[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My new house has a ton of garter snakes under and around it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5684.jpg (119KB, 300x202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5684.jpg
119KB, 300x202px
My new house has a ton of garter snakes under and around it. How do I get them to fuck off? I'd rather not kill them I just want them to go away.
>>
>>2243708
I lived around garter snakes for about 13 years. One nest I found in my barn early on, another was found several years later.
As long as I kept my grass cut, property cleaned up, and I had woodlands or pasture close by, I never seen them.
Sure, I ran over a few with the mower, seen a few carried off by red tails, but other than that they were the 2nd best pest deterrent I know off.
>first is keeping your shit picked up
>>
>>2243708
I guess you'd need to get rid of their food source first.
>>
>>2243722
>>2243723
Yeah I never even saw them until I first cut the grass(tall and out of control) and got rid of all the random wood piles. I guess they're just scrambling to find new hiding spots?
>>
>>2243752
Sure. One nest I had was underground, where another house was burnt and buried.
Because of cropland I had lots if field mice around me, very few made it to the house.
I never had a problem with them. Sure I would get startled if one surprised me, but the vast majority of the time they either stay real still hoping you don't see them, or take off to safety as soon as they can. I had absolutely no problems living with 1 or 2 active nests of garter snakes on about 5 acres of ground.
>>
Why would you want them to leave?

What the fuck?
>>
>i moved to the country because "i like nature" but now i'm over it and want nature to leave

go back to the city.. there's no nature there! what's wrong with you?

you're literally my least favorite kind of person
>>
>>2243708
God I hate people who just automatically despise all snakes.
They don't hurt you and they keep pests away.Use your brain.
>>
>>2243708
I guess we could start with why you want to get rid of them? They're harmless, rarely seen unless you look for them, and make good pets if you feel up to it.
>>
>>2244231
>>2244237
>>2245086
>>2245319
My wife has an irrational fear of all snakes, that's it. I don't understand since she grew up in rural areas all her life.

I caught around 10 of them and let them go about a mile up the road in the woods. If I see one outside when she's not out there, I just leave it alone.

Sorry if I sounded pissed the other day, I just didn't want to argue with her about leaving the house over fucking garter snakes. Moving was enough of a pain in the ass.
>>
>>2246436
Beat her, it's your responsibility as a husband.
>>
>>2246436

Personally, I've always favored manual removal/relocation when it comes to garter snakes.

They're fairly easy to catch. I just let them go in some other area, with trees and streams and fields and such.
>>
>>2243708
Just move to a new house.
>>
>>2246436
Use the snakes to help you two get over her fear of snakes(talk to her about it first, and be firm). Think of it as a godsend, and not an inconvenience.
>>
>>2246562
even better, capture the king garter snake and throw it on her when she's sleeping.
>>
I love those fuckers. They eat annoying cave crickets so they're welcome at my place
>>
>>2246436
How the fuck would you marry someone who dislikes cute little snakes?
>>
>>2245086
Brain? Wemen brain? Whaaaat? >>2246562
So rational and kind. Oh my.
>>2243708
Mostly, tell her to stfu. Why put your logic and good sense aside to indulge her weakness and idiocy? Or does she crave hemorrhagic fever incurred from the local mouse population?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.