[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pedals the Bipedal Bear killed by hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

File: 1476631771401[1].jpg (118KB, 636x709px) Image search: [Google]
1476631771401[1].jpg
118KB, 636x709px
https://youtu.be/_vqI_jC_qcY

http://www.khou.com/mb/news/local/animals/pedals-the-tall-walking-bear-apparently-killed-by-hunter/336429017

Thoughts? Is it true black bears are harmless to humans?
>>
Well the guy is an asshole for shooting such a famous bear that a lot of people loved when he could have shot a different one no one cared about. But if he got his permit legally and is authorized to hunt he's not really at fault for anything other than being an asshole.
>>
HE A GOOD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>2243230
The bear was a nuisance.
He should have been relocated years ago.
>>
>>2243244
This. People get so ass blasted when people legally do things. Because it hurts there fee fees. Them people who have never cared or heard of the bear get angry. Just like the people who never heard of the Great Barrier Reef.
>>
>>2243245
you're objecting to the concept of morality and are arguing in favor of environmental degradation on all scales
>>
To be fair just because it was an old injury he could have been in a lot of pain. Bears aren't meant to walk like that so often. He was probably riddled with arthritis.

Black bear hunting isn't uncommon in NJ either. The population blows up pretty fast. I do feel bad for the people who were willing to put the money into just relocating him but I think this bear would have had an even slower death.
>>
>>2243230
I'm surprised the authorities thought letting a large injured predator roam around a neighborhood was a good idea.
>>
>>2243230
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America
>>
>>2243230
>There are many hunters who feel Pedals should have been taken to sanctuary, many who felt he should have amnesty from the hunt, many who would never think to kill him and many who saw first hand when he was brought in to Greenpond station on Monday. These people were kind enough to share details with us.
>PEDALS IS DEAD. The hunter who has wanted him dead for nearly 3 years had the satisfaction of putting an arrow through him, bragging at the station. The very place where they weighed him, examined his legs, confirmed it was "the bi-pedal". Where there were two biologists on hand taking many many pictures. PEDALS IS DEAD.
>For the hundreds and thousands of animals lovers who were following his story, I am sorry that we have this sad news to bring to you. PEDALS is at peace now because his beautiful soul left his body when he was killed. The NJDEP and F&W really don't have a heart. They let this happen. They could have been the good guys by helping him to get to sanctuary. Instead they did nothing. They ignored the calls when there were real time sightings, only to call back days later to ask where he was. They have tip toed around this whole thing with lame statements that were very open ended, they have lied. Most recently they said they would not be able to tell if it was him on their "public statement" and it took them two days to come up with this statement. This can not be fixed but perhaps we can make a change to how wildlife is treated in this state. You can voice your opinions by emailing and cc'g each one of these people:
>>
>>2243230
these fags wouldn't care if a non-mammal got killed.
>>
>>2243230
>Is it true black bears are harmless to humans?
Sure. Go and pet one, they're very nice guys.
>>
>>2243284

There hasn't been a single death due to a black bear this year, 1 in 2015, and 2 in 2014.

They seem pretty harmless to me.
>>
>>2243317
That's not was harmless means, and again having a large predator that is injured and running around a neighborhood, with no fear of the people there is a bad idea.
>>
>>2243317
>death
This all retards focus on.
What about all the people who were mauled and "only" have scars across their face?
What about the people who had $5,000 worth of damage done to their car?

You're the same dumbass that will say "don't kill rattlesnakes, they only cause 5 human deaths a year"- without thinking of the 8,000 people who spent a very painful and expensive couple of days in the hospital- or the countless pets and livestock who were killed.
>>
>>2243253
If it's legal it isn't degrading. Poaching does that. It was a legal kill meaning he had the tags and license to do so. Morals don't apply here.
>>
>>2243320
that's different. you shouldn't kill rattlesnakes because they mind their own fucking business. they only bite people who are retarded enough to go near them and not back off when they should. I bet most people who get bit because they were going out of their way to try and kill it.
>>
>>2243318
To be fair, I doubt it's likely for it to even kill you unless you tried
>>
>>2243328
It was in a residential area, meaning there are old people and kids around.
>>
>>2243320
http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/venomous_snake_faqs.shtml
>Fewer than one in 37,500 people are bitten by venomous snakes in the U.S. each year

Seems pretty safe to me. Those are pretty low odds senpai.
>>
File: lincolnsquirrel.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lincolnsquirrel.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>2243230
That picture immediately reminded me of pic related.
>>
regardless of the legality of it, the hunter was still a fucking moron.

hunters get enough undeserved flak as it is already, and he specifically targets the meme bear?
>>
>>2243362
the facebook posts says the guy had been wanting to kill him for 3 years

some hunters actually are just fucked in the head.

