[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I need some help. My 2 months old corn snake doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 12_07_22.jpg (229KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
12_07_22.jpg
229KB, 800x600px
Hey guys, I need some help. My 2 months old corn snake doesn't want to eat frozen pinkies. It just stares at them for a while and then it goes away. What can I do? Should I get live pinkies for it?
It hasn't eaten since I got it (1 week and 4 days). Since they eat once a week it should be hungry!
>>
>>2220340
No one likes cold food, give him those bastards alive to make it feel like a real snek
>>
>>2220343
So live food is always better?
>>
Has the snake eaten frozen pinkies until now?

The thing is that "wild" snakes are not into dead food. You should use some tongs and wiggle the frozen pinkie in front of it, and see its reaction, if it prepares for attacking, keep going, but if it goes away and seems afraid, wiggle it only a little and further away.

Also keep in mind that snakes have the ability to sense the thermal infrared radiation. I suppose you already do that, but the frozen pinkie needs to stay in a bag in warm water for like 2 hours before you can feed it to the snake. No boiling water and NO Microwave, as the meat gets cooked and may cause illness to the snake.
>>
>>2220351
No, frozen pinkies are better, because it substantially decreases the chance of getting the snake ill. You only need to teach the snake not to be picky about it.
>>
>>2220355
Yes, it ate a defrozen one in front of me, at the store. And I wiggle the pinky but it doesn't work

>>2220356
How
>>
>>2220360
>>2220360
It might be that the pinky is not warm enough. Simply put it in a plastic bag and then in a bowl of warm water for like 2 hours, as the pinky needs to get warm on the inside too.
>>
OP, you haven't had this snake for very long. It takes a while for them to feel comfy enough to eat a meal in the new lodgings. Wait another week before trying again. Do not handle snek until it starts eating regularly.

>>2220367

It's better to thaw in room temperature water then put it in warm water for a couple minutes to heat.

OP, you can also brain the mouse to get the snake's attention. Poke a hole in its skull to get the smell of yummy brain fluids in the air. I'm not kidding this does actually work sometimes.
>>
>>2220340
1. Make a slit on the pinky's back, or poke a hole in its brain.

2. Make sure the pinky is very warm.

3. Try "attacking" the snake with the pinky, by poking its snout with the pinky.

4. You can go to a pet store and ask for rat/mouse bedding, and then rub the pinky over it to get the piss smell on it.

5. Wait another week until the snake is actually hungry.

6. Worst case scenario, you may need to use live feeding. Since it would be a pinky, there's no need to worry about your snake being harmed.
>>
File: IMAG0038.jpg (2MB, 2368x4224px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0038.jpg
2MB, 2368x4224px
>>2220548
>all of this
My BP was live fed until we got her, bedding trick worked like a charm. Didn't even have to wiggle it, fatty caught it midair when I dropped it. If you have to resort to live feed, once the mice are big enough to open eyes never leave the snake unattended with the mouse. I prekilled before feeding her usually to be safe. Here's fatty a few hours ago waking up from her carb coma.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.