[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big dogs vs Big cats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: ____01.jpg (93KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
____01.jpg
93KB, 608x608px
So, powerful dogs like Tibetan Mastiff, Kangals, Argentinos, Rottweilers and American Pitbull Terriers have strong bite forces and muscles.

Can these big dogs kill big cats like lions and tigers? Hyenas apparently have stronger bite force than lions and can actually beat them despite being scavengers. And in actual battles, American Pitbull Terriers always dominate and overpower everything. Apparently they even kill large boars and bears.

So would lions and tigers lose to the strongest big dogs?
>>
>>2223851
If you know where to look, there are videos of game dogs pitted against hyenas, wolves, bears, lions, tigers, leopards, etc. You won't find it on youtube or live leak though.
>>
I don't think any similarly sized animal can beat a tiger. Cats also have claws over dogs.
>>
>>2223851
>So would lions and tigers lose to the strongest big dogs?

Lose to a dog? No.

Lose to the pack? Absolutely.

Kipling summed it up best: "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."
>>
>>2223856
Don't Jaguars have way stronger bite force than lions and tigers?
>>
>>2223854
This is the only doggo fight video I know of.
http://m.my.mail.ru/bk/synthetic_generation/video/1/364.html
(Rottweiler getting destroyed by Pitbull)

Where do I see bears vs dogs?
>>
This sounds like a stupid question tbqh. I don't see how a dog can fare against a wild tiger or lynx.
>>
>>2223880
If hyenas can beat lions, why can't pitbulls and tibetan mastiffs do the same to other big cats? Rottweilers always lose to pitbulls despite having stronger bite force too

see >>2223877
>>
>>2223854
Want to watch videos of animal slaughter? Here's a thousand.

Dog fight you say? Here's a crappily shot vertical YouTube video in 240p, it's gonna be flagged tomorrow so watch it while you can.

I'm 100% against animal cruelty, but how does censoring the Internet help solve it?
>>
>>2223883
they just don't want to be associated with it
>>
>>2223866
They do. But it's just one attribute. I guess with one of the smaller subspecies of tiger that are similar size to jaguar, jaguar could win occasionally.
>>
>>2223877
There are forums for game bred dogs that are much more easy to navigate. I used to use it to find specific videos until they got into legal trouble and had to make a new website where only members are allowed in. I would suggest finding similar forums to find the different video hosting sites. But also, English forums help you navigate too. I can't read that gibberish, but maybe you could use google translate.

>>2223882
Not true. Rottis have won against pits before. So have dobermans. It's like saying black fathers won't stick with the family; they commonly don't, but that doesn't mean they don't every time

>>2223883
One is animal cruelty, the other is regulated industry. I'm assuming it's censored for a similar reason other illegal content is; they don't want people making money off of it or becoming more wide spread. Dog fighting makes a ton of money, between gambling on the dogs, selling the dogs and puppies, and also being a huge hub for drug dealings, they don't want to support them with ad revenue on top of it. I think they just censor it in an attempt to make sure people don't make money off of the videos and keep it from getting popular.
>>
>>2223883
Sometimes demand creates supply. Maybe not here though.
>>
>>2223883
Where can I see dogs vs tigers? All I can find is shit like this
http://theync.com/shocking/sad-video-of-dog-that-is-ripped-apart-from-other-dogs.htm
>>
>>2223890
>Rottis have won against pits before

Is there video evidence of this? I much prefer Rottweilers, they're my favorite dog, but acording to most dog fighters and from that video I can't see Rotts winning against the intensity of Pitbulls. Pits just have too much speed and muscle.

Rottweilers have stronger bite force, but they get tired more easily and are way slower.
>>
>>2223851
>Pitbills killing large bears
Are you 12? Heres two baiting dogs having their ass handed to them by a tethered bear (and one thats more than likely declawed or fucked in the mouth):

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=4d2_1374454874

If you think any dog can stand alone against a grizzly or polar bear in full go mode then youre a retard.

Same applies for the big cats youve listed.

>>2223877
Dog fighting is cruel. That and incredibly boring.

>>2223882
They win by having a stupidly powerful bite and they're numbers. They regularly get crippled by lions anyhow.
>>
>>2223893
Pits win from tenacity. You can see in that video that rottie gave up, and despite having a good hold on the pit for a while, the pit kept going and was more than happy to keep going. This is also the drive behind smaller and smaller game dogs; they don't lose wind as quickly.

Like I said before, you'll have to use game dog forums to find them. But I've seen rotti and dobermans win in videos before. They are not as common though. It's a bit of taboo and considered unfair to pit two different breeds, like how it is frowned upon to pit opposite sexes. So if you find one, it's usually just a fucking around 'skirmish' and not a big money making fight.
>>
>>2223895
Yeah maybe bears are a bit much.

But can this guy right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwm0OwqWvF4
defeat a lion? Don't forget that sometimes hyenas can overpower lions and have stronger bite force
>>
>>2223901
No. He'd get raped too.
>>
>>2223901
Probably too big to be economical, looks like he might be overweight too since he is obviously coddled and their prize dog.

