[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently got a new kitten to my home, and so far things seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-09-15 15.46.42.jpg (796KB, 2125x1196px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-15 15.46.42.jpg
796KB, 2125x1196px
Recently got a new kitten to my home, and so far things seems to have been going good. The kitten is still in hiding, and doesn't really want to come out for treats or toys, but I've mostly given him space.

I already have an adult cat in my home, and he's been very curious at what is hidden in normally his bedroom. Lots of guides recommend letting the cats see each other, etc, though the kitten hasn't even started coming out of hiding yet. Should I keep them separated, or let the adult cat find him? I'm not sure if that will make things worse, or perhaps lets him know another cat is here.

Anyone got experience with introducing shy kittens? My last cat was very active and playful from hour 1, so I'm not really sure what to do. Here are some pictures of the little one.
>>
File: 2016-09-16 03.07.11.jpg.jpg (602KB, 2125x1196px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-16 03.07.11.jpg.jpg
602KB, 2125x1196px
He's been hiding at a few different places, but now he mostly stays inside a cat tower.
>>
what a beautiful kitten! keep them separated for sure. no point in stressing out both cats.

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-successfully-introduce-cats-the-ultimate-guide
>>
>>2219519
Let your dog maul the cat, he'll learn to appreciate the taste.
>>
>>2219519
>>2219520
Fucking adorable op. What type of cat is he? Looks like he has a bit of norwegian forest cat in him.

Definitely give him time, trying to force him out of his comfort zone wont help at all. Keep your movements slow around him, no sudden movements or startling noises. Keep enticing him with treats and maybe try and get a few toys for him, he is a kitten so he's bound to want to play but is just too shy right now to act on it.

As for introducing, put the kitten in an area where the adult cat's smell is present, and put the adult cat in an area where the kitten's smell is present. This will hopefully get them used to each other somewhat before they actually meet. When you do let them meet in person, make sure you have a way of keeping the kitten safe just in case the adult cat doesnt like the kitten. Hopefully this wont happen, but you want to be 100% sure.

Also, please post more pics and keep us updated every once in a while!
>>
Kitty probably just wants to take it easy for now.
>>
File: 2016-09-16 20.59.29.jpg (922KB, 2125x1196px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-16 20.59.29.jpg
922KB, 2125x1196px
>>2219602

Close! A Siberian, so a long-haired fluffy breed as well. Progress is slow, but he seems to be warming up a little more to his environment. He'll play with some toys left in safe places, and when I'm out of the room. And he's even dared to use the box, which makes me relieved.

I let the big cat in once today, kept him in my arms and let him watch the kitten. He hissed once at him, but didn't growl(made some strange yipping noises once or twice, not sure what that was).

I have a barred railing I can put up in the doorway, and let the big cat watch into the room. I might do this tomorrow, if progress is good.

I slept in my room yesterday and the kitty was out and moving. Maybe I should sleep once on the couch to give kitty free reign of the room?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.