[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitbull?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 15

File: tmp-cam-1866805640.jpg (122KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmp-cam-1866805640.jpg
122KB, 640x400px
What's their appeal anon? Aside from those badass wannabe, i don't see what's so good about having them.
>>
>>2236900
You get to prove to the world that pitbulls are friendly and lovable all whilst putting those around you at risk
>>
>>2236931
This. Also normies think their mouthes look like smiles and project human emotions on dogs.
>>
>>2236900
It's like being vegan, you get to tell the whole world your life choices
>>
>>2236900

Only internet-tough-guys make a fuss about how many lions their dog could take on at once. They are the vast minority. Most of /an/ is not really like that, thankfully.

A dog is a dog. Some are a little faster, some are a little smarter, some are a little bigger, but at the end of the day they're all companions.
>>
>>2236972
I have to admit the pic i posted look like one

>>2236980
I wish i could say that. But tbqh Pits seem to be a bit more dangerous and just a time bomb waiting to explode. If you have any experience having them how do you deal with it?
>>
>>2236900

We sort of wound up with one on accident. I honestly thought they had locking jaws and sudden bursts of aggression, so I asked the vet when we took him for his first round of puppy shots. He basically told me that it's complete bullshit; dogs that seem to 'snap' have been taught that any signs of discomfort lead to punishment so they skip them and go straight to attack.

Basically, he told me not to be a fucking retard. Socialize him, train him daily, get him neutered, and don't fucking leave him alone with small babies or let random people grab his face like he's a stuffed animal.

I love my dog; he's fantastic. However, I'm not about to pretend that he'd tolerate being dressed up and forced to pose with small animals or babies for pictures. I think that's where a lot of people with pit bulls (and big dogs in general) fuck up, they push them to the limits of their patience and then act like it's such a huge surprise when they eventually attack.
>>
>>2236997

Adding on: Do some research and learn to read dog body language if you want any large dog. Another big cause of attack is owners completely ignoring signs that the dog has had enough.
>>
>>2236980

I was high when I wrote this. Now I am looking at it and trying to figure out what my point was. I have no clue. Sorry, folks!
>>
>>2236982
>I wish i could say that. But tbqh Pits seem to be a bit more dangerous and just a time bomb waiting to explode. If you have any experience having them how do you deal with it?

Not any different that my other dog. I'll spare you the details.

Really, not all pits are okay. Blood lines matter. Temperament comes from blood lines. Reputable breeders will ensure the worst has been purged as much as possible by selective breeding.

Second factor is history. You don't adopt a pit bull from the humane society. It may turn out fine, but you never know what happened in its past. Or how bad the blood is.

With that done, just do your best as you would for any dog. Socialization classes, teaching the 11 basic obedience commands, and lots of love. That's it. Simply being a good shopper and good owner is all it takes to have a dog that is more concerned about making you happy than what the cat is doing.

Dogs aren't hard, no matter the breed. People overthink stuff.
>>
>>2236900
Idk they're truly ugly dogs with no positive unique features.
>>
I find pits to be wonderful and charming dogs. They seem quite intelligent and very capable of being great family members.

Pitbulls/Staff-terriers were at one time the trademark dog of the USA.....then in the 80s a bunch of crack heads started dog fights. ANY dog can be a monster if trained and rewarded for monster behavior. Don't feed them gunpowder and as others have said, learn to read body language. Again, don't feed them gunpowder.
>>
>>2237042
>I find pits to be wonderful and charming dogs. They seem quite intelligent and very capable of being great family members.
OK.

Are they exceptionally charming or wonderful or intelligent or friendly? Is there anything that makes them preferable over other types of dogs? Maybe dogs that don't look like the canine equivalent of a nigger straight from the congo?
>>
http://m.wtvm.com/wtvm/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:NeIWDjXv

That was my next door neighbor. I was doing yardwork and called 911. Ive never heard that type of scream before, but it still sends chills down my spine. The dogs peeled her scalp back like a coconut and yes she died. I moved shortly after that. Yeah sorry the breed needs to be banned for normal people. Needs to be a state liscence to have that breed of dog.
>>
>>2237044
Eh, some folks just gravitate to a specific breed or look.

I prefer smaller dogs with moustache whiskers, personally.
>>
you get to cry about your killing machine dog getting banned for likes on Facebook
t. Canadian who has to deal with fuckheads from Montreal attentionwhoring their niggerdogs now that they're b&
>>
>>2237091
but the ban was overturned.

if anything they're celebrating.
>>
>>2237056

Were you interviewed? That fuckin sucks, I can't imagine having to witness a dog attacking someone to death, at least in the case of that one lady.

I don't like Pit Bulls, never have. I'm nervous as fuck around them, they fuckin scare me. Fuck them. Get that shit out of here.

Why can't they just have nice kitties instead.
>>
>>2237081

I live in the south and blacks fucking love Pit Bulls. I've never understood why. I think it's because a bunch of rappers started featuring them in their music videos and nigs just latched on to it.

