[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Shit Owner/Vent thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20160909_134450.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160909_134450.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>brother gets chinchilla while living at home with mom
>Doesn't tell anyone, just brings it home one day and puts it in the living room
>He moves out, asks me to take care of it while getting settled
>I have him for 2 years, but don't really mind because brother has his hands full with kids
>He talks about getting a dog, I tell him if he does I'm making him take his chinchilla back
>He agrees to it without fuss, which is perfect because I need to find a cheaper apartment (which generally means no pet apartment)
>He gets a dog, I make plans to move to new apartment as was the agreement
>He tells me he is stalling to pick up chinchilla solely to piss me off
>On moving day, I have to deliver his pet to him
>Give brother a new, bigger cage, chinchilla toys, sand, treats, everything i bought for it

Fast forward nearly a year later
>Helping babysit because they can't take care of their own kids
>Go into the basement to get food
>Chinchilla is totally out of my mind until I see his cage there
>Windowless, musty, dark basement
>Shit radius of at least a few feet from the cage
>Cage obviously hasn't been cleaned in ages
>Food dish empty of food, but has shit in it
>Go tell dipshit his animal has no food
>"Oh yeah he's been out for a while I need to buy more"
>Week goes by, still no chinchilla food
>Wait until brother is already out, and remind him to get chinchilla food
>Another week goes by, no fucking food
>Take matters into my own hands and go out and buy it and give it to them
>I'm over a few days later to babysit
>Go into basement to check on him
>Bag of food i bought hasn't even been opened yet, food dish is still empty
>Feed the fucker myself too
I really want to stop coming over and helping but I know if I did, that poor thing would starve to death. I would take it back but I can no longer afford pet friendly housing. If I knew he'd be this awful to it I would have sold the critter on Craigslist.
>>
>>2245708
Wow your brother sounds like the biggest cunt ever, if I were you I'd just cut contact completely.
>>
>>2245708
Not too late for Craigslist. Sorry your brother is a waste of oxygen.
>>
>>2245708
>tfw I felt bad that you gave him food because it prolonged his shitty existence
It's not your fault though.
Is your idiot brother willing to give it up to be sold/adopted out or at least see why this is so fucked up and why he doesn't need to have him? Does he live close enough where you can come maintain his cage and care for him? Are you even willing to do that?

I let two of my guinea pigs (back when I had 7 and a new litter and no space) go to some young students at my school and they lived happy lives. I'm sure a school would let you keep him there as a class pet. Kids/parents/teachers would be a better option than your bro at this point.

Tbqh the way it sounds is that you could still give or sell this chinchilla on craigslist anyway because your bro wouldn't notice. You're doing him a favor.
>>
just bring it to your aprtment

do the owners come inspect it or something? how will they ever know it's there
>>
Chinchillas can live for well over 10 years. Try buying it off of your brother and keeping it or taking it to a shelter so it doesn't live the rest of its days in misery.
>>
I know a guy at work that only feeds his dog dry food. DRY FOOD. Can you believe it!? I try to correct him every day but he just gets angry. I think I have no choice but to call animal control on his abuse. Worst of all, it spends several hours a day fenced inside his back yard while he's at work. Who DOES that? It's nearly 80 degrees outside! Today he comes in talking about how he needs tomorrow morning off so he can get the dog neutered. JESUS CHRIST!~
>>
>>2245748
Are...are you drunk? Do you need us to call you a cab?

Cause I'll call you a cab buddy, just hand me the keys.
>>
>>2245757

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE FURBABIES?
>>
My cousin was horrible with her budgies. I'm good friends with her and I never really paid good attention to it as a kid. She would only keep them in her room. They were left in the room all day with the cage open in a small room with only two beds. They were scared of my whenever I came over. She didn't really ever pay attention to them.

She once told me she hated them, and that 2 of them had died, and she was waiting for the third to die. Of course it eventually did.

Worst part? They had a dog that they took care of really well. It got to go on road trips with us, got a lot of time outside, and everyone loved him, while the budgies just sat and rotted in the small room.
>>
>>2245779
To be fair budgies are really shit pets.
I don't even know why they're so popular in the pet trade, they're boring and dumb.

