[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit /an/ I just pulled four fucking ticks off one of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: Tick_Feeding_on_Cat.jpg (198KB, 398x302px) Image search: [Google]
Tick_Feeding_on_Cat.jpg
198KB, 398x302px
Holy shit /an/ I just pulled four fucking ticks off one of my cats.

I removed one off him two days ago but today I found four of the fuckers on the back of his neck!

I sterilized the tweezers with alcohol and clean the affected areas with hydrogen peroxide but I think there are still some tick heads under his skin.

I don't want him to get an infection or disease. What do?
>>
You gotta buy medication to kill all the eggs the same way you would do with fleas twizing will do jack shit also consider buying pesticide for your yard to kill whatever tick colony lives there or keep them away.
>>
>>2240732
keep your cat inside
>>
>>2240766
>implying cats can ever be happy when kept indoors permanently
>>
>>2240767
>implying cats can ever be happy when kept indoors permanently
>muh poor kitty :'(
kill yourself, toxo-zombie
>>
>>2240767
They sure as hell won't get four fucking ticks you idiot.
Keep your cat inside.
>>
>>2240767

>implying your cat will enjoy being outdoors when it gets ran over and internally bleeds to death in a gutter with broken legs.

You really wanna start this shit?

>outdoor cat lifespan: 1-5 years
Indoor: 13-17
>>
>>2240767
it's not difficult to entertain indoor cats. clicker training and treat dispensing toys are two ways to start.
>>
>>2240767
Ayy the community pet man
I sure hope you went around door to door in about a mile radius and asked everyone if they were cool with your pet shitting in their yards and potentially fucking up their outdoor furniture.
>>
Our cats are full of ticks in summer, the little wound won't be infected, trust me. Our cats have much bigger scars/ wounds from fights and being outside in general and they never had an infection.
>>
>>2241129
>clueless, shit owner giving out advice
It's like a child molester telling people how to properly care for children.
>>
>>2241201
Lmao why are you mad?
>>
>>2241204
>assuming I'm mad
Why? Because I used an adjective and it frightened you? It'll be ok little buddy, I'm not mad and nobody, or any strange words is going to hurt you.
>>
>>2241206
Well, you called me a shit owner. I would not say stuff like that without being mad so tell me why.
>>
>>2241209
you're a shit owner because you don't keep your animals under control

it's pretty simple
>>
>>2241211
I let my cats roam around outside, do you put yours on a leash or what?
Cat =/= dog
>>
>>2241213
i have lots of animals

all of them are under control

roaming around outside =/= under control

ergo you're a shit owner
>>
>>2240767
>implying cats have the ability to be happy or sad
>>
>>2241213
If you give a shit about your pet you keep it indoors or at the very least supervised when outdoors. You don't care if your cats get run over, get in fights, get killed, or get ticks. If you did they'd be inside. No one is angry that you're a shit owner because no one cares about cats; we are just stating the simple fact that you don't take responsibility for your animals.
>>
>Open thread to see if there's any advice I can give
>It's just 20 posts of angry catfag memery
>>
>>2241273
My cat is a 12 year old tortoise shell cat, it's outside half the day if not more hunting for moles or birds or lurking under a tree. Never once got a tick, not stupid enough to get run over. You're entitled to your opinion about how any outdoor cat is a case of animal neglect, just know it's a shit one.
>>
>>2241283
>well muh kitty is different
>therefore there is no problem with unsupervised, free roaming cats
I thought this was just classic shitposting and baiting.
Turns out this fag really is retarded.
>>
>>2241303
If you are some hoarding cat lady that has a dozen cats and they're all roaming around like assholes all day then yeah, that would be a huge problem. Never said it wasn't.

What I was trying to say before you started greentexting and throwing strawmen around was that a cat can go outdoors on a daily basis and not need "supervision" like some mongoloid.