They really are nigger dogs. If a black family has a dog, you could really bet with around 90% certainty that it's a Pit here. Fuckin stupid.
>>
>>2236997
Yup . Management is key to prevention.

When the dog is hyper, do not use playful or harsh correctiions. Depending on the dog they may see it as play and depending on your past experience with your dog, he may bite in play.

Also, overworking the dog can make him frustrated less likely to follow and more likely to do whatever he wants at the time.

Do not engage prey drive if you cannot bring him down to an acceptable level of calm.

All of these are on the onus if the owner. You control their surroundings, and observe how he acts, and nothing should happen. Of course the dog must learn basic obedience and calm thresholds to solidify discipline.
>>
>>2237101
Shut the fuck up cumskin piece of shit. Pitbulls are completely fine even a hack like Caesar Milan knows that it isn't the breed its the owner.
>>
>>2237056
Your neighbor must of been a weak piece of shit is she couldn't overpower a small breed like a pitbull. You are also a pussy bitch if you are afraid of them as well. My neighbors shit bred pitbull was chasing me before and I turned around and ran back at it and kicked the shit out of it and it ran off whining with its tail between its legs never to trouble me again.
>>
>>2236900
They are really sweet dogs, have silly personalities, and are great for tons of different dog sports. I also just like how they look. They have cute faces and soulful eyes, but that is just opinion.

They aren't beginner dogs. They are fucking powerful dog, and some lines do have really bad aggression issues. Good socialization is EVEN MORE important for pits than other dogs, and you have be a firm leader for them and be very diligent for training.
>>
>>2236900
Wonderful dogs full of personality
They can be trained without too much issue. They can be used as a service animal which is infinitely more training than your average dog will ever get. So long as they are cared for in a proper manner i see no reason not to let someone have one. The Most aggressive dog i know is a tiny one with PTSD from a previous owner, The dogs experience is way more important than anything
>>
>>2237044
This is not pitbull specific but I like the goofyness that comes with bully breeds.

Also I live in an old white people neighborhood. Everyone is retired, everyone seems to have one. Oddly enough they are not as hyper as I'm used too but they're dogs are probably old too.
>>
>>2237101
congratulations, in my neighbor hood its alot of suburban white girls with them and there is not a loss of a nigger community. Quit being a dumb fuck and realize that just because a community around you likes something doesnt mean that that breed of dog is somehow related to the community. Using racism to hate on a dog breed just makes you look more like a edgy beta male who just complains about black people stealing the girl he liked
>>
>>2237111

All of this. When ours was a puppy, the first commands we worked on were look, sit, stay, go, and stop. Once he learned them, we then proofed them by teaching him in almost every place we could bring him, around every type of strange person or dog we could.

If you get a huge dog with a huge jaw, it's your responsibility to teach them. I hate that about most pro-pit websites; they highlight the good features of the dog while neglecting to mention all of the work involved, so people assume they don't need daily exercise and training to keep them occupied and happy.
>>
I honestly think they're cute. They look like big goofy muppets.
>>
I like the APBT because they are very tenacious, easy to care for and extremely willing to please which is perfect for what I want to be training them for. However pit bull isn't a breed, it's an umbrella term for mutts that share a characteristic. Most pit bulls you see may barely have a drop of pure APBT or AmStaff in them. As for the case of 'pit bulls' (and I'll extend this to designer dogs whom don't have a steady confirmation) it's just a fashion statement or status symbol. They have the dog to push some kind of agenda.

I think the big issue is that there are two opposites kind of pit bull lovers; people who use them as a weapon, to be feared. And then those who use them to show how sweet they are, that they would never hurt a fly. So now you have two large groups of people who are both very wrong. Domestic dogs have been and always will be a tool for people. If you aren't smart enough to handle a tool, don't use it.
>>
pit owners are attention whores positive or negative attention they don't give a shit as long as they are getting attention. They love to go on and on about how great pits are and argue with people that disagree. They like to think they are better than everybody else because "I can handle a pit and you can't".

The aren't any better than any other breed so why put up with all the BS that comes along with owning one? You pay higher home owner insurance if you can even get it, a lot of landlords won't allow you to have one, everybody stereo types you just for owning one, etc etc. So attention whores why do you really own one?
>>
>>2236997
No actually, pit bulls do snap with zero provocation
>>
>>2237210

I think there's a big problem in this country where people get dogs (not just pit bulls) and then just don't bother to give them any kind of training or exercise or socialization. For small breeds, it's not that big of a deal, because while they develop aggression, no one will report a bite from a two pound Pomeranian unless the person bitten was a small child. For large dogs, training, socialization, and exercise are vital if you want a dog that's safe to bring around people.

Be smart. Learn your dog's tolerance, build positive experiences, and watch their body language. If you want a big dog, it's your responsibility.
>>
>>2237336
I accidentally adopted a bully breed puppy cause they mislabeled it as a lab, DNA results show it's nearly entirely bully breed... it's my first dog and I'm honestly horrified, no idea what to do with this dog

All the info you find for raising pits is complete propaganda telling you the breed is the friendliest dog around etc etc
>>
>>2237355
Train it like you would any other dog. Im curious what DNA test you used and what breeds it came up with. Bully breed doesn't mean pit bull.

