[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Pet Toy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: pet-supplies-online-9[1].jpg (329KB, 2516x2257px) Image search: [Google]
pet-supplies-online-9[1].jpg
329KB, 2516x2257px
Hey /an/, let's have a pet toy recommendation thread. Post anything that could you'd consider suitable for animals ranging from dogs and cats to herps and birds.

To start off, I'm looking for some good toys to purchase for a smaller dog (<25lbs/11kg). Any good suggestions?
>>
B
>>
>>2229999
lovely tripquads

My doggo is a very heavy chewer and demolishes most toys he gets -- he's also a busybody and had separation anxiety

Two toys I can't recommend enough are:
www.amazon.com/dp/B000KV7ZGQ
and
www.amazon.com/dp/B00520EJXW

He doesn't get fed from a bowl any more; we put his kibbles in either of these and he has to spend an hour or so working to get his meal. They're extremely tough toys.
>>
Shit like this is why I was planing on spending the rest of my life alone.
Women really do ruin everything.
>>
>>2230485
lol, k
>>
File: kong-wobbler.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kong-wobbler.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
My dog loves her wobbler, it's perfectly fine and she's a tough chewer, and it keeps her entertained.
>>
My puppy isn't much of a chewer when it comes to rubber toys like that. He likes to rip up his squeaker toys though so it makes buying him toys difficult.
>>
>>2230478

These look nice.

I've been looking for puzzle toys that can occupy my dog for a while, but I've heard that after a while they become regular old food dispensers once the dog figures out how to get the food out quicker.
>>
>>2229999

My puppies wouldnt touch non consumable chews.

You could try salmon heads or bull pizzles as part of their diet?
>>
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but over the years I've discovered how nice it is to have small plush toys for your cat.

My cat likes to fetch small plush toys that have been strewn throughout the house and drop them off at my bedroom door. I find it adorable. Sometimes she'll be meowing with them in her mouth as she carries them to me.

You all should definitely try it.
>>
Some tips:

1. Lasers are bad for cats. They make cats more aggressive because they have no physical reward. Use a feather toy instead.
2. Rope toys are bad for a dogs teeth.
3. Rawhide, tennis balls, and frisbees are all choking hazards.
>>
>>2234070
>frisbee
>choking hazard
Wut
>>
>>2234070
My dog goes crazy for tennis balls I don't see myself not using them.
>>
>>2229999

Flirt poles are fucking amazing and all you have to do is stand there and fling it around. You can also use them to teach your dog how to sit and wait before going after it.
>>
>>2234079

They're not designed for dogs. Human frisbees are not safe. Dogs will chew through them eventually and can swallow pieces.
>>
>>2234070
>1. Lasers are bad for cats. They make cats more aggressive because they have no physical reward. Use a feather toy instead.
Thats why you are supposed to give them a physical toy at the end of a laser pointer session......
>>
I have 2 dogs, both over 150 pounds, both destroyers of all things. They can take down 12 inch rawhide bones in 15 minutes. I have 2 recommendations:

1.) Nylabone Durachews. These last about a month for our dogs.

2.) Dentley's Stuffed Femur Bones. These things ... are simply amazing. The dogs love them, and the 2 we have are on their 3rd month and barely have dents in them. I expect they will last until they're just too dirty to be sanitary and we throw them out. These are the only organic bone that lasts more than 30 minutes with my dogs.
>>
>>2234915

They're not for chewing, they're for playing. Don't act like you can't tell the difference between a chew toy and a fetch toy just so you can be self-righteous.
>>
>>2234916
or you smack them when they start acting up
>>
>>2234070
I always felt that way about regular sized tennis balls, so I got my dog an oversized Kong tennis ball. She hasn't been able to tear it up, just chew off the carpeting.
>>
>>2234918

I'm just saying what I've heard. They're a danger hazard.
>>
File: pull-tab-img_4747[1].jpg (212KB, 1260x1031px) Image search: [Google]
pull-tab-img_4747[1].jpg
212KB, 1260x1031px
I've bought my cats relatively nice toys before, and they don't give two fucks, but if I buy milk or juice and it has one of these on them, they go ape shit.
>>
>>2235710
>tfw my cat ignores the toys I buy, but always wants to play with choking hazards
>>
For dogs, anything made by KongĀ®

For cats, something light weight and fluffy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.