>undeserved
nah, they deserve it.
>>
>>2243325
>If it's legal it isn't degrading.
you're a literal fascist and a figurative bootlicker
>>
>>2243368
Whats wrong with wanting to put down a nuisance bear?
>>
>>2243362
Yeah that's one reason to hate the prick. He's been bitching about it and then brags when he does bag it. Wonderful way to make people hate hunters more.
>>
Wtf. Webms of the bear predeath?
>>
>>2243414
Are you too retarded to watch the youtube video and make your own?
>>
>>2243444
Partially. I won't be able to make good quality webmaster.
>>
>>2243335
If you live in New York, your odds are extremely low.
If you're a farmer, your odds are a lot higher.
>>2243326
When there's a 5 foot rattler on your lawn you're just going to ignore it right?
>>
>>2243522
>When there's a 5 foot rattler on your lawn you're just going to ignore it right?
I tried to feed it
>>
>>2243325
>something cannot be damaging to the environment if it is legal
that makes no sense.
>>
>>2243325
it was legal to shoot bison by the hundred from a train in the old days and that was definitely degrading.

it is also legal to shoot anything on your property in self defense in most states - if there was a siberian tiger at your front door I wouldn't fault you for killing it but it would definitely be degrading.
>>
>>2243531
>>2243540
I don't know how it's up there but in Florida the bear hunts are only allowed a certain amount of kills, so you can harvest but not cause any real damage.
>>
>>2243245
>never heard of the great barrier reef
How the hell do you get past middle school like that
>>
>>2243230

Black bears should NOT be walking around the fucking neighborhood, first, and crippled bears are destined to starve to death, so this was a mercy kill, if anything. Imagine what would happen to a kid if "pedals" managed to get a hold of it out of desperation....

Good kill.

>Rebeccal Fishbein
>Fishbein

Go figure...
>>
>>2243238
Well, first post best post honestly. I dont have a problem with hunting and I'd like to go sometime but this was a really an asshole move.
>>
>Catch a fish
>Nobody cares

>Kill a rabbit
>Nobody cares

>Shoot a deer
>Nobody cares

>Shoot a normal bear
>Nobody cares

>Shoot a MEME-Bear
>"WE LIKED THAT ONE"

Idiots, the fucking lot of you.
>>
File: 1476593143819.png (586KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
1476593143819.png
586KB, 637x510px
>>2243658
I agree, everyone upset over this overgrown meme rat is fucking retarded.
>>
If these people liked him so much they should have moved him to an unpopulated area
>>
it's another
>this animal exhibits slightly human traits so we sympathize more with it than another animals
episode

oh boy
>>
File: 635933563515010718.jpg (1006KB, 3066x2300px)
635933563515010718.jpg
1006KB, 3066x2300px
>>2243750
>meme rat

lmao
>>
File: doggo.jpg (207KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
207KB, 1200x825px
>>2243768
this animal exhibits slightly human traits so we sympathize more with it than another animals

oh boy
>>
>using "MEME" in your argument

Next thing you know /an/ will say caring about your pets is retarded bullshit because people only care for their personal MEME dogs while shelter dogs get put down.
>>
>>2243238
>>2243652
what if the bear wasnt standing at that particular time? how was he supposed to know? and anyway, why the fuck would be people love a bear just because he was walking upright? that bear wouldve killed anybody on sight. get your head out of your ass. a hunter killing a bear made the news because of retards like you
>>
>>2243374
>literal fascist
found the idiot who got his feelings hurt. look up what fascism means, retard
>>
>>2243362
>>2243385
>waahh wahh he targeted a specific bear that we liked for no fucking reason at all, instead of targeting another random bear that we dont care about
thats how you spot retards. fuck your bear. its a bear
>>
>>2243822
Don't they already say that though?
>>
>>2243822
false equivalency, retard. bears are not domesticated, will kill you on sight, and are legal to kill. pets are property. when a dog bites you, you kill it. a bear WILL bite you, so you kill it before it does. see how it works when you apply the minimal amount of logic to an argument before making it, you fucking idiot
>>
>>2243822
But the bear literally IS a meme, which is why it's significant to people than say a regular bear
>>
>>2243836
Aspie confirmed for never having been near a wild bear in their entire life
>>
>>2243828
>black bear
>being able to kill humans

A black bear is barely larger than a dog.

It might be able to kill a baby or a small child, but not an adult.
>>
>>2243834
How do you go through life without basic reading comprehension?
>>
>>2243522
Well, I ignored the copperhead that was outside my door and I'm still alive.
Like, I COULD have gone and shot it, but all it would mean is that I've got one dead snake, and a lot of live snakes that I won't see. It just means I have to not be a fucking idiot and go outside wearing wellies instead of thongs.
And not shove my hand into long grass like the fucking idiot in my state who's been bitten something like seven times, because she keeps gardening without gloves and grabbing hoses in the grass and then getting surprised when she picks up a snake instead of a hose.
>>
>>2243881
In NJ male black bears easily can get over 600lbs. Even females 300+. Theyre on average much larger than the west ones where adult sows can be as little as under a 100lbs.

The biggest shot in nj was 829lbs.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 480x469px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 480x469px
>>2243368
Hunting > people who buy meat from factory farms

Prove me wrong

You LITERALLY can't
>>
>>2243957
Do you keep you children locked in the basement?
Do you keep your pets in a crate indoors?
Do you never have anybody visit?

You're saying that you need to wear snake proof gloves and boots and leggings eveytime you go out into your yard?