Also getting a puppy from a shelter is more of a gamble than getting an adult dog from a shelter, and this is why. Puppies are hard to tell the breed of, and if you were looking for a low energy dog and get a high energy dog, you're pretty fucked. If you're very upset you should return it back to the shelter, and give them the DNA results too. The only thing worse than a dumb owner is a scared one.
>>
>>2237278
Tripfag spouting stupid false information. I see some things never change.
>>
File: pup.jpg (167KB, 995x1132px) Image search: [Google]
pup.jpg
167KB, 995x1132px
>>2237357
I used the wisdom panel 3.0, it showed it was APBT and that's it, I heard it doesn't detect anything under 12.5% or something to that extent, but it's certainly mixed with something

I work with him a lot, he's smart as a whistle, learns commands with little effort, he's about 3 months now and has mastered stay, sit, come, leave it, lie down and go to place and doesn't require much treating. He already lets me rub him everywhere and doesn't even nip at me. I socialize him with new people every single day, and he loves them and doesn't show any signs of dog aggression. According to the puppy test he seems to err on the side of "very submissive" in that he lets me snatch things from him, pick him up etc

I'm just concerned when he gets older he will do a 180 and start to get aggressive, scary and mean

Pic related, it's him
>>
>>2237365
Wow you sound like a straight up pussy bitch. That "pit" is no worse than any other dog breed and likely better than most when it comes to friendliness to humans. If it really is a "pit" instead of human socializing you need to be dog socializing because pits are notorious for being dog aggressive. But you sound like a brainwashed memespouting idiot anyway so I doubt you will listen.
>>
>>2237369
I have socialized him with other dogs as much as possible, but you have to know the other dogs before you let your puppy walk up and play with them

He's already been snarled at by older dogs and I'm not about to let a "pit bull" of all dogs get attacked by a dog as a puppy
>>
>>2237277
Because they have fun goofy personalities like boxers while being pretty much free to adopt and don't drop dead from cancer at two.
>>
>>2237372
Also, for some reason he's now very timid around dogs, I probably make the mistake of coddling him when other dogs bark aggressively at him because now he will bark once at dogs passing by then hide under my feet

I can see how this fear will turn into aggression later, so I need to find a way to nip it in the bud

I know I'm making mistakes, it's my first dog as I said, was just looking for advice
>>
>>2237383
the best thing you can do is forget he's a pitbull. it's more about the way they're raised than the breed, esp. since he's definitely a mix.

if you don't think you'll be able to be confident around this dog, you need to rehome him before you raise him to be insecure.
>>
>>2237099

I wasnt interviewed. The neighbors around me came out without the police even knocking on their door. They were fed up with those dogs because they would always escape over a 6 foot fence and terrorise everyone around them. Bad owners as usual. What Katie went through like many before her is why the breed has no place with normal people.

http://www.amplify123.com/2010/11/17/boy-mauled-by-pack-of-dogs_3163.html

My grandmother 5 years earlier also witnessed a pack of pits kill her neighbors kid. She was the one to call 911 and even though the police got there very quickly it was still too late. This is also why I recommend to always carry a gun. You never know when you might save a life...
>>
>>2237365
Dogs don't randomly do a 180°, there's a reason behind it whether you can tell or not. Look into puppy phases, as there is a forgetful period and a fear period you want to be aware of. Train and socialize the dog just as you would have. APBTs are not prone to stranger aggression but you should still Keep up with socialization. Keep in mind to really socialize the dog will with other dogs; APBTs are prone to dog aggression. There are puppy playgroups and dog playgroups you can join where a dog trainer will be present to make sure no one acts out of line. Avoid dog parks. Also socialize him and train him how to behave with small animals, as terriers can be prey driven. He's going to need a lot of exercise when he grows up.

If you read into it, breed is not a factor in fatal dog bites. Outdoor and unfixed dogs are more likely to bite, and fatal attacks are often done when small children aren't being watched around the dog. Lack of training and socialization also plays a big role.

