[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal/plant/nature related topics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1460209764139.png (142KB, 800x715px) Image search: [Google]
1460209764139.png
142KB, 800x715px
ITT we discuss animal and nature forums. That's related to animals and nature.

>4x2chan
Seems like a dead 4chan that's somehow even more of a cesspool

>420 chan
Not as dead, but still slow and filled with your general uneducated pet owner. Also no nature/plant discussion

>reddit
Huge hugbox circlejerk that if you so much as spell something wrong or say your pit bull hasn't mauled anyone yet, you get downvoted or banned.

Please tell me I forgot a place. Please tell me 4chan's /an/ isn't the last bastion.
>>
nope every animal or plant related forum is pure cancer.

/an/ is shit too, but not that shit.
>>
File: 1459890673052.png (14KB, 617x552px) Image search: [Google]
1459890673052.png
14KB, 617x552px
>>2231976
I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case. I thought 18-10chan would have been a safe bet. I assumed it would kill off most of the fags who can't handle a slow board, but it only became filled with even worse fags posting abuse and beast. Since it was un-moderated, it stayed up, and I think it killed the board, so it stayed there for a very long time.
>>
you're better going to more specific forums for what you're interested in. /an/ is mostly full of pictures of cats and dogs, shitposters and marimo and betta tanks.
>>
>>2231988
The thing that I really liked about the chans though was that it was very broad. I liked learning new things and helping others with their questions. I also like the anonymity, although it's no deal breaker, I think once you get arbitrarily labeled as something in an already knit community, it's near impossible to shake it.

I'd feel like I'd need to be an expert to join a GSD forum, and I don't want to have to join a bunch of different breed specific forums of every breed I like. Then I'd need one for cats, and wild animals, maybe a separate one for plants/house plants/wild plants too.
>>
So where do we flock to when /an/ gets deleted?
>>
I don't think /an/ will get deleted. It's still a good board. Most people stay on topic. Being somewhat of an oldfag (been here off and on since '09) compared to some, I'd root for this Chan above all else.
>>
But yeah, our most knowledgeable folks seem to stay in the aquarium threads. I have seen herp threads. Bug/insect threads. Mostly it is dog/cat threads because most people have those animals. I myself, have a dog, a cat, two corn snakes, and 4 female mice and 1 male for breeding. When I first got my corns, it was this /an/ that helped me out. Even directed me to some great forums. I can't help but feel like this one is the best. 2+6Chan is pretty slow to me and not really interested in helping people.
>>
>>2231976
>/an/ is shit too

well you're working very hard on it
>>
>>2232807
The problem with 4x2chan is it was unmoderated. I don't know if that has changed since, but it killed any decent following it could have had. It was slow before, but at least it was active. And I'd worry that the lack of moderation would mean that if it did gain any popularity again, there would be even more beast and gore
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.