[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: 1476392877189.jpg (973KB, 1411x884px) Image search: [Google]
1476392877189.jpg
973KB, 1411x884px
Can we all agree that veganism is a mental illness and those that actually care about the environment should distance themselves from them as far as possible?
>>
>>2241165
got a cardiary infraction myself while reading this
This shit canĀ“t be serious, right?
>>
>>2241165
Is vegetarianism okay? I think veganism is retarded but I have no problem with vegetarians.
>>
>>2241166
After reading her post I almost believe it's satire. But I don't think it is.
>>
>>2241166
yes, because we all know what well balanced and logical individuals vegans are

>A 14-month-old Italian baby, who was reportedly fed a vegan diet, has been removed from his parents after arriving at a Milan hospital seriously malnourished.
>Blood tests revealed the child, who was born in May 2015, was severely malnourished with calcium levels barely adequate to survive.

>It is not the first time that vegan diets have provoked alarm in Italy. Four children have been hospitalized within the last 18 months and a malnourished toddler spent several days in intensive care in a Genoa hospital last month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/10/italian-baby-kept-on-vegan-diet-taken-into-care-after-being-foun/

>>2241173
Vegetarianism is okay, especially the ovo-lacto kind (eggs and milk can be eaten)
>>
File: 1414268505118.jpg (974KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1414268505118.jpg
974KB, 3000x2000px
>>2241165
>Can we all agree that veganism is a mental illness

Yes just like leftism and the lgbtbbq garbage.
>>
>>2241165
Oh man, I can't wait for someone to notice veganism *really* is a brain disease and that there are pills to actually make you normal.
>>
File: mustard-selection.jpg (46KB, 560x340px) Image search: [Google]
mustard-selection.jpg
46KB, 560x340px
Vegans as vocal and hipster as they are only ruin their own lives.

You really need to worry about anti-GMO shits. They are neo-luddites and go against 10,000+ years of cultivation by insisting that any form of technology must be bad by just simply holding up signs of an apple being injected by some evil looking syringe and don't listen to anything or anyone else. They have managed to influence government decisions and then everyone suffers.
>>
>>2241165
>old friend
>lose contact for a while
>reconnect
>he's lost a ton of weight and most of his hair
>his skin looks flaky and his eyes are sunken
I honestly thought he was going through chemo but no he became a vegan. Why? Because his GF did.
>>
>>2241165
Those kind of people latch onto all kind of things to make themselves feel special. I don't know when did it go this way, that instead of writing a book about animal people, you become the animal people. I like art people but I don't really understand them.
>>
veganism only works for females and numales since they aren't physically active anyway.

>inb4 vegan bodybuilders.
those require so many supplements you might as well not be vegan to begin with.
>>
new age vegans sure. But there are vegans who where by choice before all the nu age shit. They don't push their lifestyle on to others and you shouldn't either.
>>
>>2241191
Haha guys here's a image of things I don't like that were made entirely under the laws and philosophy of the right. Man the left is garbage amirite xd
>>
>>2241484
This times a million
>>
>>2241484
It's the same people that want to stop nuclear fusion because it has the word nuclear in it.
They don't understand, they don't want to understand.
>>
>>2241508
Germany wants to ban GMOs and Nuclear energy

It's pathetic
>>
>>2241165
I mean, it is nice that some people don't eat animals, but most of these people are too arrogant.
>>
>>2241165
Holy crap is this real?
>>
>>2241510
Nuclear energy in Germany is already planned to be phased out until 2022.
I can at least kinda see why people are afraid of nuclear power, sure. Their concerns might be rather stupid but at least I understand them.
Nuclear FUSION is something entirely different. They have NO idea what it is or how it works and what "risks" are associated with it yet they still want to ban it because it sounds like something they have to be against.
Same for GMOs but even worse. People in general have absolutely no fucking clue what the actual concerns are (there are some but those are easily eliminated) they just have been told "it's evil" and that seems to be enough.
Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>2241523
lol no
But we're reaching a point where satire and reality are becoming very close. That is the point at which these trends always die. I'm looking forward to the next 10 years, all this sjw and vegan crap will be over soon.
>>
It's just a bandwagon crazy people like to jump on. I have a vegan friend and she's fine and chill and healthy, and DOESN'T force feed people her logic. She also has a rabbit instead of a cat and he's an awesome little bun.