Also wisdom panel admits it does not detect APBT. Are you sure you're not mistaken?
>>
>>2237201

It dosent matter how weak or strong a person is. Getting randomly attacked unprovoked is not something one should have to worry about.
>>
>>2237383
Yeah pretty much this >>2237387 if you are too weak to handle your dog man up and give it to someone who can before you screw it all up.
>>2237388
If you are an adult male and need a gun to fend off let alone kill a pitbull than maybe you should think about lifting twink boy.
>>
>>2237387
I gave it some thought, but the puppy is just too attached to me and I would feel guilty for life if I just gave him up for no real reason because of fear of what he _might_ do, not what he is doing

I think I must already be showing confidence to him because he keeps looking at me before he does anything, someone will tell him sit and he ignores it, looks at me and then I say "yes, sit boy" and then he does it. He also follows me around everywhere, and cries annoyingly whenever I leave the room even if other people are there

>>2237389
Thanks for the advice, and it came back as a bunch of terrier breeds, I just used that label for convenience
>>
>>2237391
People like you are the reason why humanity is fucked if some great catastorphe ever happens and civiluzation is in tatters. Probably can't do shit without your smart phone and starbucks.
>>
>>2237249
>in my neighbor hood its alot of suburban white girls with them
That's because suburban white girls love copying niggers.
>>
>>2237037
>reputable
>breeders

Lol no
>>
>>2237383

One thing that will stop that is teach him a command like "watch me" or "look." Give the command and reward him for eye contact with you.

Once he masters that and you can get him to watch you without treats, start adding distractions like a calm dog on a leash. What you're working towards is teaching him that there's no reason to be afraid; other dogs mean treats and attention as long as he doesn't react.

Make sure you watch the body language of both dogs before you being him around any other dog. You don't want him to get hurt and undo his training.
>>
>>2237394

I was talking in general terms when it comes to having a gun. You never know when you might save a life.
>>
>>2237396

Top lel.
How late are you for a black lives matter movement little liberal neet.
>>
>>2237402

It sounds like he's well on his way towards manners and confidence already. Just keep being consistent and remember that he's just a baby; he's going to have bad days and good days. Mine would throw temper tantrums when we wouldn't let him chew everything and chase whatever he wants, but with training and patience, he grew out of it.

Get him a flirt pole (or make one) if he has a high prey drive. Not only can you incorporate training with play, you'll help keep him calm by giving him an outlet to burn off energy.
>>
File: clip+(2016-05-05+at+05.57.25).png (265KB, 952x891px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-05-05+at+05.57.25).png
265KB, 952x891px
>>2237389
>Also wisdom panel admits it does not detect APBT. Are you sure you're not mistaken?
Different anon, but Wisdom Panel DOES detect AmStaff.

Pic related
>>
>>2237405
I am a conservative but I am alpha enough to know dog breeds are only as good as the owner. You sound like a whiny piece of shit. Did a nignog steal your girl beta numale fuccboi?
>>
>>2237358
Stop making excuses for a breed that was scientifically designed to be vicious
>>
>>2237358

Like a puppy, you have to ignore his bad behavior and eventually he'll learn that misbehavior gets him no attention. We all have to be consistent with him.
>>
>>2237406
Sorry for the long post in advance.

Make sure to play flirt pole "right". Start by just making it a game and having him chase it around and have fun, let him chew on it and tear up the lure once he catches it. Offer a treat, click, "DROP IT!!!", give treat.

After he likes chasing it around, you'll want to work on impulse control and using it as a game to reinforce obedience. Tell him to do a sit/down, then "Take it!" and go through the same game. Give him a "No...." if he tries to chase after the toy without a "TAKE IT!".

Get some bite rags too. I hold them taunt, tell my dog "TAKE IT!", and we play tug and I praise him. Sometimes I play keep away and tug with them too.

I've never used them, but a lot of bully owners are also very found of spring poles. They are essential a tug toy on a spring that is anchored to a strong tree branch. You'll have to do some research on the correct way to make it a good game to build his drive and obedience. Pits are so tenacious they will play tug with you until your arms hurt, so spring poles can be a good way for them to get out their drive to tug while allowing you to be a lazy shit.

Also, there are ways to teach a dog to fetch using their prey drive. It involves making them chase two identical toys. Never tried it, but I've heard positive things about it.
>>
>>2237419
This desu. Operant Conditioning isn't just for dogs and rats.
>>
>>2237407
APBT and AmStaff are different breeds with different standards. Although an AKC AmStaff can be dual registered as an ABDA or UCK APBT, an APBT can not be dual registered as an AKC AmStaff.
>>
>>2237400

I take it you've never looked at breeders for pitbull breeds. Despite what Fox News tells you, every dog breed has dedicated breeders that do their damned best for the love of the breed. It's up to you to find them. They generally have their own domain and will NOT give prices anywhere without having to contact them first. If you're perceptive, it's easy to see how much they care for the dogs in how they word things on their web sites.

As a rule of thumb, if anyone tries to sell you a pit bull breed puppy for less than $1000, walk away.

The cheapest quality dog I've ever taken in was $850, and that was a male Great Pyrenees. The most expensive was $5,500, and that was a English Bulldog. If you spend $200 on a puppy, it's pretty much a given that no thought, care, or planning went into its conception.
>>
To abuse them.
Shitbulls need to die
>>
I've got this friend who's got one. It's called Brutus, vicious thing. He walks around with it on a metal chain leash and makes it growl at people who call him names.
>>
>>2237410

You alpha and a conservative.
Sure you are buddy.
Coming from a black man why do you always bring up niggers taking your women away from you?
>>
>>2236931
Literally this.

