[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burning spiders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: _76778293_spider_elvis.jpg (41KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_76778293_spider_elvis.jpg
41KB, 660x371px
So I've been getting some bigger than usual house spiders around my place lately and today I found a large and a small one togehter on a web. Naturally I lit them on fire to remove them, and the larger one died pretty quick. The smaller one fell off the web and left something behind. I lit the mysterious object and it burned really bright for a second before going out. Any idea what a spider would have that would burn like that?
>>
>>2222479
is this bait
>>
>>2222480
Sorry I'm drunk and I only just now realized how retarded this question was.
>>
>>2222479
Is this the day of beign a dick to animals?

Don't torture shit because you are a pussy, you damn faggot you can acomplish the same shit with a shoe and a vacuum cleaner, don't create a fire hazard, cause you can't handle a weaver spider, that are harmless anyway.

The mysterious thing was her egg sack, that bright light was the life of her younglings fading away in agony.

I hope a spider decides to enter your ear when you are sleeping.
>>
>>2222483
Spiders and all aracnids and insects are basically machines made of cells. They don't feel pain or experience anything close to emotion or thought. Fire also kills them instantly if they are small, but I made a mistake with the big one. It took like 3 seconds of fire to die. So while I agree with you, it was maybe less quick or efficient than just crushing them, they did not suffer at all. Obviously I would never do anything like this to anything that would actually feel pain.
>>
>>2222486
We are just machines made of cells, if I light you on fire, the sensations you will feel are the same that allow all living organisms to know that walking into fire is bad.
>>
>>2222486
You don't know that the pain is any less. You can't know that. If anything, it is possible that more neurologically simple organisms are wired to experience greater pain from comparable stimuli.
>>
>>2222482
Wait, what was it?
>>
>>2222551
I think OP wanted to know if spiders can breathe fire instead of webs if they were bigger. Probably he meant to post this on /tg/
>>
>>2222554
Well then. Color me thoroughly confused.
>>
>>2222549
We know for a fact that they don't ''experience'' any pain at all, since they lack the facilities to experience in the first place.
Their reaction to stimuli is a purely mechanical one.
If I wired a box up to play a scream every time you push a button, you wouldn't say that it's pain, would you?
>>
Op you're not a faggot, you're an asshole. Spiders are extremely helpful and if you don't bother them, they don't bother you. Why the fuck anyone would harm a spider is beyond me. You do know they rid your house of all the other invasive and annoying insects you DONT want in your house, right?
>>
>>2222564
Your analogy is bad but I tend to agree with you. There seems to be a gradient, from rock to a human being, but we are still figuring it out.
>>
>>2222479
It was collecting pure magnesium you arsehole, in spider culture that was likely his entire famiys savings.
>>
>>2222596
I burned them because they were way bigger than my normal house spiders. I usually don't kill the small ones but these ones were large and I didn't want hundreds of them running around my house once their eggs hatched.
>>
>>2222737
>I burned them because they were way bigger than my normal house spiders
That's not a real reason. They were bigger because they were giant house spiders, but that doesn't make them more dangerous.
>>
>>2222549
>you can't prove nerve cells correspond to an ability to feel pain
Anon please
>>
File: 1473089831623.jpg (138KB, 580x859px) Image search: [Google]
1473089831623.jpg
138KB, 580x859px
ITT: Bleeding hearts.
>>
>>2222737
>and I didn't want hundreds of them running around my house once their eggs hatched.

This isn't directed at you because you're just a bored 17 year old from /b/ trying to bait but for any normal people reading this shit that's not how it actually works.
>>
>>2222618
His analogy is spot on. Though I'm not surprised you don't think so since a fucking rock is on your pain gradient scale.
>>
isn't that a picture of a grass spider?
those don't do shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.