Even if he was in perfect "working" condition, and his strength scaled linearly with mass, he would get eviscerated by a lion of 140 kg, which is pretty average.
>>
>>2223893
Stray rotti submits a stray pit:

Start at 13:44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c5EQMPIkaA
>>
>>2223939
Holy shit first time I've seen a Rottweiler behave more alpha than Pitbull
>>
File: Kangal.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kangal.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
Kangal - 743 bite force
Lion - 691 bite force

Why. Tell me why
>>
>>2224408
Any LGDs generally run in groups. LGDs are successful because even larger predators don't want to deal with a few dogs and risk injury to eat a sheep.

Look up Spanish mastiffs, motherfuckers are behemoths and oddly agile for their size. However, anatolians/kangals are a breed of their own when it comes to agility.
>>
>>2223851
Lion eh maybe. Tiger? Fuck no. Tigers are just more bad ass in general.
>>
>>2223851

Any cat would obliterate 2 or more other animals of equivalent size. They are born fighting machines. It is the *only* thing they do better than any other species. It is their only job. Their agility, speed, flexibility, ability to grapple, claws, and teeth all add up to a pure killing machine that could have have been designed. Long haired cats, in particular. If you've ever seen 2 dogs playing and one trying to get a grip on a long-haired dog's skin, you'll know why.

And I fucking hate cats. But facts are facts.

There are common reports of mountain lions fucking up groups of wolves, for example. And domesticated dogs are like trash mobs in an MMO to them. You hear about this alot when you get away from the city.
>>
>>2223893
>>Rottis have won against pits before
>
>Is there video evidence of this?

Who the hell cares? What type of degenerate gets so excited about dogs killing each other?
>>
>>2223895
>If you think any dog can stand alone against a grizzly or polar bear in full go mode then youre a retard.

I have 3 Great Pyrenees guarding my farm. I've told these stories on /an/ a few times before - Every couple of years I find a brown bear corpse on my property. In 2011 I found one 20 feet from my back porch. Which, by the way, was a bitch to clean up.
>>
>>2224408

These forces are impossible to gauge. The same ones say Great Pyrenees have 900psi bite force. Considering their bloodline is rooted in mastiff, it's more likely in the 550 range.

Not only that, but you can't force a dog to 'do their best' on a bite test. You would need to test thousands of identical purebreds with identical temperments and identical equipment that is calibrated constantly for any sort of scientific result. The most thorough test I've seen only covered 10 dog breeds and used between 6 and 12 of each breed. Which means it's trash. There's too much room for error.
>>
>>2223851
tiger are the animal with the most fighting capabilities on this planet a dog stand no chance a lot of dog however is another story
>>
>>2224435
and frankly why do people always concentrate on this stats you could get killed by a tiger in one strike of their claws and they use them perfectly
>>
>>2223851
Okay so bite force is one thing that can change the end result of a fight but a healthy Siberian Tiger can weigh up to 900 pounds of pure, agile muscle. The big cats are faster and have certain advantages of claws and agility. Lions tend to 'wrestle' with their prey but Tigers and Jaguars go for the immediate kill. Mountain Lions could be beaten by large dogs or wolves, but a Jaguar or Tiger would be the winner every time. As for bears, a Grizzly, Kodiak, or Polar will beat any canine except maybe for a pack.
>>
File: 1472020027375.gif (1MB, 210x128px) Image search: [Google]
1472020027375.gif
1MB, 210x128px
>>2224433
I find that very hard to believe (pic related)
>>
>>2224474
I think a fair fight would be 2 fully grown Tibetan Mastiff versus one bear.
>>
>>2223851
Weren't Rhodies bred to hunt lions and bears?
>>
>>2224432
They didnt really kill each other tho. They just bit each other till they got tired.
>>
>>2224482
I keep hearing about dogs bred to fight bears, like Kangals, some pitbulls, mastiffs
>>
People in the south hunt wild boar (huge and powerful animals) with dogs. Pitbull, dogo argentino, and bulldogs are usually used to hold the boar until the hunter kills it.

Livestock guardian dogs (Kangal, maremma, Pyrenees) can fight off bears and wolves. Not sure about lions though. I have a book about LGD I need to reread.
>>
>>2224433
>3 dogs
Thats the point. Youre dog needs back up to even have a chance on a good day. Individually they're useless.

This bear here is shrugging of a blow from a puma which would probably fuck your dogs up: >>2224474

They have to fight theyre own kind. You think your dog would stand against this?

https://youtu.be/jACnmOMMI-w

>2224481
>2 vs 1
>fair
Again youre just proving the point your dogs cant win on their own.
>>
>>2223901

that dog's ancestry involves ridiculous amounts of inbreeding and his upbringing and lifestyle are that of a domesticated animal leading a cushy existence.

Also hyenas aren't related to canids, they're related to felids. Hyenas =/= mastiffs
>>
>>2224514
What if it's 2 big Tibetan Mastiffs vs that bear?
>>
>>2224430
This. Except for humans. Humans are the deadliest predator, if armed only with a stick.

Without a stick, not so much.
>>
>>2223857
yes but could pits or rotts work as a pack like wolves can?

and if they could manage to win, they would be majorly fucked up too.