Every single shit bull owner I've seen always talks about how sweet and innocent it is as if they're super insecure about owning a shit bull and feel this need to tell everyone it's not bad.

But there are countless instances of "nice innocent pits who dindu nuffin" snapping and attacking.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 960x577px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 960x577px
>pitbull apologists argue that pitbulls are impossible to identify so shouldn't be banned
>except for when they constantly spam social media with pictures of "friendly" pitbulls or are promoting pit bull adoption programs etc

Really makes you think...
>>
>>2237420

All of this.

This is a great thread and I'm so proud.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 398x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 398x369px
Despite pro-pit bull claims that pit bulls are not unpredictable, the breed frequently attacks without provocation or warning. It is well documented by humane groups that to excel in dogfighting, pit bulls were selectively bred to conceal warning signals prior to an attack. For instance, a pit bull may not growl, bare its teeth or offer a direct stare before it strikes. Unlike all other dog breeds, pit bulls are also disrespectful of traditional signs of submission and appeasement.

According to expert Randall Lockwood, pit bulls are also liars. In a 2004 law enforcement training video, taped when Lockwood was vice president for research and educational outreach for the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), he shares the following story:
"Fighting dogs lie all the time. I experienced it first hand when I was investigating three pit bulls that killed a little boy in Georgia. When I went up to do an initial evaluation of the dog's behavior, the dog came up to the front of the fence, gave me a nice little tail wag and a "play bow" -- a little solicitation, a little greeting. As I got closer, he lunged for my face."

If a pit bull can fool an expert such as Lockwood, how can the average citizen anticipate a pit bull's future action? In a separate example, animal behavioral expert Peter Borchelt was sued after the pit bull he was training for a client "suddenly" attacked an ex-fireman. After encountering Gabriel Febbraio on the street and assuring him that the pit bull was friendly, the dog broke free from Borchelt and attacked Febbraio in the groin. The jury awarded Febbraio $1 million dollars.
>>
>>2237421

The 'hide post' option is the best way to deal with him.
>>
>>2237462
You can filter every trip with appchan, then also filter everyone who replies to trips so you don't have to subject yourself to the dumb arguments. Filtering trips is probably the best feature of appchan.
>>
>>2237029
Probably that the appeal is generally the same as any dog, specifically large dogs.
>>
>>2237529

>>2237529

Thank you!

In all my experience with dogs, I've never met one that was completely untrainable, although I've met several that pissed me off to the point where we had to take a break to cool down. Pit bulls are no exception, although they can be stubborn.
>>
>>2237389

Can confirm that dog parks are shit. Too many people with untrained dogs running loose almost always leads to someone getting hurt.

I advise against letting your pit run off leash as well, no matter how well trained he is. The chance of someine snatching them or injuring them is too high.
>>
File: IMG_20160509_163222.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_163222.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Britbong here, so the UK version of the pit is essentially the staffy, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

I've owned, and bred, these dogs for many years. Personally, it started out because of all the bad press they received, many people wanted them banned, and I wanted to at least prove to myself that these dogs aren't anywhere near as bad as idiots claim them to be.

The only people to blame for these dogs being bad are the idiots who own them as a status symbol, "look at me I'm well hard I've got a muscly dog G" they tease, abuse, totally enrage these animals beyond belief to make them aggressive to anything that moves.

The one I own is the calmest, most gentle dog I've ever owned. Straight up. And excellent with children, even recognised by the kennel club as a nanny dog. The only time my dog has ever sounded vicious to someone was the time when some drunken idiots were at my front garden while I was sat in the front with my dog, I simply shouted him and he came running back, tail wagging with his tongue out.

I love my dog, and treat him right. And he does the same for me. Has me throwing sticks for literally hours, he loves playing. He's just a compact ball of fun.

Guns don't kill people, idiots with guns kill people. Exactly the same with these kind of dogs.

Pic related, my staff.
>>
Cute doggy
>>
>>2237561

What a pretty boy!

Mine loves children as well, although we make sure the kids petting him know the right way to do it (no ear tugging or forcing their face into his). He's an attention hog.
>>
>>2237568
Yeah mines rubbing my leg as we speak wanting stroking. Totally agree, one of the first things I did was double triple check he'd be OK with my first born, he's only 9 month old but most of the time my dog refuses to move from his side, which I love.

He's accidentally smacked him in the face a few times, not hard, but still... And he didn't do anything. I try to use my eyes like a hawk 24/7 but he's such a chill dog it doesn't faze him.
>>
>>2237570

Yep, supervision is key, but that's true for any dog. My little brother had a cocker spaniel bite his face and shake because he just wouldn't take the dog's hints that he was being too intrusive.
>>
File: IMG_20160807_140640.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160807_140640.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>2237570
And I'd just like to add onto this, I have a jack Russell, also pic related. She's been an excellent working dog, but sweet jesus is she still a handful. She's pretty much the opposite of my staff.