We're both looking forward to more studies on that invitro meat.
>>
Theres nothing wrong with veganism as a thing. Sure there are batshit crazy vegans, but there are plenty of normal ones too. The ones spouting insane bullshit get all the attention though because no one cares when all the reasonable people don't bother anyone.
>>
>>2241510
Germany is dumb.
>Bans nuclear energy, shut downs all plant.
>Buys electricity from France, produced by nuclear plants.
I bet the French will open up nuclear plants in Alsace-Lorraine soon, just to sell to Germany.
>>
>>2241543
While I don't personally agree with those who say it, one can go to prison for years in Germany for denying the holocaust.
Again, I'm absolutely not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying it's absurd and a slippery slope.
>>
>>2241552
This
>>2241622
That came outa left field
>>
>>2241484
my problem isn't with genetic modification in and of itself, my issue is with a handful of companies developing what looks like will turn into a monopoly on life. Want carbs? don't like starvation? well the only thing left on earth that's legal to cultivate is our super-de-duper brand firework freedom funtime (tm) wheat.

sure, the cultivar tastes like ass and costs 80 bucks for a kilo of the stuff, but you're hungry and we have the only available strains of wheat left
>>
>>2241497
Most vegan body builders eat meat during their on season anyway.
>>
>>2241165
you can be a vegan if you put yourself on planned out feeding schedules to get the adequate nutrients. you can't just say "hurr I'll just eat like normal, but without meat" though.

I think vegans are dumb, but it's just natural selection if they get themselves killed.

I love chickens, but I still eat them.
>>
>>2241510
damn, first refugees and now this. to think i wanted to visit germany one day.
>>
>>2241502
except it is a result of the left. I grew up in a poor black city, and it was only the democratic, black mayors who kept it poor and shitty with no education.

the more they think they are oppressed, the more they will vote for whoever says "lol I'll fix it this time I swear."

they are trapped by the left and the welfare state.
>>
>>2241622
>>2241750
I think he is just adding on to the ridiculousness of germany.
>>
>>2241997
are you retarded? the gmo produced stuff is much more efficient in numbers, and organic things are the ones that cost more.
>>
>>2242050
Except companies like Monsanto purposely make deficient mutants that only grow in their special (TM) expensive fertilizer that also fucks your ground so nothing else will ever grow on it. The plants themselves might be more efficient but your average poor african farmer will not make a profit with them. He buys those once and sells his soul to that company.
>>
>>2241165
>humans shouldnt eat meat
>literally the first thing habilis does is try to use rocks to kill animals to eat them.
>>
>>2242072
GMO is basically just plant eugenics. It could be so great, bit it also has the possibility of being used in the wrong way: Like with what you said about Monsanto.
>>
>>2242072
Dude...I've been growing genetically modified veggies in my backyard for the last five years with just basic composts like leaf litter and worms. The plants always do great, produce a lot, and no, don't destroy the soil.

Learn to check sources before you go spouting bullshit, god you're retarded.
>>
>>2242250
You're not growing wheat or rye in your backyard you fucking moron.
You clearly have not understood something.
>>
>>2242250
You think those are the same they sell to third world countries?

how fucking stupid are you
>>
>>2242375
>muh evil monsanto :(((
>>
>>2242378
Is that a counterargument or not? It's something they do to increase their profits. If they just sold fertile heat and pest resistant crops they'd quickly run out of customers. That'd be rather stupid now, would it?
>>
>>2242380
no I don't really get what the issue is here.

you're saying their fertilizer fucks up the soil? it's fucking africa, the soil is shit to begin with.
>>
>>2242381
Ya that's why Monsanto worked so hard to modify strains of -drought resistant- plants, so that poorer countries could grow their own food. I'm sorry, but as far as I know, no one else is trying as hard to solve the world hunger issue, and organics are too fucking costly to do properly.
>>
>>2242381
That was another anon. He's partly right though, they sell (magnesium?) deficient mutants that need special magnesium enriched fertilizer to grow, obviously. Not sure what that does to the soil.
Also the crops they sell are obviously not fertile so you have to rebuy seeds every year.

Is it evil they sell this stuff to third world countries so the farmers that buy into this are basically dependent on them? That's a matter of opinion. But that they act like they're the saviors of the third world is quite scummy in my opinion.

I'm not against GMOs at all. The opposite actually. They need to remove all of these restrictions but that would hurt their precious profits.
>>
>>2242384
Monsanto sends me a lot of free seeds, most of them work fine with regular fertilizer.
>>
>>2242385
I don't think either of those facts are true, I think they are rumours.
>>
Veganism is simply a personal philosophy or even a religion. If people keep it to themselves i don't give a shit.
>>
File: 1476303751115.jpg (147KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
1476303751115.jpg
147KB, 800x832px
>>2242385
all those 'poor farmers' probably have 17 sons living off welfare in germany and half of them are part of a terrorist cell.
>>
>>2242385
>>2242388
That's done so the GMOs don't spread into the normal ecosystem. And there are two separate systems in place in the crops they sell to third world countries because no one there gives a fuck so they need to minimize the chances of their crops escaping by random mutations.

