[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best breed!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: bordercollie.jpg (50KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
bordercollie.jpg
50KB, 680x680px
I want to get a dog to stop my girlfriend from wanting a kid. What is the best breed known to man!
>>
>>2240400
You already posted it. Border Collies are based as fuck.
>>
>>2240402
Are they expensive or hard to find?
>>
If your gf wants a kid then a dog stop it. Most likely you will get a dog, them have a kid, and then you won't have time for the dog because kid.

If you don't want kids ever then dont date someone who wants them. You won't win this. Don't underestimate the paternal instincts. Even years later, they will blame you for not having a kid for them sooner and it will be a now or never thing. She wants kids. Give her one or find someone else, unless you do want them and just want to hold off. If it's never then gtfo.
>>
>>2240403
ANY dog is going to be expensive from a good, reputable breeder.

If you are worried about cost, then go rescue/adopt. Don't get a dog from irresponsible breeders. It will cost you more in the long run.
>>
>>2240413
Friendly reminder that adopting/and mutts does not always mean 'healthier'. Mutts can be a hit or miss. They could be fine, or inherit problems from one, or both parents. Whether you buy, or adopt, either a purebred or mutt - there is pros and cons. A mutt can go to total shit just as fast as a purebred BYB dog. Just went through some shit with my cousin's adopted dog who died at barely 2 years. 4k+ later, her corpse sent to multiple places - no one could tell us why she died. I have always adopted, had mutts and purebreds. Either way save up some money and put it away. Shit can go down with any dog very suddenly, and be prepared for it.
>>
>>2240400
You should get a cat then. She certainly won't want to get pregnant when she has toxoplasmosis.
>>
>>2240400
>What is the best breed known to man!
Well that title belongs to the Welsh Corgi, but you should look for a dog that appeals to your gf.
>>
>>2240400
You need to find the best breed for you and your gf. Don't get a dog because it's cute. Get one that fits your lifestyle.
>>
>>2240413
Got my dog, purebred registered working dog from a breeder for 300 dollars.

Most breeders are ripping you off with their prices.
>>
Labrador
>>
>>2240450
>Most breeders are ripping you off with their prices.
Wrong. SOME breeders sell their dogs cheap, and nobody in the community likes them but nobody can do anything because dog market isn't regulated. This can be bad for the breed in many ways, but of course we can't just tell people to pay more for what they can get cheaper. Just don't say that breeders are "ripping you off".
>>
>>2240450
>$300

backyard breeders usually don't bother researching lines, hereditary issues and the like properly so you get what you paid for, m8.
>>
>>2240400

flat coated retriever <3
>>
>>2240421
>She certainly won't want to get pregnant when she has toxoplasmosis
Can I laugh at this? I want to but I don't feel that it's appropriate, given that toxoplasmosis can trigger miscarriages.
>>
>>2240402
>Trusting a dumb bitch obsessed with spawning gremlins out of her cavity with a collie
>>
>>2240408
This. I don't feel like you should be getting a dog as some kind of substitute for a baby, OP, you should be thinking about the long-term life goals of you and your gf.
>>
It's one specific thing that attracts women, it's the thought of pregnancy, birthing, raising a child that is yours and hers, the experiences and knowledge you pass to that child, watching them grow up, and just basic biology pushing us toward having children.

That said just talk to her about how you don't really want one.
>>
>>2240400
>What is the best breed known to man!

You're very close with your picture OP. Get a Rough/Smooth Collie that is >2 and you will be set.
>>
>>2240400
if you really want a dog don't choose it like a cool lifestyle product, choose it through some criteria

how much time do you have?
are you an active person?
how much space do you have?
in which climate do you live?
do you like dog smell, doghair?
does the dog need to have properties next to being a dog?
etc
>>
>>2241096
I agree. I see too often that once a baby becomes involved, the family dog is given away on Craigslist.
>>
>>2241212
>dog is given away on Craigslist.
>triggered
>craigslist.com/pet
There goes my night.
>>
File: 6565765.jpg (102KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
6565765.jpg
102KB, 625x415px
>>
Get a golden retriever
>>
File: IMG_1967.jpg (76KB, 645x858px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1967.jpg
76KB, 645x858px
>>2240400
Literally a kid is the best pet and they grow up to turn into a human and if you do it right they can support you when you're old. Literally why wouldn't you want a kid?

>Tfw too smart to own a non human pet
>>
>>2243387
I really doubt an adoption center will allow a single male, registered sex offender, to adopt a kid.
>>
basset hound of course
>>
>>2243412
adopting lol
just kidnap a 1 year old super ez
>>
need advice on what breed would be a good fit for me /an/:

* I'm looking for a running buddy, I'm big into marathon running
* I'll be living alone, so I'll be available to spend time training and exercising the pup
* I'll be living in a suburb situation with a fenced in yard
* I've had a little bit of experience training my parent's golden retriever (easy mode, I know)

so far I've been looking into a australian cattle dog or a canaan dog, would like some advice from some owners
>>
>>2244432
Most rescue orgs will let you take the dog and see how it fits into your life for a while with no restrictions on bringing it back if it doesn't work out. I've never heard of a breeder doing the same.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.