Sorry about your shit tier indoor cat, douchebag. Especially if it has to put up with you all day.
>>
>>2241309
>what I was trying to say
What you was saying was that you justified being a shit owner to yourself, as well as defending your shit actions here.
Do what you want with your cat, I really don't care. When you get called out for your dumb shit it shouldn't surprise you,.
>>
>>2241309
Unless you own a wildcat, then yes, if you give a shit about your cat you will supervise it. If you don't, go ahead and let it roam free, no one cares when they flatten your shit pet with their car.
>>
>>2241283
Just because it hasn't gotten run over yet doesn't mean it's not stupid enough to get run over. All cats are stupid enough to get run over.

Also, you're a dick for letting your invasive pest kill native birds. You are the reason I trap and kill outdoor cats. Their owners are complete shit and never care about their pet or about other animals.
>>
>>2240732
What were your cats doing outside?

They probably have Lyme disease

GG
>>
>>2240767

That's why almost every cat I see flees in terror from every passerby or stray leaf.
>>
>>2240732
https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00I227TL6/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&qid=1476423767&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=zeckenhalsband%2Bhund&th=1&psc=1
>>
>>2241213
Don't listen to those faggots. We beat the Nazis, do what you want
>>
>>2241129
Why would you continue to let your pets outside I they are constantly getting hurt from fights. What the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>2241283
>letting your cat add to the mass killing of bids cats do each year
>>
>>2240732
>I don't want him to get an infection or disease.
>lets cat outside
Sorry about your double digit IQ
>>
>>2241283
>Never once got a tick
more like
>I am too stupid to notice ticks since I'm a terrible owner who shouldn't be allowed to keep any kind of animal
>>
speaking of ticks, has anyone had any hands on experience with animal safe pesticides for the yard, or at least have any advice when using unsafe pesticides (like how to ensure your pets stay safe, when to allow them back outside, etc.)?
>>
>>2241688
Shit happens. My cat is a dick if he's inside for too long, country living though
>>
>>2242002
Use sevendust or just google animal safe pesticides
>>
>>2242008
The only reason your cat would be a dick because it's inside is because 1)you treat it like shit and/or 2)you don't keep it occupied. So in other words you're a shitty owner just like every cat owner ever.
>>
>>2240732

get him one of those anti-tick solutions

they're nasty but better than getting ticks
>>
>>2240732

you don't pull ticks with tweezers, learn how to do it with just your nails or get one of those tick lasso tools, or preferably both
>>
>>2242010
Lmfao you obviously have never had a cat unless you're living in a fantasy land. My fuckinf cat has a clean litter box every fucking day, a bowl food, toys, and has a nice warm spot by the windowsill. He just wants to be outside at night to do whatever the hell he wants. He's neutered and has proper vaccinations AND fucking has a collar with info on it. My cat is well took care of you mouth breathing edge lord. Seriously get the fuck over yourself, not all cats wants to sit inside 24/7 some like it out.
>>
>>2240732
Remove them with your hands and put all in a toilet paper ball and fire them
>>
>>2242012

to add here you just apply it once and they're basically tick-free for the season, it's fucking magical. mid-september might be a bit late to bother though, not many ticks once the frost hits
>>
>>2242018
>lmfao gotta justify my shittiness strangers
>>
>>2242018
>too lazy to play with cat, have to abandon it outdoors unsupervised just so it's not bored out of its mind

Just another shitty owner. You shouldn't have pets if you're this lazy.
>>
>>2242018
>implying exclusively outdoor cats don't have collars
>implying a collar will keep your stupid fucking cat from getting run over or mauled in a cat fight

You need to stop thinking of your cat as a human that "needs" to go outside. I bet you never play with him to get his hunting energy out.
>>
>>2242064
Ostensibly you're not home 24/7 to watch your cat, you'd have a job or a fucking life or a family.

As an example, my aunt had 3 cats that she kept indoors, refused to let them out. They became neurotic fucking messes and guess what, they died early. Shocker, you coop an animal up in a house or a zoo their whole lives, it fucks them up.

