[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How brutal can be chickens? Can you keep chickens as pets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Rooster_portrait2.jpg (706KB, 1334x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Rooster_portrait2.jpg
706KB, 1334x2000px
How brutal can be chickens?
Can you keep chickens as pets?
>>
My chickens once fought over a dead mouse. If that isn't brutal i don't know what is.
>>
>>2246389
What does that red stuff on the chickens head taste like....?
Is it edible..?
I dont know where these thoughts came from.
>>
>>2246389
They're basically little raptors. They'll peck your fucking face off.
>>
>>2246389
>grandfather had chickens for food
>when I was little I would sometimes grab a knife and stab the chickens
>I also stabbed the parrot in its cage
>had a dream that the parrot was killing me
>stopped stabbing them

Chickens are nostalgic creatures.
>>
>>2246417
What the fuck

Define nostalgic creatures
>>
>>2246389
>be me
>own staffie terriers
>Own chickens
>dogs are afraid of chickens
>>
>>2246417
Dude you're a fucking psychopath what the fuck
>>
>>2246389
If they like you, theyre docile. The 3 that I had were fine with me petting them, but they pecked the shit out of anyone else's hand
>>
>>2246389
No. No one in the history of this planet has ever owned a pet chicken and there aren't thousands of resources online addressing this.

>>2246399
It's called a comb

It's chewy
>>
>>2246389
Uncle owns chickens, somehow the roosters figured out the property line and just patrol it and keep his little dogs inside them.
>>
Own 6 chickens - two slikies, a white one that was previously frozen (dubbed Frosty), and three brown hens that are total assholes.

The Bean sisters treat Frosty like shit, the Black silky (Rufus) think's he a hardcore pipe-hittin' nigga but had no game to actually back it up, and the white silky is so pants on head retarded that its's amazing she can still figure out how to continue breathing.

However, my dog is absolutely terrified of all of them, and they have absolutely no fear of anything that comes into their pen. They had a really large possum cornered the other night that I had to go in and retrieve, and they were all just standing in a semi-circle around it, staring and honking like deranged monsters. Hell, every time I come in there, Frosty takes a peck at my shoes and then runs away like she accomplished something amazing.

I'm convinced that there is no such thing as defeat in the chicken brain, only tactical retreat before regrouping for a counterattack.
>>
>>2247133
So cute!
>>
I have 12 chickens and I always post in chicken threads.
>>
We had a silver bantam that we had to butcher and eat because he killed three other roosters over a weekend. Fucker was mean as hell
>>
>>2246417
>I would sometimes grab a knife and stab the chickens
What the fuck?
>had a dream that the parrot was killing me
>stopped stabbing them
Even your psycho brain told you you were being too psycho
>>
>>2247133
Bullshit. Foxes own the fuck outta chickens.
>>
>>2246417
Piece of shit. I'd stab YOU if I had the chance.
>>
File: cocks-combs.jpg (1MB, 2272x2201px)
cocks-combs.jpg
1MB, 2272x2201px
>>2246399
>>2246984
>>
If you raise the hens from chicks, they will be pretty friendly. They can't be trained to do much, but you can just throw feed to get them to go somewhere. They are pretty gentle, you can pick them up or hand feed them or anything. Some get "broody" in certain seasons and slightly aggressive, but nothing crazy.

Roosters OTOH aren't friendly and will peck or claw the shit out of you and chase you like geese, but are fine to keep if you have some land. Wouldn't have more than one roo unless you have a LOT of land.
>>
File: living_as_a_female.png (56KB, 202x177px) Image search: [Google]
living_as_a_female.png
56KB, 202x177px
>>2246417
>>
>>2247133
>that was previously frozen
I call bullshit. No way a bird could survive that.
>>
>>2250396
Frozen as an egg, not as a chick or anything. Hatched just fine.
>>
File: george.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>2248215
Roosters can be alright if you hand raise them, depends on the bird in question though. Pic related is one that belongs to a hardware store near where I live. He doesn't mind being picked up at all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.