People avoid me when I walk my staff, but come running over to me when I have my Jack Russell, which they instantly regret because she growls, shows her teeth, goes complete ape shit. She hates strangers, she still attacks the hoover every time I bring it out, and another dog she doesn't know she'd try to attack. But because she's small, no one would think she's a lot more aggressive than my staff.
>>
>>2237575
Yeah. I keep my eye on my dogs as often as possible, especially after the birth of my child. I'll walk them twice a day, an hour or 2 each walk, and obviously interact with them, throwing sticks, balls etc. But at home I leave them be, let them do what they please, unless they come to me for a stroke I just let them do their own thing.
>>
>>2237561
>breeder bringing more monsters into the world is an apologist

What a shock

Also stop spreading the nanny dog myth. It is foolish to leave any child with a dog, especially the pit bull

https://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com/2010/08/nanny-dog-myth-revealed.html?m=1
>>
>>2237578
Because if she bit someone it'd be a nip, she wouldn't dig in and shake her head and refuse to let go like a pitbull would

They were bred not to let go whilst biting and through selective breeding we made a ruthless killer
>>
>>2237584
>dig in and shake her head and refuse to let go
That's exactly what JRTs are bred for. It's how they kill vermin.
>>
>>2237584
>she wouldn't dig in and shake her head and refuse to let go
Dude, have you ever seen a Jack Russel?
>>
>>2237587
>>2237590
Oh, point conceded
>>
>>2237582

If you learned to read, you can see I'm talking about the Staffordshire Bull terrier. Look them up in the kennel club you fucking mong.
>>
>>2237587
>>2237590
Why are you giving that dumbass free (you)s for? He has not contributed absolutely anything worthwhile to this thread and by replying to him you are only showing him that having a needless trip and shitposting is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>2237590
>>2237587

Shh, ignore him until he learns how to behave.
>>
Story time:

>at vet with five year old pit
>sitting next to chair and just chilling
>kid comes over and asks if he can pet
>I say yes and he pets my dog very carefully
>give the kid some treats so that my dog will handshake, lay down, and paw nose
>kid is having a blast
>mother notices
>grabs kid and screams at my dog
>my dog retreats under the chair as far as he'll go
>mother is hysterical, kid is now crying, dog is terrified
>she's told to leave after other people waiting confirm that nothing happened
>took my dog to the beach to make up for it

I feel sorry for that kid.
>>
File: 2016-07-28, 23;27 (Date Taken) 3.jpg (731KB, 2000x2791px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-28, 23;27 (Date Taken) 3.jpg
731KB, 2000x2791px
>>2237652

I have a large breed dog, and it just spooks people. He is very calm and relaxed (low-energy breed) and doesn't have any sort of scary aura, but I notice women doing their best to protect their dogs and avoid me. It's sad because he is really is super friendly and loves meeting people. Poor guy.

Men don't seem to give a shit. But he prefers women. Probably because they make themselves seem like frightened prey and he wants to protect them, not realizing he's the one they're scared of.
>>
>>2237655

Fluffy perfection/10, what a pretty boy.
>>
>>2236900
I think they are very great dogs. I personally like bull terriers. But pits and Rots hold a high place for me. They are just dogs with great individuality and they have a very powerful stance that just looks great. Similar to a doberman but more stout and bigger head makes em look more formidable and better for work. Saying any dog that weighs as much or more than a boxer can be extremely deadly regardless of the breed or mixture.
>>
>>2236900
It's the same appeal as having any dog. Companionship. They are great companion animals if they don't have shit owners.
>>
>>2237670
Except they carry out a lion share of attacks
>>
>>2237693

Reported attacks, yes.
>>
>>2236900
>>2236900

Shit dogs

Too many puppy mills all over the place results in breeding of psychotic dogs. They don't even bother breeding out temperament issues.

This is why pitbulls go nuts all the time.

>>2236980
>Only internet-tough-guys make a fuss about how many lions their dog could take on at once

Yeah, no dog can take on a lion or bear. They might be able to scare it into a tree but dogs are a detterent and an early warning system. Then the human takes care of the animal threat.
>>
>>2236900
Basically the nigger of dogs
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>2237193
>cumskin
>thinks anyone could possibly be offended by his toddlerish verbosity and ultimate nigger tone
Shit taste in dogs by the way
>>
>>2237707
>Yeah, no dog can take on a lion or bear.

Not alone. I have personally witnessed great pyrenees kill brown bears. Once as a team of 2, but before that as a team of 3. The time with 3, one of the dogs nearly lost a leg and was retired from his post as a herd guardian, and is an indoor dog now. That was really scary. I spent a fortune on fencing instead of getting another dog to replace him in the field. I'd rather protect them so they don't need a team of 3.

You see some crazy stuff once you get out to farm country. It's not very exciting when it's your dogs doing the fighting, though. It's their job and all, but no matter how many times you tell yourself they're just work dogs, you can't stop that bond from forming.