>>2223882
hyenas are huge motherfuckers man. they aren't dogs. they are bigger than wolves believe it or not.

most importantly they have evolved specifically compete against lions.
>>
>>2225272
Pits and Rotts really need to step it up and evolve to have stronger bite force. We keep cuddling them too much, they got weaker every generation.

They should evolve just like the hyenas to compete with tigers and bears.
>>
>>2223882
Hyenas don't beat lions one on one, and I have never heard of them ever beating a healthy adult male lion, even with numbers. A bunch of hyenas can overwhelm outnumbered lionesses, but in a one on one fight, any hyena gets BTFO by any adult lion.
>>
>>2225373
I just saw a video of group of hyenas beating adult lions but those were female. One male lion comes and they all run away. I guess the mane really does matter
>>
File: tigers-face-roaring-wallpaper-3.jpg (878KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tigers-face-roaring-wallpaper-3.jpg
878KB, 1920x1080px
>>2223851
Dude, an adult tiger will NOT lose to a dog 1:1, regardless of the dog's breed. Adult Siberians have been reported to hunt and KILL brown bears for food. Indian tigers have been witnessed overpowering and killing motherfucking crocodiles, man. And they hunt pythons for breakfast. Try that for size. Your precious mutts are not gonna stand a chance, unless they attack in huge numbers, and even then a sizeable part of the pack best be ready to die, because they're not all gonna be walking away from that encounter.
>>
>>2225235
Nope
>>
>>2224474

*shrug* I don't really care. Makes no difference who believes it. You guys can post all the youtube videos you want. The fact is that those videos cut out all the fluff. Animals don't just run up and start going at it. There's as much as 2 hours worth of posturing and intimidation.

On the same note, 3 dogs won't just charge in and attack a bear, or vice versa. Nature doesn't work like that. Wild animals do everything they can to avoid fighting unless they're literally dumb for their species. A single snipped tendon in their leg could spell their death. All animals have the innate instinct to avoid fights at all cost because it's too dangerous. Humans are the only jackasses stupid enough to pick fights for no reason.

Do you understand how much stamina a bear has compared to a dog? How slow they are? How much weight they have to lug around? Their muscles are not proportional to their weight. Do you not understand how easy it would be for 3 quick, agile enemies to drain them and mentally tax them through posturing? After 20 minutes of darting around and routing the bear, that bear is like a human after running a marathon. We all know that feeling.

This is what herd guardians do. They are not attack dogs. They actually suck at fighting. They posture and intimidate, and that's usually enough to run off prey. They rarely get into an actual fight. Bears are scared of packs of dogs as it is, so they're jumpy and hesitant. Despite what fantasies about bears you may have, they also know to avoid fights unless necessary. And a bear knows it will likely get injured against 3 150-pound dogs, even if it wins in the end.

Some animals are just retarded, though. And those are the bear carcasses I find on my farm.
>>
Lions aren;t all that impressive.

Tigers are larger and p4p more dangerous. Jaguars are smaller but are comparable to lions,

The biggest difference is that Lions have longer and more slender legs, especially forearms, making them weaker along with their underwhelming bite force. Tiger and Jaguars are much more robust and have a much more superior bite force.
>>
>>2224433
Lol guys this post was me but I forgot to mention those bears were cubs :p.
>>
I can't believe there are people really wondering if a dog can defeat a lion, a tiger or even a god damned bear
>>
>>2225858
People on /an/ are super desperate to try and prove dogs > cats no matter what aspect of nature it is, even if it means looking like the biggest retard.
>>
>>2225858
>>2225881
The reason I made this thread is because Ive read about hyenas being able to beat lions, and that they actually have stronger bite force. So why not a strong pitbull or kangal (more bite force than lion too).

I think two fully grown Tibetan Mastiffs might be able to stand up to a bear or at least drive it away.
>>
>>2225918
What species of bear, male or female, and in what circumstance the confrontation occurs matters a great deal. For instance, in no world will two Tibetan mastiffs drive off an adult male grizzly from his territory.
>>
File: dogo.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dogo.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
my tibetty mastiff probably would lose.
>>
>>2225918
They are able to: if they manage to gang up on a lone one. If it's two lions and ten hyenas, they'll fuck off rather than risk getting hurt.
>>
>>2224408
Kangals alwere pretty much bred as shephard/guard dogs in largely uncivilized regions where shit like bears and wolves are actual threats.
They are true working dogs, uncontaminated by retarded a e s t h e t i c standards that plague most western breeds.
>>
File: jaguar.jpg (102KB, 729x480px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar.jpg
102KB, 729x480px
>>2224408
>Kangal - 743 bite force
>Lion - 691 bite force

aww that's cute.
>>
>>2225844
>muh super dogs
>muh unsubstantiated claims
>>
>>2224408
a lot of people don't seem to realize than individual lions are the weakest of big cats because they work in groups.

try comparing it jaguars and tigers
>>
>>2224408
because big cats have knives attached to to their hands and aren't afraid to use them.
>>
>>2227044
and dog teeth are duller.
>>
>>2223851
Canines are pack animals, felines are solitary killers. Felines wreck Canines in any physical fight.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.