[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fear I'm becoming a crazy cat lady

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: 6355.jpg (22KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
6355.jpg
22KB, 500x374px
Or a cat guy as it were.

I started out with 1 cat. Only one I swear. But I'm on good terms with my neighbor, and our fence is full of holes, so their young cats started walking in my backyard too playing with my kitten. Maybe I should've shooed them away instead of petting them once in a while and giving them some food.
At first it was just two cats. Cute, right? Kittens. Then it was three cats. Four cats. I'm at five cats now. I don't even know where this fifth one came from! I thought they'd eventually leave and go back to the neighbor, but they are keeping my porch and backyard firmly under occupation.

How long do you reckon it takes until I become known as "that weird guy with half a dozen cats" or somebody calls me a cat hoarder? What am I supposed to do?
>>
Make sure they're fixed. You can drag them to a vet or shelter to find out- many places do free or very cheap spay/neuters for feral cats. If they don't get fixed, that 5 is going to turn into 30.

If you like them, keep them. 5 is pretty crazy but definitely not hoarding. Talk to your neighbor or try to find them homes. Or just stop feeding them.
>>
>>2214335
If you let them live outside, they're not your pets anyway. They are just strays that you happen to feed.
>>
>>2214343
Did you read the OP? That's exactly what's going on.
>>
>>2214346
He's calling them "his" cats. They aren't. They're strays. You can't be hoarding cats if you don't have any cats.
>>
>>2214343
>If you let them live outside, they're not your pets anyway.

Is this some kind of American meme I don't get? Of course they are yours even if they live outside.
Cats and dogs don't belong in the house. They need space to run around and play, and in general just enjoy their lives. They can't do that if they are imprisoned in somebody's home.
>>
>>2214385
BAIT ALERT BAIT ALERT BAIT ALERT

10/10 GUARANTEED REPLIES
>>
>>2214335
You'll just have to be ruthless from now on. Charity isn't infinite, you can only carry on looking after a certain amount of cute cats until they infest and take over the psychological void that initially led you down this path.
>>
>>2214385
You probably live in some shit tier country and let your aggressive dog free roam even. Your opinion doesn't count.
>>
>>2214387
thx bby, that was a close call
>>
>>2214393
Not even him, but cats need to be able to live outside and mouse/hunt. That's what they were designed to do. If it lives on your property, it's still your cat, whether or not it lives in your house.
>>
>>2214397
Dogs were designed to hunt in packs, and we don't let them do that.
>>
>>2214397
We are talking about domestic cats, retard. Not wildcats. Domestic cats don't need to hunt any more than dogs need to hunt.

People like you are the reason I kill every outdoor cat I can. You can't take responsibility for an animal you call "yours".
>>
>>2214400
>Dogs were designed to hunt in packs, and we don't let them do that.
>there aren't people who hunt bears and shit with packs of hounds
lamo

>>2214404
>People like you are the reason I kill every outdoor cat I can.
edgy *tips le fedora*

I'd also consider taking it to the vet on a regular basis, having it fixed and supplementing its diet taking responsibility. My cat has a job. That's to keep mice and shit away from my other animals, my barn, and my house. Can't do that if he's locked inside all day. He's still my cat, even though he doesn't live in my house.
>>
>>2214409
I'm sure you wouldn't mind if someone let their dog hunt your cats, since you let your invasive species hunt native songbirds.

Just because you feed it doesn't mean you are taking care of it. If you gave a shit about it, you'd keep it out of harms way. This is too much for retarded cat owners to understand though.
>>
File: 1450339638405.jpg (38KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
1450339638405.jpg
38KB, 619x619px
>>2214409
>Every person should allow dogs to hunt bears in packs
>>
>>2214409
>That's to keep mice and shit away from my other animals, my barn, and my house.
you wouldn't have mice 'and shit' to begin with if you weren't too incompetent to store your food properly.

most mammals a cat kills are native, you're destroying your local ecosystem.

that's eco-terrorism.
>>
>>2214412
Obviously, if someone's dog comes onto my property and goes after one of my animals, I.E. my cat, I'm going to shoot it.

>if you gave as hit about it, you'd keep it out of harms way.

Unless you declaw your cat, they aren't defenseless. Dude's 13 years old and he's doing fine.