If you wanna get a pet burd just get a Parrot or crow/raven.

At least they aren't retarded.
>>
>>2245781
it's because they're easy to breed.

goldfish are so common as pet for the same reason even though literally every other fish species on earth is more interesting.
>>
>>2245781
Crows perfect being in flocks and you need a special permit to get Ravens in most places
>>
>>2245787
rooks are good in flocks.

crows not so much.
>>
>>2245759
Alright buddy, sit down. It's gonna be OK.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 540x540px
>>2245793
You're right

I was mistaken
>>
>>2245708

Understand that that is animal cruelty and your brother deserves to be beaten with a club. Also I'm having a little trouble believing you because its my understand that a chinchilla is not really capable of going more than a week without food without dying, let alone two weeks.

Still...
>>
>>2245782
They also receive more abuse than any other animal even if it's unintentional because "lol fish tanks tank up too much space and vases look nicer"
>>
I hope your brother is paying you to watch his crotch fruit
>>
>>2245708
alright, time to banter about my shitty neighbours/ people in general around me since i live in mexico and this piece of shit country

part 1/2

>people NEVER spay or neuterize their dogs/cats even when government has a fuckton of programs each month in fucking everywhere
>dogs living their entire life in the roof/being chained with close to zero human contact and their owners refuse to let them live with them because "hurr it stinks" or "it bites people"
>people who let their dogs roam free in the street FOR DAYS, dogs even abandon their owners and go with people that feeds them
>dog fights events that cant report to the police because they're a whole mafia and people loses (mafia looking for the dude who reported it to kill(they ask for people that likes animals), they let their killing machines(aka pitbulls) loosen and kill every dog in the streets)
>>
File: 1475012548484.jpg (65KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
1475012548484.jpg
65KB, 480x411px
>>2246645
part 2
>people that discriminate mutts over purebreed dogs
>neighbour has a mutt, a prisoner that for years has been chained in a dark, only seen it outside once years ago and its chill as fuck
>neighbour gets a husky(bought from a puppy mill)
>husky is spoiled as fuck, everytime it goes out comes straight o my house to fuck with my dogs
>neighbour gets another dog, a dachshund, spoiled as fuck too, bit my black dog twice
>get mad, call the police and report neighbour about the chained dog, they come and do some questions to neighbour, see the dog and nothing happened, police left the place.

government has already taken action against animal abuse but it isnt enough, laws are only against direct animal abuse( zoophilia, and pther forms of abuse).
But not taking in consideration the needs of a living being like getting love, excercise.
if you report someone to the police they only come to see if the dog is alive, they do not care if its on the roof for years or chained or if its place is full of shit.

oh and with mutts discrimination, my two dogs in previous post, a flat coated retriever (mix? idk) and a lab mix.

>go out
>people always notice lab and wants to pet him
>black dog arrives and gets bad looks at least because she isnt "pretty"

fuck people.

nuke us already
>>
>Neighbour gets dog
>It's a fucking old dog
>Doesn't even train the little shit
>Used it to scare little kids in the neighbourhood
>One time he even unleashed him on them
>He is never out for walks
>He is fucking violent
>They throw him out
>>
>>2246025
So much this. Those people are always going. "they only grow to the size of the container though!" completely untrue.
>>
I'd take up the whole thread with animal abuse. The anon from Mexico has pretty much the same shit I get in Miami. But literally no one here knows how to keep, or be around any animals at all. It's almost hard to go anywhere. Petstores especially. I'll tell greentexts later. I'm just passing time waiting for statistics to start.
>>
>>2245708
you are enabling him you fucking tard. Stop taking care of your brother and make him take care of his own shit
>>
>>2246650
I live in Colombia and here is the same shit.

>Uncle has two dogs, the female is a labrador and german shepherd mix, and the male is some shar pei mix
>The dogs are malnourished as fuck. The last time I went, the male was eating a bird the caught because he was hungry
>They live in the backyard, which it's just concrete with junk lying everywhere
>Uncle don't even want to neuter the female so the dogs keeps having puppies
>Also the male is kinda violent and always kills the puppies

I told him that they could give the dogs to someone else who wants to keep care of them, but he said "no, because they keep away robbers".
>>
>>2245708
find a new owner for the poor fella.your brother is a piece of shit.
>>
>>2245716
>>2245731
>>2246936
The only problem I see with trying to sell the critter is someone is always home. And wouldn't it be obvious I sold it or did something to it? I don't think it's legal here to steal people's property and sell it. Even if I did manage it, it's a very sketchy sale and I think any decent keeper would be a little spooked by the shady dealings.

