[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cons and expos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>missed the first and last reptile expo in my area
>No plant and garden exhibition that touches anywhere near where I live
>Taxidermy con has been dead for many years

I got shafted on that end.Can't find a single thing within a 4 hour drive of me. I don't imagine they'd be as popular as the anime and video game ones, but I'd still think they'd be pretty interesting. I'm not a fan of large crowds anyway.

Anyone ever go to an /an/ related convention or exhibition? Any you want to go to but haven't yet?
>>
I've always wanted to go to a pet expo but the local ones sound lame. Just local pet stores shilling what they have had for years. Literally they only advertise pet food, grooming tools, and training.
>>
My dream is to attend Tinley Park expo some day. So fucking sick of all 3-4 of my local herp expos stacked to the rafters with meme ball pythons and garbage like hand made dish towels with cresties sewn onto them. There's seriously a table for Bath Fitters or like Gutter Guards at my local shows every single time, that's how lame it is.
>>
Went to the Animal Expo in Ventura County like 2 years ago..

Mainly loitered in their reptile area because everything else was basically merchandise from pet stores.

Saw some cool stuff but mostly BPs and tarantulas and centipedes/millipedes.
>>
I went to a reptile expo a while back to get some tarantulas. All of the stock was in bad shape and didn't look very healthy. Also none of the tarantula vendors were very knowledgeable or friendly.

2/10 would go again
>>
I was thinking of going to the All Maryland Reptile Show on the 5th of November. But it's an hour drive away, I'm not sure of it's worth it especially from what I'm hearing in this thread. I'm also not looking to buy, just looking to look. Has anyone been to that expo before? Is it worth the commute?
>>
I go to terraristika in hamm and houten pretty often, which are the largest ones in europe.

it's mostly ball-pythons and leopard geckos t b h
>>
I go to the Whiteplains Reptile Expo in NY a lot. It happens every 4 months or so and I go to the Long Island one. It's mostly leopard geckos , cresties and ball pythons.
Every once in awhile there's something different and some good deals but I just go because I like to see what all the breeders are up to and what there is. It's nice if it's close enough that you can buy /an/ animal and pick it up rather than ship it.

I'd love to go to the really big ones but they're not on the north east coast to my knowledge.

I'd also love to go to some kind of bird convention be it parrots or raptors.
>>
>>2245922
I wish they were more popular in general. I'd love to go to a big expo but at this point I'd settle for anything
>>
Might not be as related, but when MACNA came to Miami, I had to go see it. It was pretty legit too, all the corals looked nice, and I was able to meet the people in the show Tanked. They were actually pretty chill and nice.
>>
>>2245922
Hamburg show has a decent variety.
>>
>>2244927
Its where I got my Damon diadema. I wish giant snails and phasmids were legal here. But maybe ill get an assassin bug or centipede next month
>>
I'm probably going to the American Reef and Reptile expo in November (it's the only one near me), would be my 1st time visiting such kind of expo. Largely just want to see what's there out of interest (and try not to impulse buy something) but also might help a friend get a blue tongue skink
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.