[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat is dying. She was at the vet and they said to take her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: orange.jpg (1MB, 1800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
orange.jpg
1MB, 1800x1196px
My cat is dying. She was at the vet and they said to take her home and let her pass away in a familiar environment. And the moment she was in the house, she seemed a lot happier. She just sat at a corner of the house and I patted her for a while and now, she has retreated into her hugeass cardboard box and I have no way of checking on her unless I shine a light in or tear the top off slightly. Should I just focus on something else and leave her alone? Or keep patting her? I'm afraid she will die in the box during the night all alone while the rest of us are sleeping
>>
>>2236495
Who cares it's a fucking cat. Get a new one.
>>
File: 1473627401057.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473627401057.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>2236495
>my cat is dying
Say no more
>>
Can you post the corpse when it dies please?
>>
File: 1467432263180.jpg (65KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
1467432263180.jpg
65KB, 424x283px
>>2236495
hang out near the box. read a book or something. don't go to sleep and ignore her. if she dies while you guys sleep you'll regret it forever, so it's worth being tired in the morning.
>>
>>2236523
do this
>>
>>2236523
yeah, I was thinking of doing that but if she's just sleeping, checking in on her might wake her up considering how low visibility the box is. but I guess I'll just stay next to her incase she makes a sound or something
>>
>>2236495
i think it's better to stay with her. How old is she by the way? Is that her photo?
>>
>>2236527
Yeah, she's 14 years old. I wish she could have lived a few more years longer. It just feels too soon.
Anyway, thanks for the advice guys. I'll just sit on the couch next to the box all night
>>
>>2236502
>>2236522
Y'all are savage.
>>
>>2236495
Cats don't like others to see them when they're sick or dying, but stick close by. She'll be able to smell you, and it'll be comforting.

I'll light one up for you both.
>>
>>2236529
It's okay, I mean this is still 4chan after all. still, thanks anon
>>
>>2236533
Thank you. She's the first pet I ever got and has been with me since I was 13, and naturally I have no idea what to do when the time comes for us to part. so knowing that she can at least sense me close to her at this point in time is a comforting thought
>>
I'm sorry OP, it's nice that you want to be with your cat in the last moments. Ignore all the fags here.
>>
>>2236549
thank you, the vet wasnt sure when exactly she will pass on except thst it will be soon
i have work on weekdays though, i cant be with her until around 6pm. im worried she will pass on when im out of the house. but i'll definitely be on the couch next to her every night
>>
>>2236537
goddamit anon ;_;
>>
what kind of loser vet tells you to let your pet suffer at home instead of euthanizing?

>no vet would, you're just saying you took it to a vet to avoid the shitstorm
>>
>>2236495
Look don't worry if its not that severe your cat will be fine, anyway stay with him/her and if it is that bad remember its been 14 years, 14 years of joy, of disagrees but not of loneliness for your cat.
>>
>>2236522
I apologize for this post
>>
File: IMG_1975.jpg (87KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1975.jpg
87KB, 604x453px
>>2236502
>>2236522
CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN

THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEEEAAAL
>>
>>2236725
>>2236973
My cat survived the night, shes still sitting in the box and just backed further into the box when i lifted it up a little (cat is sitted on the ground, box is just over her with an opening in front) and gave me really huge puppy dog eyes while looking around. The vet said it was okay to bring her home to let her go peacefully but we have no idea what the signs are that requires us to bring her back for euthanizing
>>
File: received_1063545493765777.jpg (105KB, 1080x1701px) Image search: [Google]
received_1063545493765777.jpg
105KB, 1080x1701px
She came out of the box but she isnt eating or drinking
>>
>>2236725
Depends on what's wrong with the animal. Sometimes this way is better, or more comfortable for the animal, and they won't be suffering.
>>
I'm sorry your cat's time is coming to an end, OP. She's a very cute cat and it seems like she had a good long life with you.

Why is she dying, did the vet say?

For now, just be with her. Stay close and offer pets and cuddles if she wants them. Your presence will comfort her nonetheless.
>>
>>2237057
>>2237058
Her kidney failed. They had her on a drip to flush the toxins but she suddenly stopped taking it in and the water went to her lower body which makes it difficult for her to walk until the water slowly dissipates. She also lost a lot of weight and is just chilling at 2 different spots of the house
>>
>>2237073
And she isnt taking in food and water and theres no sign of urine and poop
>>
What a beautiful kitter. I hope that her passing is painless. Thank you for giving her a long life.
>>
>>2237078
>>2237058
Thank you for the kind words, guys
We're taking her to another vet for a second opinion
>>
>>2237073
Shit man:/ had a cat go from thyroid problems too. Poor thing lost its balance and fell in the pool, I remember vividly (was a kid at the time)
>>
>>2237039
When it gets to the point where they stop eating it is better to euthanize. Unless you just want to keep it around for decoration and let it suffer...
>>
>>2237073
How old is she? Kidney failure is common among old cats. It's just sort of the thing that gives out first in a lot of cats.