But, no, a single dog would get obliterated by a bear. You need at least 2 so they can route/distract/position to create openings.
>>
>>2237715
Fuck off cumskin waste of human space.
>>
>>2237697
Yes because their attacks are more vicious by nature

They are fighting dogs

They don't just bite, they latch on and maul and will not stop
>>
>>2237693
Again, because of shit owners. It just so happens a lot of shitty people are attracted to pit bulls because "hurr durr they're so tough" or "hurr durr I want to be special and have something to prove to everyone". Most of these people don't know the first thing about training a dog.
>>
>>2237786

You're exactly right; both sides are equally dangerous. On the one hand, you have owners that use their dog as a cheap security alarm and a macho status symbol. That's a downside to blatant hate sites like dogsbite; they increase the appeal of the dogs to people who are seeking an animal they can craft into a monster.

On the other, you have people who assume it's perfectly fine to leave their 50 lb. dog alone with a small child or unleash them at a dog park with other dogs that can easily push them to the limits of their patience, and that's the downside to literally every single pit bull appreciation website I've ever seen; they make pit bulls seem like easy dogs to keep.

The truth is that they're a giant, willful, smart, high-energy dog, and not for people who are lazy about training, exercise, and socialization. It pays off, because they're so willing to please and playful, but it's more responsibility than people realize.
>>
I'm so tired of this myth of 'easy' dogs. There is no easy dog. None. They all need work and time. If you can't handle it, get a Nintendog and a stuffed animal.
>>
>>2237842
Maybe for idiots like you but I have had plenty of dogs and not once have I found them hard to keep. Keeping tropical fish and live coral is a million times harder and more difficult than raising a fucking dog.
>>
>>2237846

Don't get Autistic, anon. There's a serious problem in this country with people taking dogs and just not giving a shit. No basic training, no vet, no playtime aside from a few belly rubs, nothing.
>>
>>2236900
They come pre packaged with toxoplasmosis
>>
File: 1475586491522.png (55KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475586491522.png
55KB, 554x400px
>>2237854
>Paying an arm and a leg for a vet to help a non-sapient animal live for 14 years instead of 13
If my dog dies oh well. They aren't any vets in nature.
>>
>>2236900
I think they're kinda cute myself. Just tell me you can resist that adorable face and big, slobbering tongue. I dare you.
>>
>>2237578
That's not a working dog, its face is completely unmarked.
>>
>>2237889
There aren't any dogs in nature either
>>
File: 09_e7cc.jpg (49KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
09_e7cc.jpg
49KB, 600x400px
>>2238082
Yes there are.
>>
>>2237889
>shitposts on a worldwide network of insane electronic technology that took many centuries to develop into what it is today
>thinks basic animal healthcare is unnatural
>>
>>2238099
All that I am saying is that if your pet costs less than a grand there is no reason wasting money on a vet except for its shots.
>>
>>2238168
What, so you just made up an arbitrary statement because you're a cheapskate? The point about nature is utter bollocks anyway, pets aren't 'natural', shots certainly aren't, clothes and modern houses aren't natural, and shitposting is truly the pinnacle of humanity's conquest over nature. So taking a Unabomber-tier stance purely against going to the vets is just daft.
>>
>>2236900
>What's their appeal anon?
Violent retards want violent retarded dogs. Add in a few nonviolent retarded PETA wannabes who constantly spout "NOT ALL DOGS !!!11" and there you have it.
>>
>>2237842
This

Tbqh its a living animal, it needs a lot of work
>>
I find it funny that people keep saying dogs don't suddenly turn. I've seen it in non-pits. A Dalmatian, a family of golden retrievers, and my mom's yorkie.
Vets called it Rage syndrome, now called breed specific aggression.
Perfectly normal dogs suddenly snapped and went apeshit.
My aunt found their older Dachshund dead, few days later they came home to find the Dal ripping apart the cage their surviving Dach was in. Then attacked them when they tried to stop it. Dalmatian was put down,
Goldies I don't know their story, just we weren't allowed even near the pen. They were kept penned the rest of their lives, and the yorkie, my mother kept that little fucker alive.
The Yorkie, well he would go from a dead sleep, to ripping you apart. Step off the couch? Ripping into you. Not the usual spoilt dog dickishness. Vet gave him a clean bill, many times. His brother also had the issue. I suspect his sire had issues too, the breeders showed her mom, but she only saw the sire from a distance.

The thing is, breeders are helping to fund the research to find the cause and the genes that cause these issues. Pit bull breeders deny there's even an issue.

Pitbulls turn. And they have the design to do serious damage extremely quickly. It's like having a faulty bomb. It may or may not go off. But do you want to take the risk?
>>
>>2236900
Bully mixes in particular are big loveable babies for their humans. Also they're pretty muscular so they could theoretically be used as working dogs.
>>
>>2238626
Rage syndrome has never been called Breed specific aggression, although it is known to be present in one breed. It's a medical issue that is extremely rare, not .much is known about it, and most cases are in cocker spaniels. To suggest all dogs that bite or 'turn' have SRS is ridiculous. Most dog attacks happen from poor handling and precaution. Your family, for example, just sound like terrible dog owners. The vast majority of dog owners are terrible.

