[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: zebrafinch3.jpg (69KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
zebrafinch3.jpg
69KB, 768x768px
Hello anons of /an/, I'm in need of a bit of help.

My sister is thinking of purchasing two zebra finches. She has also considered getting a diamond dove.

Would you be willing to lend me some knowledge on these birds? I'd prefer advice from people who have owned these birds or have had some experience with them.

She's doing her own research, but I'm curious as to what you guys have to say about them.
>>
B- Bump...
>>
here's your advice: dont own birds you fucker.
>>
>>2242103
Finches are hands off kind of pets. If she just wants some pretty birds to look at, they're ideal. But it would be better to get a small group than just a pair, they're pretty social.
>>
Finches are the cutest birds but they suck as pets.
>>
Zebra finches are incredibly noisy, its not ear piercingly loud like a parrot, but they squeek all day long.
>>
The only reason birds are in cages is because they don't like you and they want to leave. They really do not want to be there with you.

The only thing being done is torcher to an animal that is meant to fly and be free.
>>
File: image.jpg (377KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377KB, 1280x960px
If you're going to get a bird get something that you can meaningfully socialize with. Conures, cockatiels, something that you can interact with. Finches as pets are more like a very loud aquarium.

Parrots are phenomenal pets you just need to make sure you can dedicate enough time to them. They're needy socially but when trained they're exactly what you'd want out of a shoulder buddy
>>
>>2242509
This.

On the other hand, diamond doves can be hand-tamed and are quiet, gentle, affectionate pets. Get at least a pair, though.
>>
>>2243669
I really want some doves, but I heard they poop everywhere.
>>
>>2242683
>implying that finches that OP doesn't adopt will fly free, or that they'd even survive if allowed to fly free

If OP can give them a nice home it is fine. Finches aren't interactive pets, so you absolutely must get more than one. They also need a nice spacious cage to fly around in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.