She looks like a beautiful, sweet girl.
>>
>>2237169
Oh man... sorry to hear that :/

>>2237172
>>2237173
She's 14 and she wasn't really sweet in the sense that she doesn't sleep on laps at all nor does she like to be carried and cuddled but when she demanded attention after a night of acting smugly, it's really cute. I'd really miss her

We are booking an appointment with another vet to ask whether there's still anything at all that can be done to save her. If there isn't, then we are going to put her down there...
>>
>>2237226
i'm so sorry, i have cry like a baby for all time while i read this thread. Please let we know how youre beautiful and sweet cat pass this night. I'm whit you tonight...thinking and pray for her.
Sorry i don't read her name
>>
Sorry you are loosing your kitty.
>>
>>2236495
If she is in the box she doesnt want you touching her
>>
>>2236521
why are cockatiels such cunts?
>>
>>2237900
All parrots are cunts. It comes with being flying, intelligent lizards.
>>
>>2237927
Don't diss my bird anon

She is nice

Sometimes
>>
>>2236528
My condolences to you bro... sad shit...
>>
>>2236495
Don't fucking leave her side for a second. I left my dog for a day when he had cancer because I expected him to live another week. He died the next day and I wasn't with him. I wish I could've been there for him.
>>
>>2236495

>>2237226
>We are booking an appointment with another vet
I think it sounds better if you want, because in
>>2237053 's pic
she doesn't seem to be dying very soon. Her eyes still shining.
>>
stay by your kitto's side OP - we are with you in all of this
>>
fuck OP, youre giving me flashbacks to when I had to put my cat down.

stay with him/her, when she gets really bad, lay him/her in your knee and just wait until its over.

the day before i put my cat down, i called work and said i was vomiting blood and shit, just to make sure she wouldnt have to spend her last day alone.
>>
>>2237073
>Her kidney failed

Neutered cat I guess...?
>>
File: orange2.jpg (382KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
orange2.jpg
382KB, 1000x664px
We went to another vet yesterday and she said Orange doesn't look like she wants to give up yet so she scheduled an ultrasound 2 days later to find out the state of her kidneys. She gave us some painkillers to give her twice a day, liquid food fed using a syringe and some supplements. The vet gave her a painkiller and antibiotic shot before we left since her immune system was bad. We went home, fed her the liquid food and a little water and she went to sleep without vomiting. I gave her her first shot of painkillers this morning and she seemed really sluggish and I thought it was because I woke her up to give the shot. I took a quick nap since it was 5am and I woke up around 8am to give her liquid food again but she looked like she was sleeping so I didn't wake her up since she hasn't appeared to have a comfortable sleep in a long while. Then at 10am I checked in on her again, and I called her name several times and she didn't respond and thats when I noticed she had stopped breathing and her body was cold.

So yeah, you guys told me not to leave her side and I fucked up. I thought with the way she actually ate the food without any complains means that she could have still lasted quite a while and with an entire week's wroth of medication and yet I wasn't by her side when she went. I should have just stayed at her side the whole time after the painkiller jab but I just went to sleep.. I mean she looks peaceful but still
>>
>>2238576
Cool story bro
>>
>>2238576
RIP Orange. I'm sorry she went anon, at least she wasn't in pain.
>>
>>2238576
im so sorry anon
>>
>>2238576
RIP Orange.
I'm sorry for your loss

That vet seems so stupid for me....
>>
my cat Tsappa died in my arms.

I raised the little shit because his mom was a shitty cat mom, fed the little shits, whipped their asses,
The mom cat was an F1 Siberian Russian mix with breed Persian.

Just let her go with peace.

Embrace the natural order, this is the most loving thing You can do.

I was Young and I was destroyed when Tsappa, my favorite cat literally died in my arms from heart failure.

Dont do that.
>>
>>2238576
She went with you caring for her. Those were her last memories, bro. Don't feel so hard.

Cats flat out avoid contact when they are dying, especially from kidney failure (which is really common).

Gather up all your photos of her and put them in a special album on dropbox or wherever so you can browse through them at a later date.
>>
>>2236495
Let it go anon, it's terrible but maybe if it helps sleep by the box if you can. Maybe a familiar scent will ease the poor gal
>>2236521
>dog is just like 'not this shit again'
>>
>>2238576
>shot of painkillers
If only you knew what was actually in that syringe.
>>
>>2238676
Agreed with this post.
It's the best way that a cat could have gone - in a familiar place and being cared for, but still out of sight. I've had three cats die on me in my life, and they always find some private place for their last moments. You did well, anon. I'm sorry that you lost a friend.
>>
>>2238576
I hope you realized you killed your cat dude. Like hell there was painkillers in that syringe.
>>
RIP Orange
>>
>>2238576
Goodnight, sweet kitter. You gave her a wonderful life, and you worked your hardest to make her final days on this earth and comfy and pain free as possible. You did nothing wrong. Yoibare a great owner... Orange would want you to be happy right now because I am sure she knew how wonderful of a life you gave her.

You lost a friend, so mourn like you lost a friend. And take comfort knowing she is no longer in any pain.
>>
>>2238586
>>2238588
>>2238604
>>2238619
>>2238676
>>2238711
>>2238799
>>2238843
>>2238874

Thanks for the kind words, guys. We had her cremated and her ashes are to be scattered out to sea. It's really hard coming back to a home without a cat now and I just get these thoughts with all the what-ifs like if I had force feed her with a syringe or getting that second opinion sooner or even something simple like filling up a hot water bottle and putting it close to her even if she didn't use it. Maybe she might have survived? I don't know but it was my responsibility to protect her and she died under my care so it feels like I didn't do enough. I know thinking like this is bad but I can't help it...
>>
File: Roxi.jpg (227KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Roxi.jpg
227KB, 2048x1152px
>>2237073
Lost my dog from kidney failure in August. It was the hardest thing to do, but when we found out she was having kidney failure, we decided to put her down a few days later. I hope things go well with your kitter OP
>>
File: 1375575044213.gif (2MB, 320x454px) Image search: [Google]
1375575044213.gif
2MB, 320x454px
>>2239336
didn't read whole thread
>>
>>2239337
Fuck off
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.