APBT and AmStaff breeders admit their dogs are prone to dog aggression, but there is no science behind 'pit bulls' being 'prone to 'turn' let alone the actual breeds. Pit bull mutt breeders are shitty though. They are generally the 'nanny dogs', 'my dog wouldn't hurt a fly', 'blue nose alpha pit bull' shit, while not actually knowing what is in their dogs yet advertising them as something easygoing and shit.
>>
>>2236900
You get to feel like a nigger
>>
File: ck.30.1820AM.jpg (57KB, 870x585px) Image search: [Google]
ck.30.1820AM.jpg
57KB, 870x585px
>>2238086

>what is a domesticated animal

People like you are the problem. We all know the people with the overweight labs that are miserable and going to die painfully, the people with annoying yippers that run lose and get hit by cars, the people with vicious pitbulls and german shepherds that go ballistic and hurt or kill people, and the problem is people like you acting like its not a big responsibility. Is it fucking rocket science? No, but it is basic algebra, and there are plenty of people who can't even do that. People treating dogs like disposable accessories is bad for everyone.
>>
>>2238168

>sorry dog, you weren't expensive enough when I bought you, so you'll just have to deal with that parvo outside. Shame I got you for only $900.

>don't make too much noise or stink while you die either, that'd be no good.

Not sure if bait or genuine 13-year old edgelord.
>>
File: 20161010_164725-1.jpg (3MB, 2334x2142px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_164725-1.jpg
3MB, 2334x2142px
My dog, full blood American Pitt
>>
>>2236900
I personally love those big doofy dogs like Boxers and English Bulldogs which is why I find [friendly] Pitbulls appealing. Like that one in the OP post. Too damn cute. Look at that big tongue! It'd probably lick me to death haha

Though they do scare me if they have behavioral issues... but mostly that can be an owner-related problem, right? Unless it could be that some just have aggressive personality genes that continually get passed on to further generations, like a Tilikum the orca situation.

I HATE how inner city folks/white trash have them because they're "tough" and then they treat the dogs like shit... like THAT'S WHY THE DOGS GET SO AGGRESSIVE. YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM LOVE AND CARE. LET THEM SLEEP ON YOUR BED WITH YOU AT NIGHT. PLAY WITH THEM. TREAT THEM AS IF THEY'RE YOUR OWN BABY.

Though yeah, I don't own a Pitbull. I just own a couple of Pug/Puggle mixes.
>>
>>2239144
!!!!!!!
BABY!
>>
>>2236931
They LITERALLY do this shit.

>Take my border collie pupper for her usual noon walk
>Woman walking towards (as in intentionally going off her planned path to come to us)
>She has a pitbull with a nose harness
>Pls no
>As she walks up she says "Oh don't worry, its because he pulls, he's very sweet"
>My pupper does her usual submissive BC behavior lowering herself to the ground as far as possible
>Fucking pitbull attacks her but luckily can't do much except knock her around
>Women walks away apologizing "SORRY HE'S USUALLY THE SUBMISSIVE ONE TEEHEE"

Yeah no fuck you
>>
>>2239144
>full blood
Oh come on, it's quite clear he has some of that armchair's blood in him.
>>
>>2237394
STFU faggot, a pack of pitbulls attacked a child.... yes, I would have shot every single 1..
>>
>>2239153
Pitbulls are dog aggressive dumbass. Also you must be a fucking faggot if you have a border collie.
>>2239170
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>2239144

I love that little bit of suede-like fuzz right above their noses.
>>
>>2239153
>She has a pitbull with a nose harness
Nose harnesses are used for pulling. They aren't muzzles you fucking moron. If you fit it right, the dog can still bite.

At least know what you are talking about before trying to shitpost.
>>
>>2237752

You're a good owner mang.

Hope bears leave your property alone. Good luck friend.
>>
>>2239153
Why didn't you back away or tell her to stop? I would have turned and marched the opposite direction if I had to, not let my dog be put at risk.
>>
>>2237752
Why didn't the bears run away? Also, if you don't mind, I'm interested in some details, were they brown bears, what sex and age/size they were and what season it was? I've seen laikas fend off a bear, they do what wolves do, they just harass the bear until it runs away.
>>
So ive owned dogs all my life, a cocker spaniel, some kind of terrier/golden mutt, and 5 Goldens. I love them, my GF has a old yellow lab thats probably not making christmas Weve nver had any problems with them and they are are very well behaved.

Ive also been a paramedic for 8 years. In that time ive serviced an very diverse demographic. Ive been on probably a dozen or so dog bites. One was a GSD a working therapy dog at the hospital who bit a woman who crushed the dogs leg with a chair.

The rest have been all pitbull attacks, peoples hands and feet degloved. While i know much has to do with the owners, Something about the breed makes me not trust them. Just last week a woman had her foot torn off by a dog shes owned for 12 years. Ive never seen a golden or a lab do that.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.