>honey don't go near that live power wire hanging off the side of the shed. Its harmless as long as you don't touch it.

Your job as a man is to secure your home and remove dangers from loved ones.
And you failed.
>>
>>2243238
How could they even tell that it's pedald the standing bear when they found him lying down?
>>
>>2243820
but its not sympathized with because of human traits, its sympathized because its a lovable fuzzy pet that evolved alongside humans
>>
>>2243317
Tell that to the 3 people you're referring to
>>
The person who killed the bear, Pedals did it to hurt the followers of Pedals. This was a hate crime. The hunter wanted a Trophy. Black Bears are typically not aggressive, in fact, they are afraid of humans.
>>
>>2243881

a black bear killed a rutgers student hiking in a nature preserve in northern NJ just a few years ago. it's very rare for black bears to be dangerous to humans but it's not outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>2244933
>this was a hate crime
Except for the fact there was no crime committed.
Injured Black bears foraging in the suburbs around humans is never a good idea anon. In a perfect world animal control would have taken care of this problem long ago. We don't live in a perfect world, nor do we let emotions dictate important decisions.
>>
>>2244660
smartass
>>
>>2243230
It turns oit man was the real beast
:'(
dicks out
>>
>>2244080
I don't understand how people get pissed and rage when an animal dies but kill 5000 plants to make their cereal and they are perfectly ok with it. It was alive now it's dead, if being "cute" and dying actually bothers you more you're retarded
>>
>>2244836
What the stats don't tell you is that is was suicide by bear. They wanted to get mauled to death by a bear.
>>
>>2243335

>1 in 37500 per year
>there is 350 Million people in USA
> 9000 people bitten by snakes a year

wew lad
>>
>>2244836
I can't, they're dead silly.
>>
>>2245064
Because with the exception of root vegetables and few others, you don't kill a plant when you eat it. You take part of the plant, the rest keeps going, cereal grains included.
>>
>>2244080
That's only if they eat what they hunt.

I doubt the guy who killed the bear ate it.
>>
>>2245064
Dear lord you are stupid.

Nobody gives a shit about the ethics of eating plants because they're fucking plants. At least talk about the millions of bugs, rodents, snakes, etc that get killed yearly in most farming operations.
>>
>>2243230
"I have information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton"
>>
>>2243522
Of course I wouldn't kill it. They eat rodents and shot and it won't try to hurt me if I don't mess with it.

I hang out with venemous snakes in my backyard a lot. I like to watch the cute little babies, and the adult just watches me to make sure I don't do anything retarded

Also rattlesnakes have rattles for a reason. They let you know they are there and if you don't fuck off your an idiot.

Again I think most people who get bit are the ones who see a rattlesnake and go over to try and kill it.
>>
>>2244080
As long as hunting is regulated to not mess up the environment I guess.

I think of cows and shit taking the blows so other animals don't have to die for us.

I mean, they are already domesticated for food, and don't really have a place anywhere else so it seems uneccesarry to still kill other animals

From an ethical standpoint I see what you mean about factory stuff though
>>
>>2244082
Damn your crazy. Wearing clothing that covers your skin is so hard.

TO BE A MAN YOU HAVE TO GO OUT OF YOUR KILL ANIMALS MINDING THERE OWN BUSINESS GRRRRR I'M TOUGH.

What faggot let's their pets outside unsupervised anyway? Don't tell me you have outdoor cats?

Don't send your toddlers outside without supervision either.
>>
>>2244933
>he dindu nuffin
>he wuz a good bear
>they shot him cuz he was black
>>
>>2245101
>9000 idiots in an overpopulated world earn a darwin award

I don't see the problem
>>
>>2243230
What a racist prick! This won't happen when Hillary gets elected! #BlackLivesMatter
>>
>>2245416
Chickens and pigs have much worse lives at factory farms and grislery ends at the slaughter house than wild animalsthat live a full life and die to a bullet
>>
>>2245362

>I doubt the guy who killed the bear ate it.
Why would you think that? Do you just not know anything about the lifestyle and you are speculating?
All the avid bear hunters I personally know hunt black bear, and damn sure enjoy the meat. Granted these bear are taken from a natural environment, not the fucking suburbs where the animal has been eating trash and god knows what else.
>>
Oh no an animal got legally killed.

Who. Fucking. Cares.
>>
>>2243325
So if killing a human child is legal, then I don't have to feel sad grinding an orphanage into hamburgers and eating them. Ok, well off to the streets I go.
>>
>>2243828
>>2243836
Have y'all ever actually been around a black bear before? they're actually extremely docile, and terribly afraid of humans. All you have to do is wave your hand and they'll run as fast as they can away from you. I found a statistic that comes in handy, only 61 people have died from Black Bear attacks since 1900. That's 0.5 deaths a year. to put that in perspective, 2.2 people die every year from FALLING VENDING MACHINES. Should we shoot every vending machine because it would kill us on sight? Please know what you're talking about before you post.

I'm totally okay with hunting bears, or even if it was out of defense if it was a different type of bear, but shooting a Black Bear because they're dangerous is like shooting a newborn puppy because you think it's gonna kill you.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.