>>2214414
>tripfag
>>
>>2214420
by your understanding of the world, someone can also kill your cat once off your property and be completely justified in doing so
>>
>>2214424
>by your understanding of the world, someone can also kill your cat once off your property and be completely justified in doing so

If he's attacking one of their pets, absolutely. If he's minding his own business and someone pulls a >>2214404 then I'd fuck them up.
>>
>>2214427
>If he's minding his own business
cats are invasive pest animals, their business is being destructive glorified rats.
> I'd fuck them up.
please you keep cats, it doesn't get more cuck than that you pathetic beta.
>>
>>2214427
If it's on my property, it's fucking dead. It's your responsibility to, at the very least, keep your animal on your land even if you're going to have it live outside. If you don't care enough to at least do that then you have no room to bitch.
>>
>>2214420
Your cat is 13 years old but has the mentality of a very small child. Trust me, I've killed plenty of cats and their claws don't help them for shit.
>>
>>2214440
Sure thing. The difference is that I live miles away from anyone. Someone would have to go WAY out of their way to kill my cat.

>>2214443
>I've killed plenty of cats and their claws don't help them for shit.

I'm not talking about defending themselves against assholes that kill shit just to kill shit, I'm talking about keeping field mice and snakes away from my barn and my chicken coop. Again, if I caught someone coming miles out of their way to kill my cat, I'll kill them.
>>
OP here,

Cats are not an invasive species in my country - in fact they've been here for at least ten thousand years so this whole argument is pretty pointless.
Also. The world does not revolve around the United States, tyvm.
>>
>>2214460
>Cats are not an invasive species in my country
cats are invasive in every country, they're the single most destructive pest species on earth, far worse than any individual species of rat and canetoads combined.

>they've been here for at least ten thousand years
so have black rats and those are still invasive.
>>
>>2214459
That's not the case with typical cat owners. Typical cat owners let their cats roam onto other people's yards, shit in their lawns, and scratch up their cars. Then they act surprised when kitty "disappears".

Still, you're a shitty person for letting your cat contribute to diminishing the native songbird population.
>>
File: 1470659476472.jpg (13KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
1470659476472.jpg
13KB, 224x219px
>>2214465
>cats are invasive in every country, they're the single most destructive pest species on earth, far worse than any individual species of rat and canetoads combined.

source?
>>
>>2214469
try to name a species that's more invasive than cats besides humans.
>>
>>2214467
Then I guess I'm a shitty person. Feel better about yourself?
>>
File: 6y0fQJi.jpg (39KB, 480x765px) Image search: [Google]
6y0fQJi.jpg
39KB, 480x765px
>>2214474
rats
west nile virus
chyrid fungus

cat populations are easily controlled, unlike invasive species. feral cat colonies are still dependant on humans.
>>
>>2214490
They would be easily controlled if dumbfuck cat owners would take responsibility for their pets. That's far too much for them to handle, though. That's why billions of songbirds die yearly
>>
>>2214490
>rats
'rats' isn't an individual species.

>west nile virus
>chyrid fungus
those aren't even animals.
>>2214494
this.
>>
>>2214494
if you live in the US, you can take feral cats and get them fixed for $0-10. they even have traps you can borrow. it only takes one person in the community to stop the cats from multiplying.
>>
>>2214503
invasive SPECIES, buddy. you didn't specify animal.
>>
>>2214465
>cats are invasive in every country,

>what are wildcats
>>
>>2214520
We're not talking about wildcats you dumbfuck.
>>
>>2214506
I don't bother, I just kill all outdoor cats. One person doing that, however, isn't enough when there are other dumbasses who let their unaltered cats out.
>>
>>2214512
your virusses don't do more damage than cats anyway :(
>>
>>2214527
you'd be surprised at how many people monitor feral cat colonies. the fact you could easily kill dozens of them kind of proves my point about them being dependant on humans; if they weren't domesticated they wouldn't be so easy to off.
>>
>>2214531
..nearly 50% of frog species are in decline, around 30% are threatened.
>>
>>2214535
That still doesn't take away from the fact that irresponsible cat owners let their unaltered cats out. If it is so easily controllable then why is it so out of control?
>>
File: h71.png (6KB, 619x91px) Image search: [Google]
h71.png
6KB, 619x91px
>>2214545
last time I checked we don't farm frogs.
>>
>>2214552
I guess there's a lot of shitty owners near you? I only see a few outdoor cats where I am, and no colonies.

you could make a difference if you wanted to. it's easier to play edgelord on the interwebs though, isn't it?
>>
>>2214555
I wasn't saying frogs were pests, I was talking about chytrid but I should've specified.