>>2245738
I'm friends with the landlord, he comes over fairly often to shoot the shit.

>>2245739
To be fair, I think the little guy has lived over half of his life by now.

>>2246838
>>2245714
I would just feel bad because the chinchilla will surely die if I'm not around to feed it.

>>2246024
I'm very surprised he's alive too. When I had him, I did see him eat his poop sometimes. Maybe he survived off of that for a while? He has a wooden house to chew but idk how helpful that would be. I think he might have broke a chinchilla record. I also don't know how long he was without food in the beginning. Could have been just a day or two, or another week.

I have another story about the same guy;
>Have kitten
>Spend a ton of time with the kitten
>Train the kitten to walk on harness
>Have brother over because he wants to go to a car show the next day, and I'm much closer to it
>Tell him multiple times to not let the cat out
>Tell him again right before I go to bed, he gets mad at me for telling him so often
>Put cat in spare bedroom
>Wake up next morning
>Make coffee, make breakfast, take shower
>I comment that the cat is unusually quiet, she generally greets everyone once they get out of bed
>Brother- "oh yeah I let her outside"
>You fukin what m8
>"Like, 5 hours ago"
>Kick him the fuck out while I look for my cat
Never saw her again
>>
>>2246597
They don't have the money ;^)

It's only a temporary thing until I get my next job in a few weeks because I have the time and I have the money currently.

Another thing is I honestly feel bad for the kids. I don't want them to grow up irresponsible with animals like the parents. I also want to teach the boy to be a little bit more outdoorsy because he's a little bitch right now.
>>
>>2246991
As people have already said, you're enabling your idiot, asshole brother by letting him walk all over you. You need to set proper boundaries and stick with them. You don't need toxic people like that in your life
>>
>>2246990
Dude, just re-home the chinchilla and casually tell your brother like it's NBFD. Act like you did him a favor. Stay cool and move on to another subject. You're letting this guy have waaaaay too much power over your happiness. For serious. He obviously a sick fuck who enjoys yanking your chain. Take the chain away.
>>
>>2245781
Budgies are gr8, m8
>>
I had a pet rock, before I accidentally set it on fire by putting it too close to a lamp.

Turns out it was a processed chunk coal.

I don't think I should get a living being.
>>
>>2246990
You should kill your brother.
>>
>>2246990
Your brother sounds like one of those people who will do horrible things to others and act like it's not a big deal. Honestly you could probably steal the chinchilla back with the same nonchalance he treats you with and he wouldn't have a single leg to stand on. Unless he's one of those hypocrites who treats others like shit and then gets super defensive when someone does the same back to him. In that case, what he really needs is a good beating.
>>
>>2246990
0/10 brother, would never talk to him again
Now you just sound like a fucking pushover if you're babysitting for the fuckface trash that pretty much killed your cat. I wouldn't give a shit about the chinchilla at this point, I'd just BYE the fuck out of that relationship. Shit is NOT salvageable after he killed your fucking cat. How are you still doing favors for this guy? Oh look, other people are catching on and you're being a tard >>2246993, >>2246838, >>2247089, >>2247120.
>>
>neighbors get dog
>okay
>they put it in a kennel
>literally never see this dog outside of the kennel, not once in the 3 months they've owned it
>it barks all the time
>whenever I'm outside and I hear it bark, if they're outside I hear them yell at it to shut up or call it a bad dog

why even get a dog if you're going to lock it in a kennel and never do anything with it ?
>>
>>2247305
>w
newfag leave
>>
>>2247353
I change my name a lot :p
>>
>>2247345

>that feel when the dog is literally screaming for succor
>>
>>2245748
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
Talk your brother out of the chinchilla if you think you can and rehome it for him.
>>
>>2247567
Wow yea totally makes sense, nobody had thought of that before.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.