[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Axolotls are sick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I got home from work and I had noticed the skin on my axolotls had started peeling off. I took one to the store too see if they could help but they had no idea what an axolotl was and said they couldn't help me. I tried looking online but couldn't find much. Does anyone here know what this is and what I can do to help them?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
The second one has it worse
>>
Sorry to hear that dude I wish I could help, good luck though
>>
I guess some more information would be that they are both still very active. Almost unbothered by they're condition that they're tail fins have gotten significantly smaller
>>
>>2215226
Consider checking the chlorine content of the water, as well as asking your water company if any changes have been made recently.
>>
GO TO THE VET

That species is endangered as shit, as you may very well know. Don't let them die
>>
>>2215325
>That species is endangered as shit
lol, sure think little buddy
>>
>>2215352
Not this >>2215325 anon, but they are kind of critically endangered.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axolotl
>>
>>2215354
there are hundreds of extremely stable captive populations and a near perfect body of knowledge of how to keep and breed them.
>>
>>2215355
Yes, that is true, but the wild population is far from stable, and if they're killed off, they will probably never be able to be reintroduced because of the overpopulated shithole mexico is.
>>
>>2215358
axolotls are extinct in the wild and will never be able to be reintroduced because their natural habitats are completely fucked up
>>
>>2215363
No they're not. You are wrong.
>>
>>2215378
>A four-month-long search in 2013 turned up no surviving individuals in the wild.
>Unfortunately for the axolotl, Lake Chalco no longer exists, as it was artificially drained to avoid periodic flooding, and Lake Xochimilco remains a remnant of its former self, existing mainly as canals.
>These new fish have been eating the axolotls' young, as well as its primary source of food.
Maybe learn to read the links you post, retard.
>>
>>2215385
I'm the one who posted the link, not this >>2215378 faggot.
>>
>>2215325
I already did
>>
>>2215489
Go to a better vet, find one that deals with exotic animals,then kill yourself for buying an animal you can't look after
>>
>>2215226
Check water qaulity if there is any ammonia nitrite in it GET THEM IN DIFFERENT WATER QUICK if the tests are 0 visit a vet
>>
>>2215534
Alright
>>
Just an update. I found out what was causing it, it was fungus, I am now treating them with salt baths and will fridge them afterwards to heal, I will then take out most of the water from my tank and fill it with treated water to help get rid of any ammonia that might be in there
>>
>>2216094

Good luck, op.
>>
>>2215378
>No they're not. You are wrong.
you live in xochimilco to state that?

also I'm blame carps partially for
>>
>>2216094
Glad you got it figured out and I hope they're okay. I was gonna suggest if you couldn't find a vet maybe take them to a college if you have one near you. Mine raised them in the biology labs so it's a thought if something happens in the future, they might be able to help.
>>
>>2216684
That's a pretty good idea thanks man.
>>
>>2215226
If there's some milky white stuff, they're molting. Also, they eat the molted skin so yeah
>>
>>2216094
>will fridge them afterwards

gg
>>
>>2216094
Can you post an follow up image of them, when they recover?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.