A cat that goes outdoors during the day to do cat things and is instinctively smart enough to come back home every. single. time. is in a better position to survive than an indoor cat.

You know what's going to happen to your dumb fuck housecat when it does get outside? it's going to run off and instead of having situational awareness like a cat that is allowed outdoors, it's going to be lost forever. If you're so autistic that you can't grasp that being an outdoor cat isn't a death sentence then I'd say it's you that should never have pets.
>>
>>2242085
No one is saying never let a cat outside. It just needs to be confined or supervised. It isn't hard to catproof a fence if your cat prefers to play outside alone.
>>
>>2242078
Would you put a bear in your house and tell it doesn't "need" to go outside? they're fucking animals, shining a lazer pointer around or a feather with a bell on it doesn't cut it. This thread and the indoor cat people in it are mystifying to me, especially since every indoor cat I've ever seen has been a maladjusted nervous wreck.
>>
>>2242095
>comparing a bear to a domesticated pet

Thanks for confirming that cat owners are retarded.
>>
>>2242085
Outdoor cats get lost forever every day. They get ran over, poisoned, lost, killed, etc. you can't pretend that you do it for the well being of your cat when outdoor cats lives DRASTICALLY shorter lifespans (about 95% less). You do it because you're lazy and can't keep your pet occupied.
>>
>>2242118
>about 95% less
Well now you're just making shit up. They live an average of 0.85 years? Enough dude. You sound like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>2242143
Outdoor cats live an average of 1-5 years. That is a fact.

>inb4 hurr durr I know one outdoor cat that lived to 18 (and 20 that died before 3)
>>
>>2240789
What's your experience with clicker training? I'm looking into rescuing a cat and they gave me a pamphlet that mentions clicker training. I watched some (((youtube))) videos about it, but never have heard directly from someone who has tried it. Care to talk about your knowledge of it?
>>
>>2242008
He's a dick because he needs to be stimulated with play. He wants outside because you aren't doing that. Wow! Having a pet has responsibilities?!?
>>
>>2240766

>keep your cat inside

What and provide no evening entertainment for my Akita
She is normally an inside only dog but,
Spring to fall as the sun goes down she is at the door to head outside and wait for cats, my neighborhood is full of cats, some feral, got a few folks who feed them, and a lot of pets, people feel the need to let their cat roam, dogger wait for them and 7/10 she gets them, most are just chewed up, some get eaten, she sure does love cats, always enjoy seeing the signs up about missing cats, cats want to visit my yard that's great, dogger loves that fast food and free delivery
>>
>>2242091
This. Even if you keep them occupied, you or the cat are eventually going to want to do something else, and its most likely going to be the cat. As long as you keep your yard escape proof and tick/flea free, you should be fine.

Unless you have raptors in the area. Then you keep it inside so it doesn't get snatched off.
>>
>>2242443
Fucking retarded go let your dog out then. Have fun with your dead dog.
>>
>>2242018
You are an irresponsible owner

Not only is your cat killing many native species, he is also at risk Being hit by a car
>>
>>2242717
A dog is less likely to be carried of by a bird of prey than a cat. The only thing that applies for them that applies to cats is escape proofing your yard.
>>
>kerping cats inside
Fucking Americans.
>>
>>2244751
>keeping cats outside
Fucking braindead hippies.
>>
>>2243266
how many birds of prey do you know that can carry off a fucking full grown cat.

My cat once killed a fox and a falcon that were working together to try to trap it, tell your cat to stop being such a pussy
>>
>>2244980
bullshit

grow up
>>
File: cowrunes incoming.png (65KB, 1080x842px) Image search: [Google]
cowrunes incoming.png
65KB, 1080x842px
>>2241476
Where do you think you are?
>>
File: 1310062294657.png (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1310062294657.png
29KB, 400x400px
>>2244980
Son that's the biggest load of bullshit I've seen on this site.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.