[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

blind doggo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: blind-doggo.webm (3MB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
blind-doggo.webm
3MB, 500x404px
Hello /an/
A few days ago, almost a week now some human trash left a blind dog in my street. The dog is skinny, with several skin injuries through his body.
It feels like his previous owner blinded at least one eye since it's swollen. I took the doc to a vet nearby but they are know here for being "butchers" so for now I'm taking care of the dog.

My neighbors are also helping by giving food and medication for the injuries. The dog is super friendly with everyone on the street.

Anyone here with experience with a blind dog could give me some advice?
>>
File: 0jvg30T.jpg (193KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
0jvg30T.jpg
193KB, 750x563px
Also I've filmed this after my aunt told me there was a blind dog in the street. I washed him shortly after the video with a soap for scabies and fungi.
>Unrelated webm
>>
>>2231358
shit
I mean unrelated pic
>>
bumpo
>>
File: amber.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
amber.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
if you're keeping him , just try to keep furniture at the same place and always try to to do routine like things on the same places.
Feeding, putting on leash and things like that.

give it structure.
>>
File: Helen Keller.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Helen Keller.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>2231354
My 11 year old daughter has a blind dog, it even looks like yours. Hers is really no big deal at all.
Whenever you rearrange your furniture the dog will have to adjust like>>2231568
said. Patience is important, blind dogs do about everything a normal dog can do, just slower. They also bark more. My daughter shows her dog in 4H and the obedience training seems to help, as well as the constant socialization with other dogs. Blind dogs will tend to be timid around other dogs unless they have constant exposure to them.
I live in the country on acreage so I let my dogs out unsupervised. The only time this is an issue with her is early in the morning before sunrise. She won't go out unless my other dog goes with her that early in the morning. I think because at that hour things like possums,racoons, and coyotes are most active. Any other time of day the dog comes and goes as she wants.
Really OP some blind dogs do better than others. My daughter's dog finished 2nd place in obedience beating out several other dogs. Just have patience and don't make any fast sudden movements close to them, they can sense that shit.
>>
>>2231585
Also, I forgot to add. Get a pressure test done on your dogs eye OP. The animal could be in pain and the eye may need removed. It looks swollen in your pic.
>>
My uncle owns a blind and deaf dog, he manages well. It is pretty amazing how the dog pretty much maps the house out in his head and can navigate with ease.

Just be careful with moving furniture or chairs at the table because he will walk into them or even run at full speed into them.

Blind dogs can live happy decent lives with a good owner, my uncle's dog is pretty happy. My uncle uses a sequence of taps instead of commands since the dog cannot hear or see him, if my uncle taps him twice on the head he will know it is time to go outside.
>>
File: blind-doggo2.webm (3MB, 606x404px) Image search: [Google]
blind-doggo2.webm
3MB, 606x404px
>>2231568
ok thanks

>>2231586
I did not know that. His left eye is less swollen now but I will look into this pressure test.

I tried to take him home but I was afraid my dogs attacked him out of jealousy (it happened before on a different situation), so I let him where my grandmother lives.
>>
In no disrespect but..Where do you people live that you find stray dogs fucked up like this so frequently? Whenever a dog gets off the leash people freak out and pull over and scoop it up to return it where I live.
>>
>>2231668
Most people where I live let their dogs unleashed. Eventually someone run over the dog. The blind dog I've found here was abused.

I don't understand why have a pet if you're going to mistreat him and neglect him.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.