[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal Allergies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: FMp6eJq.jpg (135KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FMp6eJq.jpg
135KB, 720x960px
How do you guys deal with allergies?

I was not blessed with a healthy physique. I am allergic to cats, dogs, birds... Probably most pets. The problem is that I'm a huge animal person. I love dogs, birds, rats, etc. I am not partial to cats but I want to foster one someday. I don't quite know what my allergies are tbqh. The last time I got too close to a cat I was five. I don't remember what exactly happened, just that I couldn't go to school for days afterwards. I know it wasn't one of those life-threatening allergies where you swell up so it was probably asthma related.

What am I supposed to do about allergies besides wash my hands every time I pet an animal? I know vaccines apparently exist to help allergies and there are over-the-counter stuff too.
>>
I'm in your boat. I take Zyrtec daily and it helps a lot but some dogs, and cats in purrticular, still make me sneeze hard. I've never tried shots, I just deal with it. Try some of the over the counter medicines available, they can be expensive but generics are often affordable and on sale too. In my areas Targets have not-zyrtec marked down almost constantly.
>>
I've heard allergies can be of different specific things of animals. for example you can be allergic to the saliva of cats, or their skin shedding. If you know what specifiic thing you're allergic to, you could look into wht animals are a possible option for that. for example hairless cats are said to be less likely to cause an allergic reaction, possible because they have no hair, so they don't groom themselves as much, so don't have that much saliva on their bodies.
>>
>>2222873
I'm allergic to my guinea pigs. It's fine if I'm just feeding them or petting them for a little bit but afterwards I have to wash my hands before my eyes get watery and I start sneezing everywhere. When it's time to clean their cage I pop a benadryl and get to work, I still sneeze, but I don't feel as much of a mess as I would without it.
>>
>>2223445

Is it unusual to wash your pets after interacting with animals? My parents taught me too. Animals are often germy and furry.
>>
When I lived with animals I would just use fluticasone every day or two.

It worked pretty well up to the point of blatantly stuffing your face in their fur.
>>
>>2222873
i took montelukast and that worked super well. just recently stopped taking it because i ran out and had a hard time calling in more

> ask pharmacy to request a refill twice, no dice
> call doctor office, ask for refills to be sent in.
> 1 week later, still no refill, call office again. "PLEASE send in more refills. again.", "no prob, anon"
> still no refill. call office again.. "anon, it's been a year since we saw you, come see us"

at this point, fuck it. if i ever find myself at the doctor's again imma ask for it, though
>>
>work in a lab
>allergic to rats
>everyone else is as well
>all of us pop zyrtec like candy and some of us have allergy shots.

Shots help a lot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.