
>>
>>2248644
>>2248740
>>2248661
Stop replying to Tripfags, you're the cancer killing /an/. Just filter them.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.