[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the possibility of getting sick from a house mouse, really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rodent_mouse.jpg (140KB, 773x621px) Image search: [Google]
rodent_mouse.jpg
140KB, 773x621px
A little tiny mouse has been scampering around in my kitchen lately. No matter what, I will not hurt it. However, what I really want to do is catch it and put it in a cage. I know the prevailing logic is that wild mice are very dangerous and carry disease, but frankly, I don't buy it. If mice carried so many dangerous diseases, then how would they be able to run all over everyone's houses without anyone ever getting sick? And how would all these mice even become so diseased in the first place? This one probably lives under my stove or in my walls, where he and his family have probably been living for decades. It's not like my house has any rotting corpses in it. After all, I live here too and I'm fine.
I tried looking this up, but I can't find any actual statistics on how many mice have dangerous diseases. For the record, this mouse has a clean and fluffy coat and a nice furry tail. He is also active and curious with a sniffing nose.
>>
Nobody has done this?
>>
>>2234591
As long as you're not eating from the food it's eating in you'll be fine. Deer mice are ones that you need to worry more about. Mouse shit can also cause health problems if you let it build up
>>
>>2234591
They're carriers of diseases or have parasites with life stages that can be harmful to humans but not the mice

Just kill the fucking mouse or you're going to get infested.
>>
>>2234591
It's just one mouse now, but just wait..
>>
If anything a corpse of a mouse is less dangerous than a living one. Dead bodies of anything isn't really a problem. Most harmful viruses or diseases will die off, but even then the likely hood of you catching one from a live one is very low. Otherwise we would all be fucking dying.

I get a mouse or two a good once every two years. More so in my old house only if my backyard flooded. I've never been infested. We had one or three in the old house. This new house we found starving blind babies crawling around and felt so bad we raised them and released them somewhere else. As much of a bleeding heart as I am - get rid of them. Disease or not, something is wrong when they're about your house. Don't encourage it. Don't LET them infest. It can get out of hand. We were careful and on top of it when it was so rainy. Those baby mice only happened when the mom was caught in a trap I wasn't aware of and when my roomie showed me here I saw she was lactacting so I was on watch.

Just because you like them and dont want to hurt them, just clean up. Seal off holes. Make or get 'humane' traps. Release them far, far away. I like mice. Even wild mice. But if you have so many just shitty you've enabled them for so long. It's dirty and you're not keeping food where it belongs. Killing them only makes room for more. Fucking clean shit up.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hantavirus
>>
>>2234591
Uhm, regardless of it not carrying diseases its shitting and pissing in your house

Think about it :|
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.