>implying anything would happen anway
These plants had to be engineered and they need the constant attention of farmers to keep them going. They wouldn't outcompete shit in the wild. These restricitions are there because "muh evil GMOs" not because Monsanto is run by satan.
>>
>>2242384
There's institutes like the IRRI trying to create new breeds and releasing them. Some with hybridizing like people've been doing since forever, some with GMO.
>>
File: 1476407029753(1).jpg (41KB, 450x331px) Image search: [Google]
1476407029753(1).jpg
41KB, 450x331px
>>2241165
Would you eat???
>>
>>2243207
Eww no.
But grandma cooks a mean chicken. Those are okay.
>>
>>2243207
No one actually buys and eats this shit, you stupid vegan.
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149879/Japanese-man-22-cooks-genitals-serves-paying-dinner-party-guests.html

Can we all agree that eating meat is a mental illness and those that actually care about the environment should distance themselves from them as far as possible?
>>
>>2243207
Absolutely not. But only because I was raised to be really careful about chicken because of campylobacter. Had an MD as a parent, so they saw food-borne illness periodically, and made sure we were safe with our food.

I only eat chicken fresh (within three refrigerated days of death) and completely cooked by either myself or someone whose cooking I trust implicitly.

Never from a restaurant, in hospital, cafe, pre-cooked in-store. Definitely not from a can or packet.
>>
>>2241484
I wouldn't have a problem with anti-GMO people if they would stop being so alarmist about it.
There are legitimate potential problems like genetically modified fish accidentally getting into the wild and fucking shit up, but those problems aren't as simple and easy to sell as "THIS TOMATO WILL KILL YOUR CHILDREN"
>>
>>2242250
Um your tard is showing sir.
>>
>>2243207
Yes.
>>
>>2242384
Anyone gonna talk about the fast growing salmon mutations that will be hitting the market and can reporoduce with wild salmon. Goodbye ecosystem of salmon. These things grow so fast they will outcompete wild, and eat too much to maintain balance with the wild.
>>
>>2244552
>Anyone gonna talk about the fast growing salmon mutations that will be hitting the market and can reporoduce with wild salmon. Goodbye ecosystem of salmon. These things grow so fast they will outcompete wild, and eat too much to maintain balance with the wild.
That is pretty unlikely. Either they'd need too much food and wouldn't do well, or or wouldn't grow fast enough or whatever else to outcompete wild stuff.

Could say the same about dogs.

>Anyone gonna talk about the fast growing wolf mutations that will be hitting the market and can reporoduce with wild wolves. Goodbye ecosystem of wolves. These things grow so fast they will outcompete wild, and eat too much to maintain balance with the wild.
>>
>>2244540
It shoul be more
THE LACK OF GENETIC DIVERSITY CAN LEAD TO VAST LOSS OF CROPS BECAUSE THEY SHARE THE SAME IMMUNE WEAKNESSES
or
GLOBAL ECONOMY CAN BE MANIPULATED MORE EASLY BECAUSE OF MORE PREDICTABLE FOOD PRODUCTION, INTENTIONAL UNDERMINING IS POSSIBLE
Or
THE WAY THE PLANTS ARE HERBICIDE OR PESTICIDE DEPENDANT IS USED TO SELL MORE COMPANY OWNED PRODUCT AND HURTS BEES AND ECOSYSTEMS

Or other is just. Long winded....
>>
>>2242375
Selling to those countries greatly increases their yields and feeds more locals
>>
>>2244554
But wolf dog hybrids are muddying pureblood wolf. Like in nature now.
>>
>>2241173
It's actually pretty common for milk and eggs to be the main protein and fat sources for indigenous people, and the only specific diet common among centenarians is lacto-ovo vegetarianism.
>>
>>2244559
Should make it illegal to breed or own dogs then?
>>
>>2244562
Maybe the wolf- dog hybrid should require a exotic pet licence and associated training.

Honestly though.

What a lame effort to reroute the conversation.
>>
>>2244557
And ONCE LAB MADE CROPS OUTCOMPETE NATIVE CROPS IN POOR LANDS FOR LONG ENOUGH THEY HAVE NOWHERE TO TURN.
Because their genetically diverse, if somwhat less productive crops that consistantly produce in hard contitions will be lost to mono genotype plants that as a whole have weaker adaptation ability. In a world where dryer weather is a thing that obscure crop in india can be grown in africa and sold as a trendy grain to the vegans and the haute for a upped price next month. Where a patented grain must be adapted better for your region at a arbitrary cost next year.
>>
>>2244789
Because functionally a genetically diverse crop is worth the buisness risk, the plants that dont make it wont be used for seed. Because they die. The ones that live are stronger. You can adapt years of crop to how your local weather and your personal care is.

This is the natural way to engineer, and you dont have to pay a company extra, you can use your seed next year, you can improve your strain.

With monogenotype, you can lose a whole crop to a weakness they all have, they require specific care to grow, and if your crop does well there is no option of using a portion for seed, the plants are steril.

Direct genetic engineering leaves a farmer renting what they grow. At a total loss if the strain falls sick or weak, or the weather is no good, instead of smaller loss with stronger seedstock.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.