There's a mass extinction among frogs, populations worldwide are being killed by a disease caused by chytrid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chytridiomycosis
>>
>>2214555
>resorting to semantics

The best sign bugguy knows he lost the argument.

Here's a reply in your style:
>You're assuming i was using that term in that specific sense haha :)
>>
>>2214569
I haven't been talking about pests at all so I'm not sure what he's on about. invasive species aren't pests by definition. the frog extinction is pretty srs bzns tho, and no doubt our fault since we ship pet frogs all around the globe.
>>
File: Ecnomiohyla_rabborum_2 (1).jpg (3MB, 3000x1905px) Image search: [Google]
Ecnomiohyla_rabborum_2 (1).jpg
3MB, 3000x1905px
>>2214567
im familiar with it, one of my favourite species is extinct in the wild due to it.

i said cats are the most invasive PEST species though.
>>2214569
i cant help that your reading comprehension is bad.
>>
>>2214578
Remember that time you didn't know what a parasite is? ;)
>>
>>2214578
when you consider how important frogs are to research I'd argue you could say chytrid is a pest by the definition you posted.. there's probably some frog with the cure for cancer that's gone extinct.

it's not like we farm songbirds, either.
>>
File: h76.png (23KB, 769x199px) Image search: [Google]
h76.png
23KB, 769x199px
>>2214580
i remember schooling you on the subject? :)

haha
>>
>>2214555
Anything can be made to fit that definition.
Example: If some species go extinct and tourism suffers I bet the locals get annoyed.
>>
>>2214581
>it's not like we farm songbirds, either.
toxoplasmosis can effect most of our livestock though.

not sure about you but I wouldn't eat a steak from an animal with toxoplasmosis.
>>
>>2214583
Remember being schooled on the subject? haha
>>
>>2214584
>If some species go extinct and tourism suffers
then we're not talking about frogs because if people actually gave a shit about them we would've fixed this problem by now don't you think.

or atleast tried to do anything at all.
>>
>>2214587
>then we're not talking about frogs
you're assuming anon was talking about frogs.
>>
>>2214585
good thing the T gondii will get treated when they treat the livestock for the other dozen species of parasites they have.

if you're healthy you won't even have symptoms from it.
>>
>>2214589
>T gondii will get treated when they treat the livestock for the other dozen species of parasites they have.
I only eat biological farmed meat.
>>2214588
no im assuming anon wasnt talking about frogs, cant you read?
>>
>>2214590
>biological farmed meat
top lel
What's geological farmed meat?
>>
File: 1460608299704.jpg (70KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
1460608299704.jpg
70KB, 800x599px
>>2214590
>biological farmed meat
what the hell is that?
>>
>>2214595
It's a marketing trick and bugguy buys into it because he's uneducated.
>>
>>2214593
>>2214595
eco meat has a bio label in the netherlands.

basically means they're outside most of the year and aren't chemocured, while enjoying a diet of wild grasses rather than fish and corn garbage.
>>
>>2214596
that kind of marketing is against the law here.

you can't put a bio label on something that isn't bio.

i feel sorry for you poor amerilards.
>>
>>2214600
Not the marketing itself, but the wording. Think about it. Can you raise animals without biological processes?
>>
>>2214597
that's lovely but doesn't protect them against parasites. still gotta cook your meat, or better yet don't eat it at all.
>>
>>2214601
it's called biological because it doesn't damage nature as much.

ecologically responsible etc.
>>
>>2214602
i don't eat well-done steak, do you?
>>
File: AOK.jpg (8KB, 261x181px) Image search: [Google]
AOK.jpg
8KB, 261x181px
>>2214607
I don't eat steak.
>>
>>2214556
I try. That's why I kill outdoor cats. Easier than taking them to vet and definitely helps.
>>
>>2214608
i dont eat steak often but when i do it's medium rare/rare
>>
>>2214336
>>2214404
>>2214414
>>2214440
>>2214465
>>2214494
>>2214506
>>2214527
etc etc

>omg if you don't fix cats, one female = 500000 cats in 7 years
>they've been living here for millenia look at all the environmental damage :(((
>grrr nothing personal kid I will kill your cat if it comes on my properdy

Now tell me there isn't pro-neuter, anti-free roam shilling on this board, that makes heavy use of emotional manipulation
People doing this have foregone humanity
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.