[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spaying and Neutering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: suyin.png (122KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
suyin.png
122KB, 444x250px
How common is neutering your pets? Keep the neutering debates at the doorstep, fyi. I always thought most people knew to neuter their pets. I swore it was something engraved into most dog and cat owners in first world countries, like taking your pets to the vet. Nowadays I'm starting to think otherwise.

No one in my area seems to neuter or spay their pets. No one in my family does it either. As a teen I had to convince my parents to neuter our puppy, and even then they still complain that they feel "bad" for him or feel bad that they weren't able to breed him. I live in a city, not some rural area.
>>
>>2234313
Fwiw there are lots of dumbasses who buy a low quality purebred dog and think they're gonna make money off of it. Then there are the lower classes who just don't care either way.

Where do you live?
>>
>>2234340

New York.
>>
Both of my dogs died due to surgical complications, one during getting neutered and the other from unrelated surgery and I've been hesitant to neuter my next dog whenever or if I choose to get one. I likely won't and that's a personal decision but I can see why it's important.

It's made me kind of wary to do so, but I guess it's not really an excuse. None of my dogs ever left my sight for long, and were almost always supervised, were all incredibly well trained and well behaved.
>>
I neuter/spay my dogs after they're done growing.

My 1.5 year old girl got spayed about 3 months ago because she had to have an emergency surgery anyway, and it's best not to put them under anesthesia more than necessary so we did it at the same time.

My boy will not be spayed until 2 years old. Which is a painfully long time away. Hopefully he can keep up his good behavior until then.

These are both papered dogs of the same breed. The boy even has a champion bloodline. But I don't want puppies. Fuck that noise.

The only people I know that don't neuter/spay are poor and/or uneducated.
>>
File: 1317165040389.jpg (55KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1317165040389.jpg
55KB, 500x489px
>>2234406
>My boy will not be spayed

sigh ..."neutered" was the word I was looking for.
>>
my dog and my rabbit are both neutered and i'm glad i had them both done

especially the dog, who was chronically underweight and had an enlarged prostate which would make him spray stinky intact male piss all over himself all the time
>>
>>2234313
most of the places in suburbs or cities won't let you adopt a pet if you don't promise to get it fixed in a year.

that said I'm not really for it so long as the owner isn't a tard. my cat kept his balls and is a total badass.
hes pretty territorial and kills the odd mouse he finds outside, but he's full domesticated and never leaves the property when we let him out. I think losing his nuts would've changed him for the worse.

you can get your pets a vasectomy, I know, it's more expensive I think. for dogs it could be more dangerous if they keep the testosterone but sounds like you grew up with that so shouldn't be an issue.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.