[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My little doggo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

well guys, today is my Bday, but ive been running all day with my doggy, she just had an injury and her leg bone is out of place, the tissue that glues both bones is no longer doing it work so the bone no longer stays on its place.
i was given 2 options, short versions are
1) put a nail to put the bone on its place
2)the other option, they cut a piece of the head of the bone, and let it grows new bone and new tissue so it can be joined more naturally

btw, the second option its like 1/3 of the first one's price

have you guys heard of thst procedure? the doggo walks normally after that?
>>
File: pp.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
doggo's picture for interests
>>
>>2241991
>>2241992

no idea about the procedure but i hope your doggo gets better whichever option you choose
>>
Today ill order pizza and go netflix marathon while little doggo stays on my bed next to me... she will even get to eat the pizza's borders that she loves :D

she was really scared yestarday and even trembling, but now she feels better and has a better mood, seems happier, even that she cant use that leg (its on bandages until we decide on the surgery and get the money)
>>
>>2241991

go with your vet's recommendation if you trust them

if you don't, switch vet
>>
I've had the second thing done to my dog. Removing the ball of the joint allows muscle to cover it and act as a natural cushion. It works but your dog will try to put less weight on that leg and you will need to excercise him when he recovers to build muscle in that leg.
But the best but most expensive option if you have a larger dog clinic nearby is to put in an artificial hip implant.

My dog had hip dysplasia on both sides because he's been putting more weight on the left side since the operation on his right hip his left one popped out too. We opted for the implant the second time and it worked far better. He could walk normally the same day of the operation and hadn't had any issues since.
>>
>>2242329
To be clear though, your dog will always have the risk of popping out the other hip too, no matter what you do.
>>
>>2242350
Thanks For the advise
>>
File: IMG_20161018_191113.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_191113.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Doggo is back from surgery and its looking good. We expect a full recuperation on just weeks, we went to the second option. Vet said that as is a small dog, there would be no problems and she will be running and jumping in no time
>>
>>2245255
Good luck with rehab OP. Look and see if there are any dog therapy pools in your area. There's one near me that does underwater treadmill, electrotherapy, swimming, etc. Exercise underwater will help your dog recover more gently
>>
File: IMG_20161015_123529.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161015_123529.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>2245291
Thanks, too bad there are none on my city. But already have the rehab appointments on the vet so it will be taken care of
>>
File: shit assed little bark machine.png (982KB, 700x1009px) Image search: [Google]
shit assed little bark machine.png
982KB, 700x1009px
>>2241992
its a literal shit assed little bark machine!
>>
>>2245423
Indeed It is. Thats what we love
>>
File: IMG_20161019_080643.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_080643.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
New day.
>>
>>2245663
How is doggo? Hope she's feeling better
>>
File: IMG_20161019_184300.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_184300.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>2245712
She Is better. After givin the medicine and aplying some medical cream on the scar she looks livelier
>>
>>2241992
Faggot ass lap dog tbqh
>>
>>2246083
More like total bros. Don't knock it till you have owned one. Bichons have excellent personalities and are very clean if looked after properly. Just like any other breeds it comes down to training and socialization. I had labs and chow chows growing up, I thought we'd get a lab once we were ready for a dog. The neighbor had a bichon and she was so chill and smart. Then she past away and we decided to get a bichon too. Best decision ever. Wouldn't trade him for the world.
>>
She is a great an loving doggo.
Also she keeps mutual company with my grandma at house when we are all working. She is a bit too much pampered
>>
Awww cute doggo.
I hope she takes it easy with that leg for now. Good luck taking care of her anon!
>>
Doggo its now walking again and full of energy. Is not running yet but things are looking good for her, it seems everything will go smoothly for her :D
>>
>>2246605
Good! I hope you get many more healthy years out of her!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.