[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longisquama Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (20KB, 293x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 293x502px
Looking at Longisquama, I personally don't see how this creature could NOT be the common ancestor of birds and pterosaurs to the exclusion of dinosaurs. The skull is very similar to both Archaeopteryx and primitive pterosaurs like Sordes and has an antorbital fenestra, while the skulls of early dinosaurs like Herrerasaurus are already bulky, more similar to Postosuchus and other crocodylomorphs. That doesn't even account for the light build and feather-like structures similar to the earliest birds and pterosaurs. What do you think /an/?
>>
File: 1450007187695.jpg (40KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1450007187695.jpg
40KB, 604x453px
I think you're just being a contrarian.
Your skull argument isn't evidence for anything, considering there's about 60-70 million years between Herrerasaurus and the first birds, and convergent is a thing.
Non avian dinosaurs also have antorbital fenestra, I'm not even sure why you brought that up.
The structures don't resemble feathers, pycnofibres or wing membranes any more than Coelurosauravus or bat wings do, again it's merely convergent evolution, assuming they were even used for gliding.
Disregarding all that, do you have any other evidence that birds have a more recent common ancestor with pterosaurs than dinosaurs? All the evidence seems stacked against you.
>>
>>2214505
I think that when you look at it, it can't possibly be anything but quetzalcoatlus, the mesoamerican creator and culture hero, and that it represents the alien ancestor of the lizard people who have been ruling this socieity since the beginning!
>>
>>2214806
Pterosaurs have hollow bones and feather-like pycnofibers. Primitive birds like Yi qi also have wing membranes. This may also imply that birds are the result of hybrid speciation between maniraptorans and pterosaurs. Given that archosaurs have a slow rate of chromosome and DNA evolution compared to mammals and squamates, it wouldn't surprise me if the teo could form a viable if not completely fertile hybrid.
>>
File: 1470423035468.jpg (73KB, 630x461px) Image search: [Google]
1470423035468.jpg
73KB, 630x461px
>>2215034
didn't your mother ever told you you'd go blind if you kept 'baitin?
>>
File: longisquama.jpg (57KB, 588x470px) Image search: [Google]
longisquama.jpg
57KB, 588x470px
>>
File: sharovipteryx_by_ntamura.jpg (16KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
sharovipteryx_by_ntamura.jpg
16KB, 600x327px
>>2214505
Screeyeyeye
>>
>>2215074
I don't masturbate.
>>2215086
David Peters' research is interesting, but I am very skeptical that photoshop can elucidate hidden features of fossils.
>>
File: 1387038752191.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1387038752191.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>2215034
>Primitive birds like Yi qi also have wing membranes.
>Yi qi
>Bird
Stop it anon
>his may also imply that birds are the result of hybrid speciation between maniraptorans and pterosaurs
> it wouldn't surprise me if the teo could form a viable if not completely fertile hybrid.
I SAID STOP
>>
>>2215106
According to Alan Feduccia's paper "Jurassic archosaur is a non-dinosaurian bird" the family Yi qi belongs to are non-dinosaurian basal birds. Epidexipteryx, interestingly, has a long finger like a pterosaur.
>>
>>2215115
Oops, I meant Scansoriopteryx.
>>
>>2215034
This is true. The normie sheeple also don't realize crocodiles are just the hybrid of a dinosaur and hippo.
>>
File: bird evolution.jpg (10KB, 512x239px) Image search: [Google]
bird evolution.jpg
10KB, 512x239px
A rough cladogram illustrating my theory.
>>
>>2215125
Feduccia pls go
>>
>>2215125
I have no words to describe the amount of autism you have. Are you ok? Are you allowed to be in public? I am afraid for you anon.
>>
>>2215128
I am not Alan Feduccia, but I do admire his work. He is to bird evolution what Galileo was to astronomy, persecuted by those who can't let go of the "cool" hypothesis that birds evolved from dinosaurs.
>>
>>2215125
Not possible.

I'll just assume you're trolling.
>>
>>2215239
Try telling galliformes, turtles, wolphins and elephants that hybrids between different genera and families are not possible.
>>
>>2215248
Dude, that would be like crossing a leatherback turtle with a pig nosed turtle. Even european rabbits and american rabbits can't produce offspring.
>>
>>2215125
This confirms my theory that bats are simply the end result of a particularly sordid rat and pigeon swingers party. I'm 100% sure stick insects are also bug-plant hybrids, their eggs look just like seeds so that basically confirms it. Good work OP.
>>
>>2215248
>some highly-related 'genera' can interbreed therefore so can everything
I have no idea why you'd think there's a constant for how related genera are to each other. Classification is an artificial attempt at putting organisms in boxes, in many cases it's just because somebody wanted to personally divide and name stuff. Plenty of genera are about as related as some species are to each other, so you can't just go inventing shit new rules.
>>
>>2215106
I never thought I'd say this but anon it sounds like you have too much spare time to NOT masturbate
>>2215144
> He is to bird evolution what Galileo was to astronomy, persecuted by those who can't let go of the "cool" hypothesis that birds evolved from dinosaurs.
Feduccia stop patting yourself on the back and accept your hypothesis is wrong.
>>
File: youre talking shit.gif (486KB, 500x192px) Image search: [Google]
youre talking shit.gif
486KB, 500x192px
>>2215280
>I'm 100% sure stick insects are also bug-plant hybrids, their eggs look just like seeds so that basically confirms it.
You're talking shit Karl
>>
>>2215373
Nigger. That was an obvious troll.
>>
>>2215144
>He is to bird evolution what Galileo was to astronomy, persecuted by those who can't let go of the "cool" hypothesis that birds evolved from dinosaurs.
except Galileo presented an exciting new idea while Feduccia only defends a boring outdated one.

in your Galileo comparison Feduccia is the church persecuting people for thinking new things.
>>
>>2215089
GUYS
>>
>>2215636
>Doesn't know who Karl is
>>
>>2215281
Galliform hybrids are fucking interfamilial.
>>
>>2215106
>David Peters
>research
choose one
>>
>>2215636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLr1IzKTuPs
>>
>>2216530
Oh.
>>
File: Yi_qi_restoration.jpg (1009KB, 900x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Yi_qi_restoration.jpg
1009KB, 900x1535px
Why are flying dinosaurs so great?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.