[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PLANET EARTH 2!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Planet_Earth_(2006).jpg (132KB, 772x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Planet_Earth_(2006).jpg
132KB, 772x1095px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92bmDq2h92Q

GET HYPE
>>
Can't wait.
>>
I hope it's not going to be as meme as part 1.
>>
Oh shieeeet <3
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-10-14-02h14m42s24.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-10-14-02h14m42s24.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Does David surf 4chan?
>>
>>2241034
When I watched the trailer I got teary and thought: "you all are going to die".
>>
is the first one good
>>
>>2241658
No.

Yes you stupid fuck, go torrent it right now.
>>
>>2241602
Only an and out.
>>
File: 1475353546368.jpg (58KB, 493x549px) Image search: [Google]
1475353546368.jpg
58KB, 493x549px
>>2241034
That's a tiny planet you got in your poster there. Is that Earth 2?
>>
>>2241769
can i fug that gril in the pic pls?
>>
>>2241045
lets see you spend three weeks in a cave filled with bats, their shit, cockroaches, and venomous centipedes.
>>
Would be great to see in 4K.

Is there any word on the Blue Planet sequel that's supposed to be in the works?
>>
>>2241034
>Still narrated by Sir David the Great

Well, that makes me kinda happy, but he is 90 years old now. Shouldn't he be retired and just go enjoy his remaining years?
>>
>>2242283
>implying he isn't enjoying his remaining by doing exactly what he loves

Both his brothers died in their early 90s, so he's certainly aware of how little time he might have left.

He's absolutely isn't doing this just to make a paycheck. And it definitely isn't the BBC forcing him to when they want to (((diversify))) their documentary programming.
>>
I know for sure that Sir David's will be the only non-friend/relative death I'll feel like crying.
By just typing it I got fucking sad
>>
HYPE HYPE HYPE FUCK SEIZURE.
>>
>>2242283
That's the thing and part of what makes his documentaries outshine every other documentary.

He has such a passion for the natural world and creating documentaries on it that it shows through in his work. He's 90 yet he wants to keep on pushing out all he can before he leaves this world, he wants to keep on educating and keep on discovering and documenting. Rather than rotting in a care home waiting for the sweet embrace of death.
>>
>>2241034
NEED
>>
>>2242477
That and the experienced, extremely well funded, big, and not time limited documentary team of the BBC.
>>
It makes me sad that eventually when David passes away all the remaining documentaries will be the shit like Sharks: KILLERS OF THE SEA and other trash where they show a few shots of an aggravated animal and then cut to a "survivor" to tell their death defying experience of how they got into a fight with a bear or some shit.
>>
>>2242283
Dude still keeps active doing the odd speech and presentation, met him just a couple of months ago in Kew after the ICPS conference, he was even mingling
>>
Fuck yes!
>>
>>2241034
I bet it'll be narrated by a muslim this time
>>
>>2242283
It's his passion. That's why he's not stopping until he does die. He certainly doesn't go out in the field much, but he's doing extremely well for someone his age, and it makes it that much sadder when he does kick the bucket.
>>
>>2241034
Aw yiss
>>
>>2241658
no plont said it was meme
>>
>>2242817
luckily the old guy is still doing it
>>
File: 1440195252784.jpg (99KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1440195252784.jpg
99KB, 650x650px
hell yes
>>
>>2241628
Sad how people destroy everything in their path because of their endless greed, we can just wonder how more beautiful this planet would be without us. Sad shit
>>
>>2241045
you're a meme
>>
Are these documentaries educational at all? I don't really care for slow mos of a fucking bird beating its wings.
>>
>>2243553
Yes. Especially in terms of animal behaviours.

The best Attenborough documentaries are in my opinion Life in Cold Blood and Life in the Undergrowth.
>>
>>2241034
>For what purpose

I thought the first planet earth did a pretty good job covering everything.
>>
>>2243656
In 2006, Planet Earth really showed the world what potential high definition could be capable of, and set a leading role of what we should expect of it. Now, they're doing the same with 4K.
>>
Are they going to the same places?

I can't imagine they'll just film all the same biomes over again unless they add some crazy twist on the series (which hopefully would work out).
>>
>>2243761
No idea although they'll probably visit the same biomes but probably not the same specific locations.

This is also only 6 episodes whereas the original was 11. Judging by the trailer, they'll probably do an "Animals in Human places" episode (probably the last episode). And the first episode is almost always an introduction/general overview.

There's also a lack of aquatic scenes from the both the first and extended trailer. They're supposed to be working on a Blue Planet sequel as well alongside this Planet Earth sequel when both got announced in like... 2013.

So anything ocean related will probably be pushed into the Blue Planet sequel. I am curious though if freshwater habitats will be pushed there as well.
>>
>>2243539
I do not even have the traditional environmentalist view. Extinction would happen regardles. What I find sad is that it are especially the animals depicted in Planet Earth documentaries which are at risk and that it is potentially avoidable.

In a regular extinction they have at least some agency, I mean some influence on their part whatever they survive. Only mass extinction is mostly about luck. But the current extinction is really harsh. Species that are perfectly suited for survival have no chance, even the species that could potentially survive mass extinction seem at risk (say something like horseshoe crabs or crocodiles).

The only positive thing about what happens is that it opens up space for some species. Nature isn't fun: you could say that some species are 'oppressed' in the ecological system and by removing some species we are freeing others.

The documentary almost seems like a crude joke: people will watch it, like it, but at the same time continue to play their role in the demise of the species they watch - I think.

End of rant.
>>
>>2244290
Nature is always finding a way to make things work, I agree on thing you said about how the space is freed for other species which are oppressed. I guess the saddest part about this is that people emmit too much carbon, cut down the rainforests and forests in general, all the agriculture degradig the land by fertilizers and making the land less diverse. Guess things are just getting worse while the people are just gaining the number of populating. It must end somehow, but how it will happen, guess we won't find out in our lifetime
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.